Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:54:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScarf: Walking with Souls
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Scarf: Walking with Souls  (Read 24983 times)
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »

The trailer is looking good. I was wondering if the 2 minutes might be too long but it seemed to captivate me till the end.  Smiley

There are few things I've noticed:

~50s
To me it would me more impactful if you show the player character is running around and then suddenly bumps into the other character (e.g. @54s).  Then show the that they are doing activities together: chase, running (was one of them hide and seek?)

~1:00 when the characters are chasing each other, the running speed seems fine (maybe because the grass is covering the feet) but when the player character is running by itself the leg movement seems "slowish".  If I was playing the game, I'd be focusing more on other aspects so it's not a biggie but I'd almost prefer it either faster or a bit slower to give it a floating feel as if you were flying/gliding in the air.  But that's just my preference.

Uprising Studios
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2016, 02:46:33 AM »

Hi everyone!
It’s been a while since the last update and we’re sorry about it. It’s been impossible for us to update as we’ve been non stop.

The trailer is looking good. I was wondering if the 2 minutes might be too long but it seemed to captivate me till the end.  Smiley

There are few things I've noticed:

~50s
To me it would me more impactful if you show the player character is running around and then suddenly bumps into the other character (e.g. @54s).  Then show the that they are doing activities together: chase, running (was one of them hide and seek?)

~1:00 when the characters are chasing each other, the running speed seems fine (maybe because the grass is covering the feet) but when the player character is running by itself the leg movement seems "slowish".  If I was playing the game, I'd be focusing more on other aspects so it's not a biggie but I'd almost prefer it either faster or a bit slower to give it a floating feel as if you were flying/gliding in the air.  But that's just my preference.

Thank you for the feedback! It's noted and we will have that in mind for future trailers and for the animations!

We want to make an update and it's been impossible until now. Sad So here it goes.

We went to Game Connection Paris (last days of October) in order to meet some publishers and start conversations with them, as it’s impossible for us to keep developing Scarf without financial support. We’ll see where this leads us.
If someone has any doubt about the functioning of Game Connection, please ask!

It’s been chaotic ever since, we have been working in documentation, more documentation, concept and design.
We want to share some of that work.

As we explained in the first post, in Scarf you will have to play through three different levels. At the end of each level Hyke will reach (along with other souls) what we’ve called (pending of improving) the Emblematic Places.
Once there, the souls, in a ritual, try to transform and meld with the nature.

This is the Emblematic Place of the Meadow.

The desert is formed by independent floating islands. Most of them will be small though in some you will find caves. This is the last one, the Emblematic Place of the Desert.

We’ve been also prototyping some of the abilities of the scarf.
This one is the hook:

As you can see in the video, down here, we are testing two different kind of hooks, one like a liana, the other one for reaching the exact point.

We hope you enjoy this update!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic