Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 05:57:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWeltenformer - Atmospheric Terraforming
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Weltenformer - Atmospheric Terraforming  (Read 8320 times)
thekosmonaut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 10:42:20 AM »

99' wants its fur shader back  Big Laff

Impressive pace of progress lately, it's always nice to be in a rush to do a lot of stuff and actually accomplish a lot

Is this in Unity?

somin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 09:20:07 PM »

Smiley yeah, its going pretty well at the moment. I'm not in a rush exactly, but this project fulfills me creatively at the moment. Sadly I'm neglecting some other projects a little. I'll have to find a balance Smiley

Yep, Unity all the way.

@sominklein      WIP Story Exploration Game      WIP Weltenformer      Done CLIMB
somin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »

this still has lots of issues... but it looks kinda nice x)

still a lot of problems with finding a good formula to add / subtract matter when lava or water is flowing over it. It sort of works that the lava solidifies if it flows into a lake or ocean, so, thats cool Smiley
the lava needs to look way more viscous though, my attempts so far failed on that part, but with a little more tweaking it  should work out i think.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:56:05 AM by somin » Logged

@sominklein      WIP Story Exploration Game      WIP Weltenformer      Done CLIMB
Juskelis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 04:07:09 PM »

this is an amazing devlog! Is there anywhere I can look to learn how to do what you're doing?

somin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 10:25:57 PM »

I just played around with it until I got it running, but i recently found a tutorial that basically does exactly what I did:
http://www.alanzucconi.com/2016/03/02/4539/

Fuzzy Branch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »

I love this kind of stuff -- thanks for the tutorial link!

Maybe try using the temperature value to drive the color of the lava i.e. white hot to warm red to cool dark-grey.
You could also try generating a normalmap based on the outline of the lava to make it appear more raised-up/embossed? (convert the density gradient to nml direction)

Looking forward to seeing where this goes

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic