Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:44:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTower of Samsara
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Tower of Samsara  (Read 30280 times)
Defcon1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2016, 02:10:44 PM »

Wow I'm excited for this, following!

@yeahthatsean
Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »

Im really digging the atmosphere of the game Smiley or what ive seen so far from the video atleast. And the explosion is spot on!

blindskystudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2016, 12:22:47 AM »

This looks incredible! Loving the ritualistic vibe.

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2016, 08:58:42 AM »

Our kickstarter campaign will have badges available!

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2016, 10:37:52 AM »

Thanks for the compliment!

About the issues you pointed:

1) You're god damn right. Yeah the flag will be animated.In fact thats what we meant for the video not representing the final quality of the game xD Nice link u got there, we will use as reference! tks!
Great!

2) Oh he is not male.
Interesting.  So, the character is more of a "spirit".

Also there is no "male" or "female" intrinsic way of running. These are social constructions.
That depends on your perspective.  Much like men (on average) are taller and stronger than women, there are certain behaviors that are more common for each gender.  e.g. hip movement is a good example.  Though, true, running isn't that different but I've seen many girls/women run the same way your character holds up *it's* arm during running but haven't noticed it for men.  These came from my own observations and not from other people's ideas.

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »

That depends on your perspective.  Much like men (on average) are taller and stronger than women, there are certain behaviors that are more common for each gender.  e.g. hip movement is a good example.  Though, true, running isn't that different but I've seen many girls/women run the same way your character holds up *it's* arm during running but haven't noticed it for men.  These came from my own observations and not from other people's ideas.

I know this is hard to understand at first time. But really there are no certain behaviours that are more common for each gender. They vary with culture.

Your observation is just the observation of the place you live. On the whole world things aren't the same. In some tribes woman rule. In some places people eat human meat or dog meat and is fine. In some places woman put rings on their neck until it grows 4x or 5x the size of a normal neck. Do you think these woman would be able to run like this?

The character running is similar to your reference of how a woman run, but it doesn't mean that all woman run like this, or that there is a female way of running.

The very only thing you could say about gender diferantiation is some slight difference in physical size when taking the average data. And thats pretty much it. But its is not true for every case (just a tendency, not a rule), so you really can't assume anything.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:31:22 PM by MarteloNero » Logged

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2016, 04:11:22 PM »

Some new animations of the martian nihilist..

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:22:48 PM by MarteloNero » Logged

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2016, 10:32:35 PM »

Love it!  I'm a sucker for old-school diving helmets!

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2016, 05:06:50 AM »

Hahahah, loving the diving helmet Smiley. A great addition!

Very "BioShock."

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2016, 08:08:59 AM »

thanks guys! i love old diving helmets too hahaha Tongue

here're the martians concepts i forgot to post here Smiley

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2016, 12:16:12 PM »

I know this is hard to understand at first time. But really there are no certain behaviours that are more common for each gender. They vary with culture.

Your observation is just the observation of the place you live. On the whole world things aren't the same. In some tribes woman rule. In some places people eat human meat or dog meat and is fine. In some places woman put rings on their neck until it grows 4x or 5x the size of a normal neck. Do you think these woman would be able to run like this?

The character running is similar to your reference of how a woman run, but it doesn't mean that all woman run like this, or that there is a female way of running.

I agree, that my observation is based on my experience and is not typical of every women.  However, my experience is actually based on living in a few metropolitan locations with multiple cultures and after noticing it the first time, I was surprised to see many times after many times.  Also, the other aspect is that I haven't seen any men run with moving their lower arms horizontally like that.  If you can show me a reference video, I'd be interested to see.

So, that type of running reminds of how I saw some women run and therefore (to me) is feminine. 

Similarly, there is another project on this board: Irkalla, where someone commented that the main character's movement (in a mech suit) seemed feminine.  Later the developer revealed that the main character is indeed a woman.

As for how players of the game will perceive the running ...  After releasing the game, player feedback (may) tell how people percieve it.

The very only thing you could say about gender diferantiation is some slight difference in physical size when taking the average data. And thats pretty much it. But its is not true for every case (just a tendency, not a rule), so you really can't assume anything.
The height difference isn't just my assumption nor is it a slight difference.  If you look at  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Average_height_around_the_world  the average difference between men and women is about 12cm (~5 inches) and is consistent that men (on average) are taller.  Lots of men would be happier if their "manliness" was that "slightly" longer.  Big Laff

And now back to the game.  The martian nihilist looks great!  Smiley

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2016, 12:53:55 PM »

I agree, that my observation is based on my experience and is not typical of every women.  However, my experience is actually based on living in a few metropolitan locations with multiple cultures and after noticing it the first time, I was surprised to see many times after many times.  Also, the other aspect is that I haven't seen any men run with moving their lower arms horizontally like that.  If you can show me a reference video, I'd be interested to see.

So, that type of running reminds of how I saw some women run and therefore (to me) is feminine. 

Similarly, there is another project on this board: Irkalla, where someone commented that the main character's movement (in a mech suit) seemed feminine.  Later the developer revealed that the main character is indeed a woman.

As for how players of the game will perceive the running ...  After releasing the game, player feedback (may) tell how people percieve it.

The height difference isn't just my assumption nor is it a slight difference.  If you look at  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Average_height_around_the_world  the average difference between men and women is about 12cm (~5 inches) and is consistent that men (on average) are taller.  Lots of men would be happier if their "manliness" was that "slightly" longer.  Big Laff

And now back to the game.  The martian nihilist looks great!  Smiley

if u think that 12 cm avg being the only difference between man and woman is not a slight difference, you are missing the big picture.

our game is about expanding your mind and sexism will not be tolerated

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2016, 01:51:04 PM »

if u think that 12 cm avg being the only difference between man and woman is not a slight difference, you are missing the big picture.
If you think that height difference is the only difference between the men and women (on average) ... than read Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus or any other books that talk about differences between the sexes.  Plus, to add one very obvious difference:  how many men can give birth to children?

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2016, 06:51:48 AM »

We were interviewed by Mithical Entertainent!
Take a moment to hear our awesome voices!

http://mithicalentertainment.com/mithical-beginnings-tower-of-samsara/

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2016, 02:28:26 AM »

Very cool! How did you find being interviewed?

Also, how do you embed a youTube video on here?

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »

Very cool! How did you find being interviewed?

Also, how do you embed a youTube video on here?

haha that was weird. We were too anxious even if it wasnt a big deal and was very hard to speak good english. Also we learned a lot about mics and how it is important to disable them when not speaking from preventing external noise XD

About youtube videos, just post the link itself! Tig will make it a video!

SpaceDuck
Level 0

an Indie Game Developer of 21c.Ducks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2016, 04:49:24 AM »

Amazing artworks! I really love your style!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »

Amazing artworks! I really love your style!

Thanks space duck!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2016, 10:15:09 AM »

We got our first fan artwork!!

Thats awesome!

MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »

Finally, the tower of samsara!

The Tower is a path and a mirror, a vector that pushes you out of the center, a spiral that expands and breaks the circle from within, a rainbow bridge that leads you to higher realms.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic