Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:33:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGebub's Adventure [Released on Steam!]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Gebub's Adventure [Released on Steam!]  (Read 17068 times)
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2016, 05:57:06 PM »

12 hours left!!! We only need about $500 more to be successfully funded! If you're a fan of this game and haven't backed already, please do so as soon as you can! We already have 99 awesome backers, but a few more are needed to push to the funding goal!

The Kickstarter is now actually at 85%!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2016, 11:27:15 PM »

Oh god this is intense...
breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2016, 06:04:43 AM »

Congratulations on getting funded! I can't believe you hit over 50% of your goal in the last few days. Your goal was low enough that it was possible, I think. I tried to get the word out as much as I could but the big gamedev bots on twitter didn't feel like retweeting my posts about your game for some reason so I didn't get that many impressions. I still tried and hopefully it helped a bit Smiley

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2016, 07:28:12 AM »

@eidobunny
thanks! do not underestimate your influence!

The Kickstarter was a success!
It was extremely close, we only surpassed our goal by $16! But the important thing is that we did reach our goal!

Thanks for backing the project, thanks for the tweets, for sharing with your friends, thanks for all the words of encouragement! Now I'm not only accountable to myself, but also to you, to get this game finished, and finished well.

Keep being awesome, everyone  Hand Thumbs Up Left

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2016, 09:14:59 AM »

Congrats! Smiley

I'm just curious, do you have stats about where most of the people came from in the last few days?  Were there many who had favorite'd the project and pledged in the last few days or perhaps came from outside sources?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:22:08 AM by io3 creations » Logged

EnragedCoder
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2016, 09:25:46 AM »

Congrats on the successful Kickstarter campaign!! I was getting a bit worried there heh  Beer!
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »

Woo! What a ride!  Epileptic

So we can safely say that every share counted for this one!

Congratulations!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:43:25 PM by JobLeonard » Logged
zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2016, 12:58:05 PM »

I saw the "12 hours left" in the title and backed when it was around 6 hours left and 3150$ funded.
I'm glad it worked out for you!

@zilluss | Devlog  Hand Point Right
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2016, 10:15:05 AM »

@io3 creations
thanks!
Most of it was from twitter, which is kindof appropriate since that's where I was most active. Almost 50% of the backers came through twitter, actually.

@Enraged Coder
same here, thanks! Smiley

@JobLeonard
Definitely! Thanks!

@zilluss
Thanks for backing! I'm doing my best to continue progress with the game.

Sorry if I've been a bit quiet recently. I've been focusing on planning out everything that remains to be finished in the game. It's actually quite close to being finished, except in the music department, where Marius still has a lot of work to do, since the game has a lot of different areas which are in need of music.
I started working on a new area today. It's the insides of some creature.

orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2016, 12:51:56 PM »

I finally finished the large creature belly area. It's a very special location, due to a unique heartbeat ambience track composed by Marius, which I've implemented some graphical effects to go in sync with. Along with that, the underwater area in general is mostly finished also.

Right now I am starting to feel like I'm getting close to the end. I'm starting work on the final door and the final room, the credits I will work on after that. I still have one large area that I need to design, and a few other areas that I already finished need some small extensions & polish.

Almost forgot to mention, I did some more work on the game menu and I'm very pleased with it now. I'm going to experiment with the in-game pause menu to make it look more like a scroll(like the buttons on the main menu) also.

Hope you enjoyed this update!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2016, 11:54:54 PM »

Is all game text in that font now? It fits the visuals a lot better!
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2016, 06:43:41 AM »

Is all game text in that font now? It fits the visuals a lot better!

All game text is in this font, yes. Smiley Though, the only places that have text are the main menu and the in-game pause menu. The game adventure itself is pretty much devoid of text(because there is no need of it).

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2016, 06:57:46 AM »

True, but that makes it all the more jarring if it doesn't fit Smiley

Do you have a non-kickstarter means of buying your game yet? I'd like to support you when the game is finished
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2016, 09:11:58 AM »

True, but that makes it all the more jarring if it doesn't fit Smiley

Do you have a non-kickstarter means of buying your game yet? I'd like to support you when the game is finished

There's not really any way to buy the game yet... because it is not finished.

I have to say, though, there have been a few people who chose to pay money for the work-in-progress demo on itch.io. This is not something I was expecting... but anyway, I am planning to give these generous people copies of the game once it's finished(since they basically already paid for it).

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2016, 03:16:15 AM »

Psst, you're not linking the itch.io in your signature. Might want to do that?
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2016, 02:37:51 PM »

Psst, you're not linking the itch.io in your signature. Might want to do that?

I try not to publicize the wip demo too much anymore... this is mostly because I feel the game has progressed pretty well beyond it and I know some people don't like having parts of the game spoiled for them before it is fully released & fully playable.

Anyway, I was extremely productive today. I worked on some special images to be shown while the credits are rolling. I drew sketches of these scenes on paper first, then today I made their digital counterparts. Here's a few examples:

Some things on my to-do list:
-make pause menu look more like a scroll
-work on close end of beach
-work on empty island sky appearance
-add secret hidden place with secret thing
-think of a reward for the player for collecting every last orb
-item with multiple pieces?

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2016, 03:18:08 PM »

Ah, that makes sense (regarding the WIP demo)

Oh god this looks so adorable. Have you thought of making sketches like that unlockables in the game?
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2016, 10:11:39 AM »

Time for another progress update!

Ah, that makes sense (regarding the WIP demo)

Oh god this looks so adorable. Have you thought of making sketches like that unlockables in the game?

I hadn't thought of doing that... I'm not sure how it would work. I do plan to include a lot of sketches and marker drawings in a PDF file for the Ranger Tier backers of the Kickstarter. I have no time to work on the PDF now, but I will start once the game is officially released.

I finally released a beta for the game a couple weeks ago to everyone who was signed up for it. Responses have been very positive so far, I've gotten a lot of suggestions and minor things that bothered people which I'm working on fixing right now. There's still no reward for beating the game with 100% orbs collected, I'm going to see about fixing that as well.

Marius is back from vacation so he has started working on the music again. He just finished a new track for the Purple Sector. There are only a few more areas that are still in need of music! Smiley

I'm hoping to release an update to the beta in a week or two... although I'd rather not release it until all the music is finished.

orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2016, 01:41:53 PM »

Hey, everyone! I got some very good news recently:

I'm not sure how it happened but I'm not complaining!

I've been working on finishing up a few last things in the game. Today I finally got the map system fully functional.

Marius has been making very good progress on the OST. The game only needs 1 more track!

It's probably going to take me a little while to implement the Steam API, and get a few achievements for the game... but I'm working as fast as I can. I can hardly wait for the public release and I hope you guys will enjoy the finished product!

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2016, 10:36:22 PM »

I'm looking forward to the release. Please let us know the date, when it's time. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic