Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:38:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMonster Prom [AVAILABLE!] <3
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Print
Author Topic: Monster Prom [AVAILABLE!] <3  (Read 94812 times)
Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 30, 2016, 01:30:06 PM »

You just got featured on Rock Paper Shotgun.  Grin
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: October 30, 2016, 09:02:43 PM »

The new widescreen gifs are a lot better. Good luck!

P.S.: Put the word "KICKSTARTER" in your signature and "NOW ON KICKSTARTER" or "KICKSTARTER LIVE" in the thread title.

I know I have to x_x
I might do this soon. Loads of work right now! D:

Check the devlog for MONSTER PROM
And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: October 30, 2016, 09:06:04 PM »

Impressed by all the chinese comments on greenlight. Seems like chinese translation is good for any devs releasing a game on steam.

Good luck on the kickstarter.

(You should write "kickstarter" on your banner to incite people to click on it)

Yeah, I'm impressed by the crazy amount of Chinese support we're getting. Pretty rad, really.

So now we're preparing... a Chinese demo! Because you must adapt to every situation, right?

And we must thank fall_ark, who's helping us in all this! (:

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: October 30, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »

i think that the stereotypical aspect was enhanced by the fact that right under there's the green one doing kung-fu stance while having slit eyes.  Now that you say that green might be a dragon....

xDDD

I see someone dancing to some kind of Techno music, like in a rave. And other person told me he was dancing like an Egyptian. Anyway, he's not Asian.

Funny fact: even if I should discuss this with the artist, I totally see him now as Asian ._.

And follow us on TWITTER
LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 30, 2016, 10:57:26 PM »

275 backers are pledging €6,580. €1,420 to go until the minimum funding goal.

About within Kickstarter:

Monster Prom continues to do well by holding the 5th spot in the popularity rankings.

The video games category simply came to a stop for new projects launching. That's interesting. A stealthy bouncy cat platforming game called PURRKINS was the only one to launch on Saturday. Nothing launched for Sunday.

Slaps And Beans suddenly went from 17 backers to 801 backers. It is now over 1,500 backers. I had never heard about Italian actor Bud Spencer before it launched. Apparently he is very well known in Europe which is helping to drive the campaign's performance.

Cattle And Crops, Project Automata and I.C.U. end on October 31st. A currently unfolding story for I.C.U. is a claim was made by someone wanting co-creator status for that game. Dungeon of Zaar and Iron Tides both end on November 1st. NAIRI ends on November 2nd. Butt Sniffin Pugs ends on November 3rd.

A CRPG called Back From Hell and a gaming peripheral called GameSlate are campaigns scheduled to launch November 1st according to press releases. Another November 1st launch is supposed to be a JRPG called Legrand Legacy according to a Thunderclap campaign. I didn't find any other campaigns launching within the near future. The amount of tabletop projects launching in the first week of November is cluttering the search results.

About outside Kickstarter:

Call of Duty: Infite Warfare has people upset by its microtransatctions. Undertale had a toy commercial. Owlboy is getting good reviews.

A user over on /r/otomegames posted a Monster Prom thread after seeing the Siliconera article. A thread with no comments and downvoted out of view was posted by a user on /r/Games. English Otome Games, Hairy Food on DeviantArt and a Blospot blog called Internet Ninja also mentioned the project.

The big news, as mentioned by Pixelologist, is the Rock Paper Shotgun article. More coverage like that is what to aim for. You'll see the results of that Rock Paper Shotgun coverage in the next section of this post.

About Monster Prom's campaign performance:

Here are updated graphs:
http://i.imgur.com/pQYjRTH.png

Look at that Polly-Geist-blue bar for the €10 tier on October 30th. That is a good-sized jump.

The €10 tier (and potentially the €30 tier) is being picked more frequently than it previously was.

The drop in the number of backers from the €20 tier to the €30 tier is something to monitor in case it gets worse. I just noticed an "S" is missing from "Beta Acces".

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 31, 2016, 03:56:25 AM »

Looking great so far. Your last campaign update is already 5 days old. You should write a post, even if it's a short one and only includes "thank you" and some links to the articles.
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: October 31, 2016, 03:54:38 PM »

Looking great so far. Your last campaign update is already 5 days old. You should write a post, even if it's a short one and only includes "thank you" and some links to the articles.

Absolutely agree! A new update was actually planed for today! (:

And follow us on TWITTER
high-priest.clppr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »

Great job on the campaign! Not sure the gameplay is my cup of tea but following/backing to see how it turns out
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: November 02, 2016, 09:11:08 AM »

Great job on the campaign! Not sure the gameplay is my cup of tea but following/backing to see how it turns out

I saw your pledge! Thanks a lot (:

And follow us on TWITTER
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 02, 2016, 12:22:23 PM »

with 22 days to go, now it seems like you've asked for a really humble amount ^^
maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: November 02, 2016, 12:49:36 PM »

whoa, so much development for this game, and now even a KS, which fortunately has almost reached the goal!
I wish I could contribute with the campaign, but I'm poor lol, so I'll support you guys from twitter :D

LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 02, 2016, 10:32:36 PM »

At 11:03pm PDT there are 357 backers with a total of €8,053 pledged. The campaign has surpassed its €8,000 minimum funding goal. Congratulations.

Kickstarter changed the "Discover" area to "Explore" on November 1st. There are multiple filters, including a new "Nearly funded" filter and a "Recommended for you" filter.

Monster Prom was dropped to 10th on Tuesday due to strong new launches. On Wednesday it dropped to 11th. Agony, Back From Hell and Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King are some of the interesting ones. There is a wave of low-quality projects launching that will avoid running during late December. Then there are the many low-quality projects launching now, but have deadlines around Christmas anyways due to long durations.

NAIRI's campaign ended early in the morning.
http://i.imgur.com/cadhP7G.png

Queer Quest has a surprising lack of activity on its final day.
http://i.imgur.com/5qrzMFf.png

There was a press release for Monster Prom reposted around by bots. There were mentions from Good News Gaming, GamersGlobal.de, English Boys Love Games, Gamefice and Anjim Plays. The Angry Joe Show's forums had a "This week in gaming" thread include Monster Prom in the list. A best-of-Steam-Greenlight video on Youtube mentioned the game. A buried post was on /r/IndieGaming.

Nintendo is apparently producing its last batch of Wii U units. More Nintendo Switch speculation continues. Owlboy released after many years in development. Back in 2008 Owlboy was announced as in development for Xbox Live Arcade. More trailers were released.

Timing is important for AAA releases as well as Kickstarter launches. Titanfall 2's release was sandwiched between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Players are rallying to try and stop the plummeting of Titanfall 2 player population for PC matchmaking.

Here are updated graphs:
http://i.imgur.com/VBbhmla.png

The anchor tier's shape is helpful to see the momentum of a campaign over its run. The €10 tier had a nice increase in momentum after the Rock Paper Shotgun article. November 2nd also did better than the previous day as the campaign was inching close to 100% funded.

Kicktraq shows a trend to €24,964 (312%). BackerTracker currently shows €15,565 (194.6%).

There are 21 days remaining in Monster Prom's campaign.

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 02, 2016, 10:50:59 PM »

Congratulations!  Grin
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: November 03, 2016, 09:21:59 AM »

Congrats!

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: November 03, 2016, 02:30:46 PM »

with 22 days to go, now it seems like you've asked for a really humble amount ^^

It seems so! Tongue
I'm always a bit skeptical when it comes to Kickstarter and the calculations regarding my current audience and the one I can gather with my new projects.

So I usually go for the "Kickstarter money + my own savings = project funding" formula. Let's hope I can raise more to decrease the amount of the "my own savings" part. I usually fail at this because the more money I get, the better product I want to build, even if it means burning my savings Tongue

Thanks for the support, Bakkusa!

What's your final take on the new art? I still recall that you were fonder of the previous art style!

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: November 03, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »

whoa, so much development for this game, and now even a KS, which fortunately has almost reached the goal!
I wish I could contribute with the campaign, but I'm poor lol, so I'll support you guys from twitter :D

Thanks a lot for the kind words!
Being poor is not cool!

But yeah, sure, support on Twitter is great. Also... you're an artist, right? We're pretty fond of fanart! Tongue

And follow us on TWITTER
BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: November 03, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »

At 11:03pm PDT there are 357 backers with a total of €8,053 pledged. The campaign has surpassed its €8,000 minimum funding goal. Congratulations.

Kickstarter changed the "Discover" area to "Explore" on November 1st. There are multiple filters, including a new "Nearly funded" filter and a "Recommended for you" filter.

Monster Prom was dropped to 10th on Tuesday due to strong new launches. On Wednesday it dropped to 11th. Agony, Back From Hell and Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King are some of the interesting ones. There is a wave of low-quality projects launching that will avoid running during late December. Then there are the many low-quality projects launching now, but have deadlines around Christmas anyways due to long durations.

NAIRI's campaign ended early in the morning.
http://i.imgur.com/cadhP7G.png

Queer Quest has a surprising lack of activity on its final day.
http://i.imgur.com/5qrzMFf.png

There was a press release for Monster Prom reposted around by bots. There were mentions from Good News Gaming, GamersGlobal.de, English Boys Love Games, Gamefice and Anjim Plays. The Angry Joe Show's forums had a "This week in gaming" thread include Monster Prom in the list. A best-of-Steam-Greenlight video on Youtube mentioned the game. A buried post was on /r/IndieGaming.

Nintendo is apparently producing its last batch of Wii U units. More Nintendo Switch speculation continues. Owlboy released after many years in development. Back in 2008 Owlboy was announced as in development for Xbox Live Arcade. More trailers were released.

Timing is important for AAA releases as well as Kickstarter launches. Titanfall 2's release was sandwiched between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Players are rallying to try and stop the plummeting of Titanfall 2 player population for PC matchmaking.

Here are updated graphs:
http://i.imgur.com/VBbhmla.png

The anchor tier's shape is helpful to see the momentum of a campaign over its run. The €10 tier had a nice increase in momentum after the Rock Paper Shotgun article. November 2nd also did better than the previous day as the campaign was inching close to 100% funded.

Kicktraq shows a trend to €24,964 (312%). BackerTracker currently shows €15,565 (194.6%).

There are 21 days remaining in Monster Prom's campaign.

Thanks a lot, Ian! You're super helpful, as always! It's a pleasure to have you helping us with the campaign data! (:

And follow us on TWITTER
jandu
Level 0

JanduSoft - VideoGames Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2016, 06:17:11 AM »

congrats for your kickstarter!

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: November 05, 2016, 02:15:51 PM »

Congratulations!  Grin

Congrats!

Thanks a lot for the support, guys! (((:
Now we're facing towards the TERRIBLE WEEKS! Expect little to no progress -_-
We just hope we can make a good jump on the last days. Reaching 12k would be sweet as hell.

And follow us on TWITTER
LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 05, 2016, 11:10:20 PM »

416 backers are currently pledging €8,868.

Big changes to Kickstarter itself continue to happen in November. Butt Sniffin Pugs used the brand new Kickstarter Live livestreaming feature for project creators.

Slaps And Beans continues to hold onto 1st. Survival horror game Agony is doing well in 2nd. A poorly executed remake of the Amiga classic Super Samurai is 3rd. LOST EMBER is 4th with 8 days remaining. Shattered is 5th. Kickstarted In The Butt is 6th. A Myst-like game called Odyssey is 7th. A dating sim called Grand Old Academy is 8th.

Monster Prom is currently 9th.

There are 154 live campaigns in the video games category. The projects in the 12th to 28th are of a very wide spectrum of quality. Kickstarter is feeling kind of slow. November didn't have many good quality launches compared to recent months. The latest wave of campaigns are mostly very low in quality. Some projects have decent games, but some of the most terrible execution in recent memory.

AI War II will be an interesting campaign to watch. I remember the original game. It has 4 days left to raise $209,649 more to reach its $299,400 goal. It has already raised $89,751 from 2,347 backers. It is probably not going to reach its goal, but what I'm interested in is how much of a fight its backers are putting up.

There was a second mention by Otome Sweetheart. Another mention was by Spooky Squid. The video by Lost Pause now has over 74,000 views on YouTube. Not much else to note recently.

Video gaming news sites are currently very busy covering Overwatch news. Blizzard Entertainment released another Overwatch short film for its new playable character. There was the first Overwatch World Cup. There were also reviews of the Nintendo's NES Classic Edition.

Knights And Bikes released a trailer. It was kickstarted back in February and is now being published by Double Fine.

Americans are also getting ready for their election day.

Now we're facing towards the TERRIBLE WEEKS! Expect little to no progress -_-
We just hope we can make a good jump on the last days. Reaching 12k would be sweet as hell.

Strong Kickstarter campaigns often have a strong start, then a slow mid-campaign period and then another surge in activity at the end. It produces a recognizable curve (or hump) because of smaller y-axis gains for the slow days in the middle.
http://i.imgur.com/NaUw1lt.png
http://i.imgur.com/gRCc46R.png
http://i.imgur.com/Y1OugrN.png
http://i.imgur.com/jwb4t5R.png
http://i.imgur.com/cq49RjJ.png

Here are updated graphs for Monster Prom:
http://i.imgur.com/iW7UqgV.png

When you look at the shape of Monster Prom's €10 tier from October 25th to November 5th, imagine it is showing the first portion of that curve. It would be abnormal for Monster Prom not to experience the dreaded Kickstarter trough. Large pieces of press coverage could possible cause brief disruptions with bursts of fresh backers.

What is important is to keep building up towards the final portion of the campaign. Try to accumulate more backers until then. Try to get press. Expect to lose momentum in the middle, but plan to rebuild momentum near the end. The first 48 hours and the last 48 hours are when most of the funding can be raised for many campaigns. That would be when Monster Prom would have its best hope of smashing stretch goals.

Kicktraq shows a trend to €21,147 (264%), but Kicktraq continues to be optimistic. BackerTracker currently shows a trend to €14,787 (184.8%). Monster Prom is currently at 110.85% funded, so the trough period should be much less stressful than if it was sitting below 100%.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic