Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:20:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Deep Dark
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: The Deep Dark  (Read 10116 times)
conormn
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2016, 08:11:53 PM »

Hey there! I've been plugging away at sketching up a bunch of maze sections. Most of them are super boring and look like this:

Before I start building these out I wanted to get the menu and pause system working on desktop, which I've been doing this week. All of it's coming along nicely though while doing some research I've learned that I won't be able to disable the screensaver. I can stop the computer from sleeping, but not the screensaver. So as long as the user is playing it should be fine. And I've tested out a bunch of other games made with AIR and none of them stop it either. Guess that's just the way it is. But one of the neat parts of AIR is that the game will detect the users system language and adjust automatically if it's one of the supported nineteen languages. Should be a nice little surprise. More soon.

conormn
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2016, 05:16:03 PM »

Hello friends,

I got side tracked with some smaller projects and I'm going to do my best not to let it happen again. I'm learning how easy that is when you work by yourself on a long term project. One good thing to come out of the past few months was Black Gold, a quick thing I made with Chris Schlarb for the mystic western game jam.

But yes, 100% back on the deep dark.

At the moment I'm working on climbing animations.

More soon...

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 05:37:26 PM by Conor Mccann » Logged
egor.botov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2016, 11:38:08 PM »

A bit of coincidence here, started to listen to Chris Schlarb's Psychic Temple III this morning and checked tigsource for unseen devblogs. Now will definetly try Black Gold. And good luck with completing deep dark, minimalistic style and animation looks great.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:05:24 AM by egor.botov » Logged

conormn
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2016, 05:00:04 AM »

A bit of coincidence here, started to listen to Chris Schlarb's Psychic Temple III this morning and checked tigsource for unseen devblogs. Now will definetly try Black Gold. And good luck with completing deep dark, minimalistic style and animation looks great.

Fate!
Chris is the bees knees. Black Gold was his first time with a quick game jam and think he really enjoyed it.
conormn
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »

Finished the climbing animation and working now on a back alley scene.
Machines and trash cans for the next few days, stay tuned...

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »

Still looking good. Smiley

Given that the title of the game is The Deep Dark, those last couple of images are rather bright. Grin  I'm guessing, most likely, this is just the *calm* before the dark storm.

conormn
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »

Still looking good. Smiley

Given that the title of the game is The Deep Dark, those last couple of images are rather bright. Grin  I'm guessing, most likely, this is just the *calm* before the dark storm.

Correct! I'm revisiting the starting area and expanding it a bit.
thestrangers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2016, 04:05:03 PM »

Beautiful style. It's incredibly pleasing to look at and enough to describe your story. I'm a sucker for this kind of approach to minimalist artwork with strong sense of depth.

Followed. Do you have a design background?
conormn
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2016, 04:50:51 PM »

Beautiful style. It's incredibly pleasing to look at and enough to describe your story. I'm a sucker for this kind of approach to minimalist artwork with strong sense of depth.

Glad you like it Smiley
I worked in the advertising industry for about a decade as an art director. Most of the skills I'm using to make this game come from animating lots of evil flash banners during that time.
Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2016, 05:02:21 PM »

Nice to check in on this again, still looks lovely! Fluid animations and clean environments.

thestrangers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2016, 10:20:43 PM »

Glad you like it Smiley
I worked in the advertising industry for about a decade as an art director. Most of the skills I'm using to make this game come from animating lots of evil flash banners during that time.

Hand Thumbs Up Right Great to see those skills creating something like this.
conormn
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »

Hi, just a quick update. Finished the back alley scene and moving on to darker stuff.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic