Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411277 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:50:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTower of Samsara
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Tower of Samsara  (Read 30048 times)
MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »

PRAISE THE SUN!

I'm pretty sure this is what I'll post on the first message when the game goes live.

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2016, 05:41:53 PM »

We have amazing News! We'll be having a 3.5 inches / 9 cm tall Full-Colored 3D Printed Kopper Figurine on our kickstarter campaign!!

Here's an example of what a colored 3D printed model looks like:

Its made of sand. There's a quite grainy texture, but very detailed anyway. The colors are very vivid if we don't use gray tones, which we won't! So I'm thinking that the model will look quite awesome!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2016, 01:06:23 AM »

Really nice guys, glad you like the result! So is it made from Shapeways?

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2016, 01:35:10 PM »

haha yeah!

thanks to your suggestion!!

They seem quite profissional. Don't need minimum amount of pieces and also do the shipment.

There are a lot of materials but we feel the colorful sand will do great.

Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2016, 01:18:25 AM »

Glad to see the progress on this project, it looks amazing. Good luck on Kickstarter! We'll launch our very own campaign quite soon, but we have decided to announce it just about ten days before launch.

aberrantmike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 03:48:30 AM »

Digging the visual
MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2016, 05:41:12 PM »

Glad to see the progress on this project, it looks amazing. Good luck on Kickstarter! We'll launch our very own campaign quite soon, but we have decided to announce it just about ten days before launch.

Thanks a lot mate!

u sure thats a good idea? not to announce it early ? Well its our first kickstarter, we are taking a huge guess here!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2016, 09:39:13 AM »

Annnd, here we get a 3-minute no edit footage of the game!

Hope this give a better aknowledment of the game.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2016, 11:41:32 AM »

I really like the video, I feel like it gives me a good impression of what I'm going to get from the game. The cliffhanger ending is good too!

The only feedback I'd give is that I don't like the mixture of pixel graphics and the smooth effects, such as the bar that comes in at the side with the text, the gamepad UI and many of the particle effects. I feel the same way about when it zooms out - it just doesn't seem right to me somehow because all of a sudden it's not pixelated anymore.

However, this is my own personal taste and your game so feel free to entirely disregard that feedback!

To end on a positive note, the climb animation and transition from walk to run is every nice and the combat looks very satisfying.

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2016, 04:10:17 PM »

I really like the video, I feel like it gives me a good impression of what I'm going to get from the game. The cliffhanger ending is good too!

The only feedback I'd give is that I don't like the mixture of pixel graphics and the smooth effects, such as the bar that comes in at the side with the text, the gamepad UI and many of the particle effects. I feel the same way about when it zooms out - it just doesn't seem right to me somehow because all of a sudden it's not pixelated anymore.

However, this is my own personal taste and your game so feel free to entirely disregard that feedback!

To end on a positive note, the climb animation and transition from walk to run is every nice and the combat looks very satisfying.

Thanks for such kind words!

We decided to mix things up a bit, it happened quite naturally. But think about, for example, the cartoon World of gumball. It uses photos, draws, play dough, puppets... and nothing seems out of place!

Its the conjunction that matters, and in our case, the atmosphere and pretty much the filters we use to create ambience kinda asked for a mix of diferent visuals.

about not being pixelated suddenly, i didn't understand that D:... the pixels are still there, just zoomed out.

btw your game Mable & The Wood look quite awesome!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:05:49 AM by MarteloNero » Logged

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2016, 04:56:22 AM »

about not being pixelated suddenly, i didn't understand that D:... the pixels are still there, just zoomed out.

btw your game Mable & The Wood look quite awesome!

Thank you Smiley

With the zoom out I just meant that it looks like the pixels shouldn't be able to be that small, but I think if you're going with a mix of everything like Gumball (I love Gumball, have you seen Fish Hooks? Similar style but I love it even more) it will work fine.

Are you planning to mix more styles in as well?

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2016, 03:06:47 PM »

Looks good!  I really like your color palette. Smiley

As mentioned by @and, mixing different styles can be an issue for some.  Interestingly, there were other games in the past where I found the pixel graphics not matching the non-pixel font the game used.  However, in your game I didn't bother me.  Maybe because, there are many effects (light beams, explosions) that aren't pixel and also perhaps as the camera zooms out the pixel graphics becomes less obvious.  But this is just one of those subjective things.  There's nothing that will satisfy everyone, so you just have to either go with your original vision or what most people prefer.

There were two minor visual issues though for me:
1) After having seen a good example of it in  MANDAGON https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52602.0 the flags (or banners?) not moving with the wind feels odd - especially with the heavy gusts.  Even if frozen, I would expect them to move a little.
2) When the knight is running reminds me of how many girls tend to run with a "careful running" style with their arms raised rather than a manly man, such as a knight. :D  (Of course, I'm assuming that the knight is a male)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:14:28 PM by io3 creations » Logged

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2016, 07:40:11 AM »

Looks good!  I really like your color palette. Smiley

As mentioned by @and, mixing different styles can be an issue for some.  Interestingly, there were other games in the past where I found the pixel graphics not matching the non-pixel font the game used.  However, in your game I didn't bother me.  Maybe because, there are many effects (light beams, explosions) that aren't pixel and also perhaps as the camera zooms out the pixel graphics becomes less obvious.  But this is just one of those subjective things.  There's nothing that will satisfy everyone, so you just have to either go with your original vision or what most people prefer.

There were two minor visual issues though for me:
1) After having seen a good example of it in  MANDAGON https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52602.0 the flags (or banners?) not moving with the wind feels odd - especially with the heavy gusts.  Even if frozen, I would expect them to move a little.
2) When the knight is running reminds me of how many girls tend to run with a "careful running" style with their arms raised rather than a manly man, such as a knight. :D  (Of course, I'm assuming that the knight is a male)

Thanks for the compliment!

About the issues you pointed:

1) You're god damn right. Yeah the flag will be animated.In fact thats what we meant for the video not representing the final quality of the game xD Nice link u got there, we will use as reference! tks!

2) Oh he is not male. Also there is no "male" or "female" intrinsic way of running. These are social constructions.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:55:23 AM by MarteloNero » Logged

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2016, 04:51:15 PM »

New Scenario! Mars (The realm of men)

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

Heck yeah.
This project was needing a change of tone.

The torch in the guys hand is animated on his sprite, or is it particle effects?

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2016, 08:41:19 AM »

Heck yeah.
This project was needing a change of tone.

The torch in the guys hand is animated on his sprite, or is it particle effects?

Oh its particles! Particles everywhere!

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2016, 01:43:01 PM »

Really nice how the particles blend with the pixel art.

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2016, 07:48:35 AM »

Ohh ! Here's one sprite animation! This one is indeed made frame by frame!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:59:38 AM by MarteloNero » Logged

lobstersteve
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2016, 08:09:43 AM »

Looks good Smiley
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2016, 11:42:49 AM »

VERY nice explosion animation!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Jump to: