Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 06:23:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessQwak on Mac..
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Qwak on Mac..  (Read 1560 times)
Jamie W
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2009, 03:56:38 AM »

Hi There,

I'm looking in to doing a port of my game Qwak, from PC to Mac. If you can take a quick look, it's at:

www.qwak.co.uk

I know very little about Macs, and the gaming scene on Mac. Is this the kind of game that would do well on Mac?

Also, for people who sell game the same game on both PC and Mac, how do you find the following compare:

#number of downloads?

#number of sales?

Thanks.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 05:56:52 AM »

Hi Jamie,

I'm sad no-one's posted on this.  I am the proud owner of Qwak on Amiga...  Great little game!

I think the Mac market is really worthwhile, due to there being less competition I hear there are better conversion rates on portals and such... But it kinda depends on how the title did on other formats for you.

I also wrote a cross-platform Bubble Bobble-inspired game, Super Neko World.  It also started life on the Amiga.

It's something I'd like to see more of but platformers are just so hit and miss in sales these days due to there being so many great freeware titles, and competition on the consoles, especially now with the 'Indie' tier of things like PSN, XBLA and WiiWare.  I think it might help if you made it Qwak 2 and introduced some new mechanics that sets it apart from others.  Either way, I feel you had a great knack for fun gameplay which I'd love to see in some new work.

Hope all goes well,

Cheers for the fruit-nomming!

Jasper.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic