Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 08:01:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsimaginary games from imaginary universes: a gamejam
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: imaginary games from imaginary universes: a gamejam  (Read 3698 times)
jbd41
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »

Hello there! I'm normally just a lurker here (mainly reading DevLogs) but I happen to be running something that I think would be of interest to everyone here: a gamejam for interactive fiction.

---

Phase 1: Write a set of reviews for five games that do not and possibly cannot exist in our universe. Send the list to my email by December 13th, midnight EST.

Phase 2: You will receive a randomized list of five imaginary games created by other participants in the jam. You are to pick one (or more) and make

a sequel
a prequel
a fan fiction
a critical response game
a sidequel
a remake
a demake
an artifact of some genre category never before seen by humans
or if you are feeling bold and it is even practical, duplicate the game as described.

Send a link to your creation to my email by February 7th, midnight EST.

Phase 3: Games / works / strange shining artifacts will be shared to the authors (not yet to the public) at which point the next phase will begin. In lieu of scores and ranking, you will be given a list of 3 other works to either review or make some other sort of response to. This response can be textual, audiovisual, a card game which reveals your criticisms through play, directions for interpretive dance, whatever you like. You are welcome to respond to more than 3.

On February 24th, all works will be uploaded to if-archive for public enjoyment.

Phase 4: All responses (to the largest extent possible), along with excerpts from the original works chosen by the authors, will be compiled in a physical book. (To be published off Lulu.com, unless there is some better choice decided before then.)

Note there are no "rankings" or "winners" the way this is run, if any of you are bothered by competitions.

More details (and a link to my email) are at the main page.

https://bluerenga.wordpress.com/2015/11/21/imaginarygames/

Please ask if you have any questions!
jbd41
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 09:23:47 PM »

Just a quick reminder that the deadline of the 13th at midnight EST is fast approaching.

Also, if you're having trouble writing reviews, I have written a brief guide:

Tips on writing imaginary game reviews
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic