Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:57:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMonster Prom [AVAILABLE!] <3
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Monster Prom [AVAILABLE!] <3  (Read 95269 times)
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2016, 09:18:16 AM »

it also hints that there's no gender limitation on your love interests.
I think this is a very important point to convey! There has been a lot of talking about LGBT themes lately, but few games offer the opportunity to play non-eterosexual characters. You could win the sympathy of many backers by empathizing this.

Anyway, I've looked at the page.
I liked the video, but the voiceover made me difficult to concentrate on the text. So many information! Characters presentation felt expecially chaotic - the on-screen text and the voiceover were saying different (yet interesting) things.
Overall, I'm sold on the setting + presentation, and I more of less understood how the game will be played. My only dubts regard the multiplayer aspect - and moreover, if the game will be fun even if I play it alone.
I think it's important to clarify this, because most VN/sim lovers are used to single-player. If they're getting the impression the game is only fun with friends, they might decide it's not worth the price.

No, no, we totally agree. We had it in mind and I totally forgot. So thanks a lot for the reminder!

And yeah, we went for a tricky video where you have lots of information to get. It's thought so most interested backers can jut stop it to read the stuff or see the not so visible stuff (the items, for instance).

We answered this before. On the KS we go heavy on the multiplayer thing because it's how the game is intended to be played with friends. On our pipeline we have to address the 1p experience making it a bit different in terms of flow so it smartly adapts to a solo experience.

Check the devlog for MONSTER PROM
And follow us on TWITTER
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2016, 12:24:20 PM »

Good luck with the Kickstarter! Smiley

From a marketing point of view, be sure to update your signature with the KS link. Wink

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2016, 12:40:31 PM »

Glad to see the campaign page being updated. Some gorgeous pictures on there.

To piggyback on one of LobsterSundew's point:

The €10 tier is simply a digital copy of Monster Prom. There isn't a clear other incentive to support the game now instead of waiting for it to eventually appear on Steam. Some people will need more incentive to support a project on Kickstarter than making the game a reality. Examples of incentives are being included in the credits, a discount of the retail price or becoming part of a community.

Definitely this. I come from a country with favorable Steam regional price so people have little incentive to crowdfund a game just for a copy when it releases - from a financial viewpoint they actually should wait til the release to buy. Some tacked-on bonus, even if superficial, will make backers feel like they get something in return. In lower tiers this usually means name in the credits, wallpapers (pc or mobile), ringtones and soundtracks in slightly more costly tiers.

The updated tier-lists feel much more natural and clearer now. I'd say the Item tier and Secret Ending tier still needs some better phrasing to emphasize that they'll be an important part of the game.

e.g.

DESIGN AN ITEM! - All rewards on "THE COLLABORATIVE NPC!" + help the design/art team to create an item! The item will be also tied to a series of special events. Items are an important part of the game experience and could feature in different events and endings. For you desgined item, we'll also create a series of special events!
DESIGN A SECRET ENDING! - All rewards on "THE COLLABORATIVE NPC!" + help the design/art team to create an additional secret ending on the game, which will be tied to a series of special events with a whole storyline and multiple events in between. It can be related to one NPC or more or none.

I think it's okay to promise a bit more here. After all these will be limited slots and final interpretation will be up to you guys. Evil

As for the multiplayer part, there still seems to be little information about how competitive/cooperative the game can be. If the "multiplayer date sim" tag is something you want to be known as, then you definitely need to focus a bit on that.

Also be sure to elaborate on stretch goals - if the project launches well (which I believe it would with some exposure), it'd be nice to see a well thought-out list.

On the orientation/non-binary thing:

I think the current paragraph here isn't really necessary and could feel a bit heavy-handed, especially when you consider just a few paragraphs before there's the "Monster Prom NEVER takes itself seriously" part.

If you decide to have a subchapter dedicated to this feature, it should be kept light-hearted and goofy. Something along the lines of:
NO CHARACTER LIMITATION / NO ONE'S OFF LIMITS
Don't worry if you want to romance a certain love interest as a certain character! Turns out, monsters don't really care about orientations. Who knows. They are probably not even the same species!
We'd hate to obstruct your great Casanova challenge by making additional rules, so there's no gender/sex/species/planetary/dimensional limitations in the game whatsoever. In fact it's less work that way. So we decide you can just romance anyone with anyone. There. Being lazy rules.

Personally, I'd say just put the pairing gifs at the "COMPETITIVE DATING SIM" part, and put a caption under it saying something like "Monsters don't have the concept of sexual orientations. This makes your failure range 100% wider."
Just my personal preference so take this with a pinch of salt.  Tongue

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2016, 10:06:26 PM »

Kickstarter has added support for time-limited early-bird reward tiers. It no longer needs to be done manually by the project creator. The new feature is called "Reward scheduling".

Below are more notes about the preview.

The updated project thumbnail is improved. The game hasn't been through the Steam Greenlight process yet, so where it says Steam in the top-right corner it could add text like "aiming for" or "on Greenlight" or some other equivalent clarification.

One of the first paragraphs is quoted below.
Monster Prom” is a game (Windows, Mac, Linux) meant to be played from 1 to 4 players (but
trust us: the more, the merrier!) that mixes “choose-your-own-adventure” stuff with dating sims’
mechanics.
"
If you used "(Windows, Mac and Linux)" instead of "(Windows, Mac, Linux)" it may result in a better visual alignment for the "more the merrier" part. This is more of a small nitpick. I find it more visually pleasing for text in brackets to stay on the same line.

There is only one mention for INDIE G ZINE. That is in the €20 tier's text. A link somewhere to the INDIE G Zine project or official site could be put somewhere like the FAQ.

The "You will have a limited number of turns" paragraph could be divided into 2 paragraphs to be easier to skim. It is currently a single big block of text.

The " There are only 3 weeks" line below the Steam Greenlight banner has an extra spacebar press at the front of it. There is also an extra spacebar press in front of " The game will have a good amount of endings depending on your choices.

The animated GIF above the "Modern Love" section could have an increased delay between frame transitions. Maybe it could be set to 1,000 milliseconds per frame. This would allow the character dialogue to be readable.

I didn't find any spelling errors that stood out. The grammar is generally fine. There are whole paragraphs on the main body of the project page where I see no need for edits. Some are very well done/ Some parts do feel just slightly off. The word "that" may be appearing more frequently than I'm used to. The reward tier text is where to prioritize proofreading because you won't be able to make changes to a reward tier after it is occupied by a backer.

If pressed for time, there is the option to remove all those reward graphics temporarily until they can be updated and then add them back to the project page after launching.

For the team section, what some campaigns do is take the team member's faces and put them in a row or a grid to be compact. For the 4 main team members there could be a row made up of 4 headshot photos. You would then make a note like "appearing from left to right" and have the photos in the order team members are mentioned.

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: October 25, 2016, 06:32:07 AM »

KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!

And follow us on TWITTER
fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 25, 2016, 07:35:38 AM »

Here's to a successful campaign! Beer!

Again, please consider adding localization as part of the stretch goal. Smiley

Other stuffs that might be included in the stretch goals or just general utility:

1. Gallery etc. would probably be in the game even without suggestions. One thing you can consider is a Photo-op mode where players can pick all the resources (background, character pose, item etc.) and make a scene to their liking, probably for wallpaper use.
2. Seduce player characters / Secret ending that pair player characters together or love interests together. (I mean there are bound to be shippings anyway...)
3. AI controlled player characters to emulate multiplayer mode, or just add some extra events that can make your playthrough more different each time.
4. Some people would probably kill for a custom player/self-insert mode....although it's probably too costly to make full customizeable clothing and bodysize for all the events, blank silhouettes (with player photo sticked to the head) or even a "Draw A Stickman" style approach could potentially work.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:28:31 AM by fall_ark » Logged

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2016, 12:18:14 PM »

Good luck with the Kickstarter! Smiley

From a marketing point of view, be sure to update your signature with the KS link. Wink

Thanks!

And done Wink

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: October 25, 2016, 12:24:56 PM »

Here are more notes.

About the project page:

I see more images have been added since this morning.

With the "Absurd items" GIF I looked at it with GIMP. I was able to reduce the filesize from 2.4 MB down to 1.7 MB by going "Filters", then "Animation", then "Optimize (for GIF)" and then overwriting. It uses transparencies so only the information of changes in a new frame need to be done. If there is barely any movement in a GIF there is significant savings.

Some of the animated GIFs have large pixel dimensions. For animated GIFs you can get a similar impact with reduced filesize and less vertical space consumed. The whitespace barely adds to the filesize if done right due to the optimizations.
Step 1: scale a GIF down.
Step 2: add whitespace to the left and right sides to fit the project page body's width and to center it.
Step 3: use optimizing for animated GIF features in programs like GIMP.

The "Man seeking woman" TV show should have capitalizations for "seeking" and "woman".

The stretch goals chart is fine for now. A tip is to use the performance of the campaign's first day to decide how high to plan the stretch goal chart's levels. It can look bad when a campaign sitting at $38 total has a $2,000,000 stretch goal.

In the team section the "Beautiful Glitch" animated GIF is 282 pixels tall. There is lots of whitespace above and below the logo that may be a stylistic choice. Some of that whitespace could be cropped to reduce the height of that GIF if you needed to recover some page height. Sometimes a problem is a project page becomes very tall and requires lots more scrolling.

The "But our real HQ are the internetz" is a good line. This note is to double-check that you did intend to use "are" instead of "is".

Expect to eventually be asked on Kickstarter about your stance on DRM. It is an important point for some backers. Many projects later use Humble Store's service to distribute both Steam keys and DRM-free builds.

More page weight means longer load times on slow Internet connections or mobile devices. I see a page weight of 10.2 MB without including the pitch video. That isn't too bad. I've seen pages go over 40 MB.

You could clarify there will be a backers-only sub-forum. That would be much clearer to understand.

The project's reward tier text is difficult to change after launching. Once occupied you can't edit a tier's text. The text should be double-checked for spelling, grammar, clarity, etc. by multiple people if possible. This is one of my main concerns. Try to get feedback from native English speakers about the flow of the text.

Some text is using "lvl3", while other parts are using "level 3". In the €100 tier I don't know if "level 3 gets to participate on outfits" should have "level" capitalized at the front.

In the €100 tier is says "and AT LEAST ONE CAMEO CHARACTER EXCLUSIVELY CREATED FOR THIS PURPOSE". If this is the community creating one cameo character together that could be clearer. There is the possibility someone mistakes the €100 tier as getting their own character as a cameo character.

About the project thumbnail:

The current version has Liam and Polly's heads covered by the pitch video play button. I've seen a banner image using the same art assets with the logo between the characters. This means it may be possible to slide Liam slightly to the left and Polly slightly to the right so their faces are still visible. The Monster Prom logo is just above the Play button and not covered which is good.

Project thumbnail images can be re-uploaded after launching, so it isn't as high a priority as getting the project page's main body finished.

About the project title:

The title is currently "Monster Prom [a crazy twist on dating sims!]".

You have the ability to influence the long URL for the project using the title. The first 50 characters becomes part of the long URL. Spaces and irregular characters become hyphens. Punctuations get ignored. Relaunched projects can get a "-0" or "-1" added to the end of their URL (likely so it doesn't result in a duplicate URL if the project title was kept the same for the reboot).

It is possible to launch with a shorter title to result in an easier URL. "Monster Prom" would become "monster-prom". Immediately after launching the title can be changed to its longer form and keep the less simpler URL.

About press:

The press kit now has a studio page and a Monster Prom page. Good.

Co-Optimus is an video game news website for co-op games.

Part of the main pitch for the game is the 1st "local multiplayer" + "dating sim". In 2013 a MUGEN-based multiplayer dating sim that didn't seem to come to anything. There is a tabletop multiplayer dating game in an ero community. There was a joke on a Bioware forum about one of the games becoming a massively multiplayer dating sim. There were comments about YAWHG being a multiplayer dating sim. It looks like Monster Prom is first. There were devs who said they were the first to do something only to learn after launching on Kickstarter that the idea had been done long before.

The Yawhg was stated as an inspiration in the press kit (but not on the project page yet). I had never heard of the game before. The Steam page went up May 2013. SteamSpy currently shows 79,682 ± 7,324 activations.

The "millionaire tiger" is a good Steven Universe reference.

It is good to see more and more team member names hyperlinked to their social media profiles.

About within Kickstarter:

There is a wave of low-effort projects launching. Project creators start to realize they need to rush to launch before the platform gets worse in November and December.

CIBOS has a very interesting soundtrack to its pitch video and some good animations. It was one of the few projects to launch recently worth noting. It is also a 4 player local multiplayer game.

I was surprised Voyage of Fortune's Star saw so little activity near the end of its campaign.

Code: HARDCORE has 35 hours remaining. At The Cage has 30 hours. Clans of the End has 33 hours. Many of the high-quality projects for October 2016 have already ended by now. Competition is declining.

In the top 20, the last row is currently Queer Quest (with a score of 17.5), Socks the Cat (12.2), NAIRI (9.1) and Dragon Bros (7.6). If Monster Prom could get more than 10 backers during its launch it could grab a spot in the top 20. That is significantly less difficult competition compared to earlier this month. It would've needed over 40 backers at launch to break into the top 20.

About outside Kickstarter:

Nintendo revealed its Nintendo Switch. AMD showed off "checkboard rendering" for up-scaling PS4 Pro gameplay. Civilization VI released. Battlefield 1 is out. AAA gaming is getting lots of attention. A Sonic fan game had a great trailer.

Titanfall 2 is on October 28th. I wonder how much of a splash the Skyrim update on the same day will make.

I've done tons of changes based on your recommendations, Ian! Always a pleasure to count on your useful feedback and insight! (:

And follow us on TWITTER
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: October 25, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »

And done Wink
Not quite. Wink  I can see that the link is there but if I see your signature, I wouldn't actually know that there is a KS campaign.  Either adding a text link by itself or the "Now on KS / Support us." image below or even on the main signature image would let people know that there's a KS campaign.

LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2016, 03:46:52 PM »

It is not yet 5pm PDT. There is still many hours in the first day. 78 backers have pledged €1,514 (18.92% of €8,000). Hopefully the campaign reaches €2,400 soon to hit 30%.

About campaign performance:

The average is currently €19.41 per backer. It would take 400 backers to reach €8,000 at €20 per backer.

Kicktraq can be wildly over-optimistic early in a campaign. There is a "+suggest" button to suggest tags like Linux. It takes time for tags to get reviewed, so don't worry if tags don't immediately appear after being submitted.

BackerTracker has also generated a page for the campaign.

Sidekick shows a 3% success probability. It can sometimes be pessimistic.

There are 10 out of the 50 spots left at the €8 early-bird tier. The €10 tier already has 12 backers despite the €8 early-bird not being gone yet. Monster Prom gets to try out the new "scheduled reward tiers" feature. Time-limted early-bird reward tiers no longer need to be done manually.

Monster Prom is currently 5th in the popularity rankings. It was 6th earlier. This is good.

Kickstarter wasn't displaying the amount raised in the project discovery area earlier today. I thought was a bizarre decision. It was just showing the percentage funded and days left. Around 4pm PDT some changes to the discovery area were implemented.
http://i.imgur.com/7CIjHAH.png
I can now see other frequent backers and developers I know's avatar circles under specific projects that they've backed.

10 backers at launch was enough needed to penetrate the top 20.

Code 7 is ending soon. It had a sudden burst in activity on October 23rd.

The Indie G Zine project hasn't had a project update since October 14th. There is the opportunity to notify backers there about Monster Prom's launch.

Titanfall 2 is at full speed with its marketing campaign. It releases on Friday.

On October 29th Kickstarter is hosting a gathering in Brooklyn where people can try kickstarted tabletop games and video games.

The 17 comments on Steam Greenlight have been very positive.

There has been Twitter activity.

On YouTube the Monster Prom trailer has 15 views.

Posts were made to /r/kickstarter and /r/gaming, both buried. The /r/gamedev post, about the risks of being a short game, from 29 days ago has 99 comments.

Keep trying to contact press while the campaign is new news. Once it becomes older news in a few days it becomes harder to get covered.

Kotaku would be a priority for contacting. The Mary Sue covers comics and other aspects of geek culture. It has had Kickstarter-related articles in the past. The /r/gaymers subreddit has 48,000+ subs and various crowdfunding dating sim posts in the past. Jim Sterling's last video for a Steam Greenlight trailer review was 3 days ago and he may be looking for a Halloween-related game that isn't a slapped together horror game in Unity3D.

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 25, 2016, 06:40:02 PM »

Posts were made to /r/kickstarter and /r/gaming, both buried. The /r/gamedev post, about the risks of being a short game, from 29 days ago has 99 comments.

I'd suggest using smaller subs like r/indiegaming to gain traction. Keep it simple with just a gif album would be the way to go - if people are interested, they will check it out themselves.

Otherwise, submitting an album directly to Imgur could be worth it. Again, just plastering it with gifs and generally be confident and upfront about it. It could easily get buried but that's just the reality of how internet works.

Not having a demo means LPers and reviewers won't have much to gain to cover the game. But that ship has already sailed so unless you can cobble something together in a week or two it's probably not worth it anymore.

On my side my post about Monster Prom on Weibo (Chinese equivalent of Twitter) has been retweeted 400+ times and still rising (no link cause it requires registration anyway, but here's a screenshot. Darkness has been very popular). So if there was indeed an increase of interest from Chinese gamers(mostly on Greenlight, as I mentioned there are very little financial incentive for them to back it on Kickstarter),  you know what I'm going to say.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:08:56 PM by fall_ark » Logged

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 25, 2016, 10:05:02 PM »

The new widescreen gifs are a lot better. Good luck!

P.S.: Put the word "KICKSTARTER" in your signature and "NOW ON KICKSTARTER" or "KICKSTARTER LIVE" in the thread title.
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: October 26, 2016, 05:54:02 PM »

And done Wink
Not quite. Wink  I can see that the link is there but if I see your signature, I wouldn't actually know that there is a KS campaign.  Either adding a text link by itself or the "Now on KS / Support us." image below or even on the main signature image would let people know that there's a KS campaign.

Daaaamn! You're right. I will do this soon >__>

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: October 26, 2016, 06:26:13 PM »

I'd suggest using smaller subs like r/indiegaming to gain traction. Keep it simple with just a gif album would be the way to go - if people are interested, they will check it out themselves.

Otherwise, submitting an album directly to Imgur could be worth it. Again, just plastering it with gifs and generally be confident and upfront about it. It could easily get buried but that's just the reality of how internet works.

Not having a demo means LPers and reviewers won't have much to gain to cover the game. But that ship has already sailed so unless you can cobble something together in a week or two it's probably not worth it anymore.

On my side my post about Monster Prom on Weibo (Chinese equivalent of Twitter) has been retweeted 400+ times and still rising (no link cause it requires registration anyway, but here's a screenshot. Darkness has been very popular). So if there was indeed an increase of interest from Chinese gamers(mostly on Greenlight, as I mentioned there are very little financial incentive for them to back it on Kickstarter),  you know what I'm going to say.  Grin

OK, let see...

We will have a demo... maybe early next week! :x

I'm a bit sloppy with Reddit =__=

The post on Weibo seemed to do pretty awesome, right?
Can you post again once we hit a milestone (like main goal) or release a demo?
I received the Indienova email. I answered it but I still have no answer from them/you. I might be interested. I have to admit the positive impact both in Greenlight and Kickstarter from the post on Weibo. Now I'm, at least, intrigued. So please answer my email and keep the discussion about this! :O

Oh, and can you screenshot and show me how is the post on Weibo doin' it? Thanks!

And follow us on TWITTER
fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 26, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »

OK, let see...

I received the Indienova email. I answered it but I still have no answer from them/you. I might be interested. I have to admit the positive impact both in Greenlight and Kickstarter from the post on Weibo. Now I'm, at least, intrigued. So please answer my email and keep the discussion about this! :O

Oh, and can you screenshot and show me how is the post on Weibo doin' it? Thanks!

I'll ask them to loop me in and discuss with you guys in the mails - no need to crowd up the thread. (But maybe in the future when everything does work out and you can do a post-mortem!)

As for the weibo post. I do some LP/Streaming and have some following. I've been sharing a few projects I'm interested in now and then, but mostly your project got a bit viral because of the characters and the art. The post now has 1k+ retweets (but as you might have imagined, that number translates poorly into actual interest on Greenlight and even moreso on Kickstarter). I basically cropped and reedited a few images together to fit the Weibo platform (link to the three pics: one, two, three) and added some light translation. The post gains initial traction because I have some following, but the rest is all yours.

I've translated some feedback from the comment section:

So the main takeaways are:
1. The most engaged crowd seem to be female.
2. Just keep doing what you're doing with the art.
3. If you've put a character in a date-sim game, there will be people wanting to romance them. Even if there aren't full-blown storylines, it's probably a good idea to do something to make everyone happy.

LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2016, 10:22:25 PM »

142 backers are currently pledging €3,350 (41.88%).

Monster Prom was 6th for most of the day in the rankings. It has now jumped to 4th. This is very good.

Kickstarted-in-the-Butt is a bizarre adventure game that has jumped to the top spot. I was surprised LOST EMBER was bumped to second place. AI War II is in 3rd.

NAIRI did a shout-out in a project update for Monster Prom.

Rogue Raiders Online is a PlayStation Vita game that is also a project from Spain. It will be interesting if the Vita's community will be enough backers. The video games category on Kickstarter is dominated by players on PC.

Something I find interesting is a wave of projects launching are repeat attempts. These are projects that have failed 1, 2 or 3 times on Kickstarter before. Many of them are of very low quality.

Cliqist had an article. Mentions for Monster Prom appeared on the Fuwanovel and Lemma Soft Forums. Tumblr activity increased.

Monster Prom's Steam Greenlight page now has 37 comments. The YouTube trailer is at 38 views.

There was a mention on 4chan. The art was praised. The funding goal was described as sensible. A person said they cringed a couple times reading the page.

There was a /r/visualnovel thread with 19 comments. Imgur album links can do better than directly linking to the Kickstarter URL. Anime Feed's post for October 26 mentioned Monster Prom after the /r/visualnovel thread.

Video website Vessel is shutting down after October 31st. Bethesda revised its press copies policy creating uproar because it will only give reviews 1 day before public release. More trailers for various games from AAA to tiny indie games. More VR headsets announced. Turtle Rock Studios has announced the end of development for Evolve. World of Warcraft had a big patch. Copies of Titanfall 2 are out in the wild at retailers. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is starting to push its marketing harder for its upcoming November 4th release. AAA video gaming news has lots of material to work with right now.

About Monster Prom's campaign performance:

Here are graphs:
http://i.imgur.com/2Ctrc5Z.png

The 50 spots at the €8 early-bird tier was filled on its first day.

There are 11 unallocated backers that haven't picked a reward tier. They are 7.91% of the current total number of backers. €1,555 is unallocated funds. That is 47.00% of the current amount raised. Those amounts are relative high, but it is also still very early in the campaign.

The current average is €23.81 per backer.

The €75 tier is the highest priced reward tier that has a backer occupying it.

18 backers were new accounts that had not backed a project before.

The campaign has surpassed the 30%-before-halfway statistical tipping point. Sidekick shows a 24% success probability.

Kicktraq is showing a trend to €34,617 (432%). Expect that to be significantly over-optimistic. BackerTracker shows €14,585 (182.3%).

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 27, 2016, 01:00:01 PM »

Impressed by all the chinese comments on greenlight. Seems like chinese translation is good for any devs releasing a game on steam.

Good luck on the kickstarter.

(You should write "kickstarter" on your banner to incite people to click on it)
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: October 28, 2016, 01:39:42 PM »

OK, let see...

I'll ask them to loop me in and discuss with you guys in the mails - no need to crowd up the thread. (But maybe in the future when everything does work out and you can do a post-mortem!)

As for the weibo post. I do some LP/Streaming and have some following. I've been sharing a few projects I'm interested in now and then, but mostly your project got a bit viral because of the characters and the art. The post now has 1k+ retweets (but as you might have imagined, that number translates poorly into actual interest on Greenlight and even moreso on Kickstarter). I basically cropped and reedited a few images together to fit the Weibo platform (link to the three pics: one, two, three) and added some light translation. The post gains initial traction because I have some following, but the rest is all yours.

I've translated some feedback from the comment section:

So the main takeaways are:
1. The most engaged crowd seem to be female.
2. Just keep doing what you're doing with the art.
3. If you've put a character in a date-sim game, there will be people wanting to romance them. Even if there aren't full-blown storylines, it's probably a good idea to do something to make everyone happy.

All that is just crazy and wonderful!
Took note and already contacted you. So it seems that maybe we're getting a Chinese demo! Life's strange!

And follow us on TWITTER
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 28, 2016, 01:52:47 PM »

Impressed by all the chinese comments on greenlight.
It's the Power of Yaoi.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 28, 2016, 10:24:12 PM »

189 backers are currently pledging €4,783 (59.79%).

Monster Prom is currently ranked 6th. It was 4th for Thursday.

Slaps And Beans and Hellhunter are interesting projects that launched.

There continues to be a big wave of low-quality projects lacking pitch videos, lacking graphics on the main bodies of their project pages or projects trying to fund over-ambitious giant MMORPGs.

Fanart continues to appear on Tumblr. There were articles on Siliconera, Hardcore Gamer and Geeky Juegos. There was a tweet towards Jim Sterling.

Monster Prom's Steam Greenlight page now has 54 comments. The YouTube trailer is at 108 views.

Halloween 2016 is on a Monday. Messages sent to bloggers on Saturday and Sunday might not get processed until Monday morning. After Monday October 31st the Halloween hook won't be as important because Halloween will be over.

Titanfall 2 is out with good reviews. Final Fantasy 15 released another trailer. Not only is Vessel's video service shutting down, but now Vine is shutting down too. Owlboy is a potential indie game darling that is coming out early November.

About Monster Prom's campaign performance:

The campaign is about to endure its first weekend.

Here are updated graphs:
http://i.imgur.com/24QgoHU.png

The current average is €25.43 per backer.

Kicktraq is showing a trend to €29,593 (369%). Expect that to be significantly overoptimistic because the mid-campaign trough period hasn't begun yet. BackerTracker shows €15,124 (189%). SideKick shows a 30% success probability.

€3,217 to go until €8,000 is reached. That could be 129 additional backers needed at an average of €25 per backer. Monster Prom could surpass 100% within 4 to 7 days from now. It could take less time if Monster Prom was able to get coverage from a large site like Kotaku.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic