Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:55:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStage Presence - A Comedy / Horror / Karaoke Game OUT NOW!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Stage Presence - A Comedy / Horror / Karaoke Game OUT NOW!  (Read 2621 times)
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2015, 03:37:49 AM »

"Stage Presence is karaoke with less musicality and more social anxiety [...] This is the musical version of Apollo 13" - Kill Screen

Stage Presence is out now on Steam!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/391640

Click the gif below to watch the trailer!

Stage Presence is the anti-guitar hero. A comedy-horror-karaoke game where you need to use your voice and wits to win over a fickle mob!

You're the lead singer in the world's unluckiest band playing a huge show when the bands equipment fails! You need to keep the crowd entertained with your voice (and weird unlockables) while the gear is fixed. As the crowd get angrier, they start heckling, throwing bottles of piss at you, shining lasers in your eyes and turning into demons. The usual stuff.

Stage Presence's unique Multiplayer mode puts you in the crowd in another player's game! Cheer them to victory or heckle them failure with the gear at your disposal - laser pens, bottles, glowsticks and flares!

Stage Presence is developed by Sea Green Games and published by tinyBuild.

"One to watch." - Eurogamer.net
"I’m still not quite ready for the challenge of Stage Presence" - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"So pretty much I put on the Oculus Rift and I become a superstar and I'm performing in front of a large audience[…] It's so much fun." - KSic Games (reviewing early prototype build)
"A dirty feeling. The virtual audience was eventually calmed down, but I am ashamed now." - SuperLevel.de
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:31:06 AM by JonDadley » Logged
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 03:38:07 AM »

Since the game passed Greenlight I've been hard at work on the multiplayer mode and improving the graphics and gameplay. Here's the first video update!

Click the image below to watch the video!
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 03:46:09 PM »

Finally got round to putting another devlog video together for Stage Presence. Making videos is harder than making games by far. Still, at least I get to show my sweet new dynamic rain clouds. Lookit them clouds! It's good to finally announce a launch date too. Two months until people are throwing bottles of piss at each other in multiplayer!

(click the pic to watch the vid)
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 06:03:37 AM »

Added a pretty cool new feature a few days ago. In-game Twitch chat support so streamers can communicate with their viewers when playing in VR!

ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 06:16:38 PM »

This is a great concept, love the idea!   Beer!

I've been in similar but less intense situations.  It would be cool to have a sub or mini game where you are fumbling a book report. Ha

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 12:39:43 AM »

it will be hilarious to watch the player Cheesy I just thought it was funny watching you singing the devlog.

could be good practice to get used to crowds and dodge the odd bottle.
the visuals are really good and being part of the virtual crowd actually looks like a lot of fun too.

JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 09:14:41 AM »

It's been a while! I'll have some very exciting news to share about Stage Presence at the end of the month. In the mean time, here's some short gifs of a VERY WORK IN PROGRESS new environment. Hoping to have a bunch of different environments ready for launch - the festival stage, this indoor arena stage and a few others. The 360 nature of the this environment is ace in VR!

JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »

tinyBuild Publisher Deal
I'm super excited to announce that tinyBuild have signed up to publish Stage Presence! This is great news as tinyBuild are able to bring a lot of resources and really awesome ideas to the project. We now have a section on their website.

Announcement trailer
To announce this awesome collaboration, we put together this sweet new trailer
Click the image below to watch the trailer!

PAX East 2016
One of the really cool things tinyBuild haas helped with so far was showing Stage Presence at PAX East 2016 this past weekend! The game was played live on the Twitch stream on Friday and was available to play all weekend on the show floor!

Screenshot Gallery
To help sweeten the deal I put together this gallery of new screenshots of the game. You'll recognise the old Festival level as see a peek at the new Stadium level! I hope you like them!

JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 12:16:20 PM »

Early WIP of a new level for Stage Presence; a cathedral.

Sometimes you play a gig, your gear breaks and the crowd turn into demons. It happens.

JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 01:21:20 AM »

Latest WIP of the haunted cathedral level in Stage Presence. Nearly done now I think, just minor things that need tidying up or fixing. Wish I had more time I could dedicate more time to working on new environments these days. It's easily the most fun part of making a game, easily more fun than doing networking coding or setting up the unlock system...

JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 08:11:10 AM »

To "celebrate" Eurovision tomorrow night, me and tinyBuild fed all the songs into Stage Presence to predict the winner

Cyprus won. Put all your money on Cyprus
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 09:22:07 AM »

I've been a bit quiet on the Stage Presence front for a while. I've been working on unlockable gear that.

Here's the Mood-O-Meter, the latest in crowd mind probe technology. It tells you the crowd's mood in real time and shows you how close you are to losing the game:

And here's the unlockable Crucifix for the Cathedral level. Useful for warding off crowds of music loving demons. Each level has a specific item like this that makes scoring easier.

JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 12:34:08 PM »

I've spent the last week adding motion control support to Stage Presence and I'm super pleased with the results so far! Enjoy some gifs!

Twitch Chat not supporting your "singing"? Show 'em how you feel!

Crowd mind probe device on the fritz? Give it a gentle tap. GENTLE

Audience turned into a horde of demons? It's time to get CROSS!

The crucifix also defends against bottles of piss. Hallowed be thy AIM!

Sick of having bottles thrown at you? Go on the offensive!
Babar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 03:51:40 PM »

Where is the air guitar? You could make something Rock Band-ish out of this :D

And then destroy all of the instruments  Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Right

Jokes aside, this looks fun  Screamy

JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 02:17:13 AM »

Finally got Vive support working in Stage Presence's multiplayer.The gifs didn't come out great so click them to watch the original videos.

In Stage Presence's multiplayer, you become a member of the crowd in another player's game.

Where you can do mean things like throw bottles of piss at the player on stage.

Or shine a laserpen in the other player's eyes
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 09:38:31 AM »

I may have created the worlds first VR-based pun. Click the gif for the version with sound which is 10x better:

Need to get the Stage Presence crowd on your side quickly? DROP THE BASS
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 07:55:04 AM »

I've been adding more weird things to Stage Presence including 'Mystery Pills' which award a random buff or debuff. Warning: major side effects. (Click for the original video with sound)

JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 06:29:13 AM »

Hooked up Stage Presence's multiplayer IK this week using FinalIK's new VRIK system. Btw, FinalIK's new VRIK system absolutely rules (click the gifs for the full videos, shows more of the IK working)

The multiplayer IK is so good it will give you ROCK HARD ABS
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 06:38:23 AM »

Here's the first look at a new level for Stage Presence: The Moon Base (click the gifs for the full length videos)

Beware asteroid strikes if you sing badly

Low gravity microphone tricks

Grab bottles of piss the crowd throw at you and send them right back!
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 07:05:39 AM »

Stage Presence is now 'Coming Soon' on Steam! Wishlist it here: http://store.steampowered.com//app/391640

Here's a few new screenshots to celebrate!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic