Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 08:02:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGebub's Adventure [Released on Steam!]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Gebub's Adventure [Released on Steam!]  (Read 17066 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2016, 11:49:59 PM »

I feel like modern computer graphics have been pursuing the wrong kind of realism. I want to see a game that looks like those doodles!

(the pixel versions look great too though)
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2016, 08:13:45 AM »

@eidobunny
Thanks!

@JobLeonard
Glad you like the doodles, more are coming!

I've decided to make a drawing per day(with markers) for the last 7 days of the Kickstarter! There's one week left today, so here is the first drawing:

kicking it off with a simple & abstract one, later ones will be more centric on actual places and characters in the game!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2016, 09:38:15 PM »

I've decided to make a drawing per day
Rejoice! :D
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2016, 07:54:20 AM »

6 Days left on the Kickstarter!
For today's drawing I decided to feature the mushroom farmers. It's another simple one, I hope you guys like it.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2016, 08:30:02 AM »

I really like simple but clean drawings like this in general; they're very expressive
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2016, 08:27:04 AM »

I really like simple but clean drawings like this in general; they're very expressive

thanks Smiley

5 Days left on the Kickstarter! Today I randomly decided to draw the bird's nest.

If anyone has any specific requests for characters or environments in the game that they'd like to see in the next marker drawing, please let me know!

easy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »

This reminds me of Yoshi's Island's platforming and unique visual style. It also makes me think of Cool Spot for the Sega Genesis.
Keep up the great work. I just backed you on Kickstarter.
Coffee

PS: Please don't forget about linux  Beg
Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2016, 09:40:10 AM »

I'm loving these little drawings! I really hope you meet your KS goal because the music so far has been lovely.

orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2016, 08:46:40 AM »

@easy
thank you for the compliments and especially for backing the Kickstarter! Windows & Mac are my primary concern, but there have been quite a few Linux requests as well so I'm definitely going to see about it.

@Silkworm_sweatshop
thanks! I agree, Marius is doing a great job with the music.

3 Days left on Kickstarter!
If you are a fan of this project, please make sure to spread the word as much as you can, as the deadline for funding is coming in fast! Even a simple post on social media is very much appreciated. Smiley

Here's today's marker drawing:

yesterday I posted a new gif for screenshot saturday(instead of making a drawing):

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »

Can't believe I'd not backed you yet. That has been rectified.

orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »

Can't believe I'd not backed you yet. That has been rectified.

Thanks, Andrew!!!  Smiley

Less than 72 hours left on the Kickstarter! A recent surge of supporters has pushed us past 50%!
Here is today's drawing, basically a scene taken directly from the WIP demo. The lighting is a bit wonky but it was fun.

Not really sure what I'm going to draw tomorrow, hopefully something appropriate for it being the final day of the Kickstarter. If anyone has any suggestions or things that they want to see in the next drawing, please let me know! Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2016, 12:53:42 AM »

GOGOGO!
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2016, 01:32:50 AM »

Well, I put a recommendation in my last update for you so I hope some people checked out your campaign from there. Fingers crossed it helped a little!

These last 2 days will hopefully give you a big push and get you over the line - good luck!

orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2016, 12:04:10 PM »

@JobLeonard
 Gomez

@and
Thanks for the recommendation! That's really kind of you! Smiley

There are 43 hours left on the Kickstarter, and we've broken 2K, getting close to 60%! Please share the project with your friends if you can. If you're on twitter, you can retweet about the Kickstarter here.

Here is the final marker drawing!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:34:54 PM by orange08 » Logged

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2016, 01:14:07 PM »

good luck on the last push. This really deserves it's music and soundtrack.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2016, 10:28:18 PM »

Spammed all the social outlets I have that won't hate me for it!
pheres
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2016, 02:27:29 AM »

The game looks surprisingly polished. Love the quirky art Smiley

Toast Right Got my support
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2016, 03:00:10 AM »

One day you should make a remake of this, using the artstyle from the marker paintings. Smiley

Played the demo recently and was slightly disappointed that it seemed to be over while i still had a carrot and a bomb in my inventory. In the castle i was able to walk through a wall, fell down and landed below the grass floor. I was still able to move left and right while being invisible and it was impossible to re-enter the castle again.

Hopefully you'll find a good composer/sound designer. Looking forward to the final game, can't wait!
Mr Bazooka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2016, 07:05:52 AM »

This looks amazing. You have my support!

Can't wait for the finished product.
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2016, 08:49:00 AM »

@bakkusa
thanks, I really appreciate your support Smiley

@JobLeonard
Fantastic! Thanks for spreading the word!

@pheres
thanks!!

@zorg
You're right I should probably do something with markers in the future. My first priority is to finish this game though! Thanks for playing the demo! There have been a few people who found that the castle has some unintentional missing walls, which is a small part of the reason why now I don't publicize the demo as much. The game has progressed so much from when the demo was released that I feel like I shouldn't make people play it anymore.
I appreciate the good wishes as well, thanks for commenting!

@Mr Bazooka
Thank you! Smiley

Less than 24 hours left on the Kickstarter right now! We just passed $2500, so we only need 1K more to be successfully funded.
The backers & support received so far has been amazing, many generous people who seem just as dedicated to the project as I am! It's not over yet, though, so please make sure to continue sharing and help spread the word to other people who like adventure games!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:44:49 PM by orange08 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic