Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:05:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMonster Prom [AVAILABLE!] <3
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Monster Prom [AVAILABLE!] <3  (Read 95161 times)
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2016, 07:56:43 AM »

Completely subjectively, at first and second glance I like #2 the best Smiley

Yeah! 2 and 3 seem to be the most popular. We will probably go with either of them! (:

Check the devlog for MONSTER PROM
And follow us on TWITTER
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2016, 07:59:17 AM »

Ok... so we have these map options! Which one do you like the most?

Here you can check the big version: http://i.imgur.com/BXdX0y0.jpg

[2]
Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2016, 08:11:02 AM »

Can I just say that I love how same-sex relationships are an option? *swoon*
As for the event pictures, they look awesome, though I think Red's gym face is a little derpy.

As for the schools, I really like the perspective of #1, but I like the building set up of 3 (just cause I like the rounded glass sections compared to your normal blocked, square buildings), and the walk way of #2.

D:

So not helping. How about #1's perspective on #3. Or #1 with a skull building. I just want the skull!

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2016, 01:55:06 PM »

Can I just say that I love how same-sex relationships are an option? *swoon*

Sure thing! The game has a non-binary approach, which is my personal approach to the matter. Gender hasn't to be more important than other aspects of a person to define one's attraction. During our lifetime we will feel attracted to some people. And yeah, it can happen that all that people has the same gender... but that doesn't mean we are attracted strictly to that gender. Why the gender is the very definition of what's attractive to us? And yeah, people can decide to define their orientation by a gender, but that must be a choice of the person. This is not explicitly explained in the game (so far) because I'm not sure if the game should follow my agenda on this. Maybe I decide to do it later, who knows?

Moreover, this approach make the game easier to develop! We treat all 4 playable characters just the same, which is easier. They are "personas" for the players. It also conveys a good message, because the character has no alteration on the relationship with the NPCs. The relationship is defined by the stats, which are traits that -to me- can be key on relationships over gender or looks. I have deliberatedly avoided stats like "strength" or "looks", which you can normally see on dating sims. Instead we have SMARTS, FUN, BOLDNESS, CHARM and CREATIVITY. I think, even if our tone is deeply wrong, we have some good messages here! (:
(but yeah, MONEY is also kind of a stat; but don't hate me!)

And follow us on TWITTER
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2016, 03:23:44 PM »

While I'd still like to see more options other than skinny people I really do like how your project is coming along, I think you are doing a damn fine job and I hope to see you keep up the good work!  CoffeeToast Right

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2016, 10:44:15 AM »

As for the event pictures, they look awesome, though I think Red's gym face is a little derpy.

I feel you!
What about now?

And follow us on TWITTER
Screen Head Media
Level 0

Digital games in all shapes and sizes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2016, 11:39:23 AM »

The new face is way cooler and resembles the quality of the other characters illustrations.

In general all graphics in the new style are super neat.
(the old style was cool to, but the new ones look more like they are meant for a game and not just stand alone illustrations)

I'm curious how the theme mix (high school + monsters + dating sim) plays out in the end, as all of these are pretty cliché heavy most of the time (which could be hilarious if executed right Grin).

Keep on the great work and stay motivated Smiley
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2016, 01:15:37 PM »

Ok... so we have these map options! Which one do you like the most?

Here you can check the big version: http://i.imgur.com/BXdX0y0.jpg

[2]

I think the artist is finally making some kind of blend based on the feedback we received!

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2016, 01:40:52 AM »

As for the schools, I really like the perspective of #1, but I like the building set up of 3 (just cause I like the rounded glass sections compared to your normal blocked, square buildings), and the walk way of #2.

D:

So not helping. How about #1's perspective on #3. Or #1 with a skull building. I just want the skull!

You're actually helping a lot! We have shared all the feedback with the artist so she can make some kind of mix based on what people likes about each map so far.

So... thanks! (:

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2016, 12:27:57 PM »

While I'd still like to see more options other than skinny people I really do like how your project is coming along, I think you are doing a damn fine job and I hope to see you keep up the good work!  CoffeeToast Right

Thanks a lot for the kind words!

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: August 16, 2016, 10:58:49 AM »

You can be rejected...

...or not!
It's up to you Wink

And follow us on TWITTER
next2indies
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: August 18, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »

Woah, both "lose" and "win" images are awesome. Do you already have all of them for all characters or just these ones?

Keep the great work!

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2016, 07:04:27 PM »

Woah, both "lose" and "win" images are awesome. Do you already have all of them for all characters or just these ones?

Keep the great work!

We actually already have all of 'em!

Let's show some more!

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2016, 04:33:43 AM »

Hey!

Soon we will start to look for some music and SFX for the game.
We don't want marry anyone yet. But we want to see people and search a tentative theme to go with our Kickstarter video as a way of testing if it could work as the game's main theme. We will also look at royalty-free libraries, I guess.

We will prepare a video and then we can test it with different songs? If you have anything that could go nice with the game and the video and you want to be part of this humble project, we'd be grateful of looking at it! (:

Please, if interested post it in here rather than a message. But as you prefer <3

And follow us on TWITTER
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2016, 06:08:08 AM »

already shot you a message a few weeks back? take a looksee & i can send you more stuff if you want.

not a secret or anything, everyone check my music out duh https://spellmynamewithabang.bandcamp.com/album/stuckhome-syndrome-part-one-v1-years-in-the-past

there's a lot there. i can do a lot. 8 years experience including work for ava's demon and homestuck, natch.

this thing from my ost for HALT is probably tonally consistent with this game: https://soundcloud.com/spellmynamewithabang/chocolate-halt/s-3SfVi

that isn't what i'd make for this, though. i'd wanna make the music FOR you, rather than just have it be done already.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 08:35:25 AM by rj™ » Logged

Hitrison
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: August 21, 2016, 08:33:31 AM »

Cool!  I was reading this thread a few days ago and was digging the art!  Here's a few links:

Scrapped Platformer Music // Music for a contest

I'd love to help out if possible.

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2016, 03:04:43 PM »

already shot you a message a few weeks back? take a looksee & i can send you more stuff if you want.

not a secret or anything, everyone check my music out duh https://spellmynamewithabang.bandcamp.com/album/stuckhome-syndrome-part-one-v1-years-in-the-past

there's a lot there. i can do a lot. 8 years experience including work for ava's demon and homestuck, natch.

this thing from my ost for HALT is probably tonally consistent with this game: https://soundcloud.com/spellmynamewithabang/chocolate-halt/s-3SfVi

that isn't what i'd make for this, though. i'd wanna make the music FOR you, rather than just have it be done already.

Yeah, I have some private messages on music that we will have into account!

And follow us on TWITTER
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »

c'cool.

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »

Cool!  I was reading this thread a few days ago and was digging the art!  Here's a few links:

Scrapped Platformer Music // Music for a contest

I'd love to help out if possible.

Nice! Checking them Wink

And follow us on TWITTER
jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2016, 12:09:35 PM »

Hey guys, would be interested in providing audio for this project. Check out my site and let me know if you're interested in discussing music or sound design ideas: www.jordanchinmusic.com

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic