Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:13:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Looking for feedback on FX
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for feedback on FX  (Read 645 times)
AlexEvangelou
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:21:19 AM »

Hey all, I'm looking for some FX advice. It's kind of hard to find discussion about FX anywhere. Anyway here's some custom Hearthstone animatinos I made. I ripped the board assets from the game then created the particles, shaders and animation in Unity to make the effects when a card is played.

Any kind of FX or animation feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Also I'd be happy to talk about how anything is made if you have questions for me.

JWK5
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 11:34:40 AM »

Really nicely done!

One thing I would recommend is speeding the animations up a bit, or at least giving an "animation speed" option. The reason being is that the first few times you see the animations it is going to be awesome but by the 100th time you've seen the same animations it is going to feel like they are slowing you down and holding back the pace of things. Like I said, they look nice you've just got to remember to balance nice graphics with good gameplay, and more specifically (in this case) a good pace.

Other than that, keep up the good work!
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »

JWK5, you know that this guy didn't make Hearthstone, right? He only made the animations, which look very good btw

lil lantern
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 12:40:23 PM »

When the oval card (from the first video) crawled out of the ground, if you could apply a little bit of drop shadow underneath will be even nicer!
It would also help your animation/graphic blends into with the background environment.Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic