Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:15:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsA Place for the Unwilling [open world narrative game][BETA]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: A Place for the Unwilling [open world narrative game][BETA]  (Read 57461 times)
Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2016, 01:56:12 AM »

WOW, I was off for a week and I've missed LOADS of stuff. It's looking very cool, and I'm pretty sure you guys will hit the campaign goal easily.

Now for the last stretch!

We just hit 80% and we still have 8 days, hope we make it! Today we'll post a new update :-)

Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2016, 11:26:50 AM »

Update #9 - Music and the city

Hey there!

We will soon enter the last week of our kickstarter campaign, so far we have collected over 80% of our funding goal, we still need to get the remaining 20% but we are really happy with all the support we have been getting since the campaign launched.

Today we would like to talk a bit more about the music, and upload some tests for you to listen :-)

Each area of the city is different, yet they share the same roots. We are trying to create a coherent environment while making each quarter special and filled with distinctive elements. Same thing happens with music, these two tracks use the same instrumentation, but in each of them the orchestra’s interpretation is completly different.

Contrast is everywhere. "Walking through the City" attempts to reflect the luxury life of those who inhabit the rich part of the city, on the other hand, "The Factories" stands for the filthy streets and the oppressive atmosphere of the poor quarter.

"Walking through the City" is all about creating flow, with the instruments playing in a sort of naive way. It's a romantic orchestra with a piano as its core piece and a cimbalom as its distinguishing  element.

"The Factories Running" uses the very same instruments, but laying a low base with a gran cassa, piano, doublebass and contrabsoon (with the aid of a bassdrum sound) trying to produce a movement which resembles the machines inside a factory, imitating repetitions and rubbing sounds.

This is still a work in progress, but the end result will follow the same line

There’s still a lot of work left, but these are some examples that we think are representative of the direction what we’ll keep working on. Hope you like it :-)

P.D.: We have unveiled the rest of the stretch goals, so check them out! They're at the end of the campaign page!

Uprising Studios
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2016, 03:08:54 AM »

Hey guys.
Only a week to go. Sure you're going to make it!
Keep pushing and good luck!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2016, 03:15:09 AM »

It's #IndieDevHour on Twitter tonight from 7pm GMT so I'd definitely recommend posting with that tag then. I've found my tweets around then get a lot of interaction, so hopefully it'll help (I'll retweet too obvs).

Good luck with the final push!

Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2016, 06:57:08 AM »

Quote from: Uprising Studios
Hey guys.
Only a week to go. Sure you're going to make it!
Keep pushing and good luck!

Thanks! We just got over 87%, still 5 days before the campaign ends :-)

Quote from: and
It's #IndieDevHour on Twitter tonight from 7pm GMT so I'd definitely recommend posting with that tag then. I've found my tweets around then get a lot of interaction, so hopefully it'll help (I'll retweet too obvs).

Good luck with the final push!

Thanks for tip! We already do #indiedevHour, #screenshotsatudary and oure usual daily spam :-P
Gotta be everywhere

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2016, 07:04:37 AM »

Best of luck with the final push! I would be interested to see statistics where you got most of your visits from after the campaign is over.

Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2016, 10:53:27 AM »

Best of luck with the final push! I would be interested to see statistics where you got most of your visits from after the campaign is over.

I'll probably write a kickstarter post-mortem with detailed thoughts and considerations :-)

Regarding our visitors...most of them came from twitter, direct links and Kickstarter; but Kotaku and PC gamer also helped A LOT.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2016, 03:03:22 AM »

Congrats on meeting your goal! I just saw that you met the baseline Smiley

Woohoo!!!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2016, 03:21:27 AM »

Congrats on meeting your goal! I just saw that you met the baseline Smiley

Woohoo!!!

Yay! Just got funded, so happy right now :-D

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »

Congrats on getting funded on KS!  Smiley

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2016, 10:06:22 AM »

Awesome! Congratulations!

Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »

Update #11 : Post-Kickstarter Report!

Hey everyone!

The Kickstarter campaign is now closed and we will soon receive the funds to help us focus on the development of "A Place for the Unwilling". We took a few days off, well, not really off since we still worked on stuff, but we did try to get some rest and traveled to our hometowns to spend some time with our families; which was nice.

So, what's next?

Well, we do have thousands of things to do, literally, but we have a new milestone in less than two weeks. We'll be at EGX Rezzed (London), with our own booth, thanks to GamesBoosters (yay! :D).

Unfortunately, there won't be a playable demo of the game there, that's not likely to happen anytime soon, why is that? The reason is simple, we just can't make a short level or a small piece of highly polished content. "A Place for the Unwilling" is about being free to do whatever you want and having living NPCs, letting players walk around a couple of streets while talking to one or two characters does not represent what we want to do with our game.

We won't publish a demo until you can actually play a whole day in the city, in other words, until every map, npc and feature is implemented; and that's gonna take us a while.

This doesn't mean we'll be at EGX empty-handed. We have decided to prepare something you can try out there, though it's not exactly a game. We could say it's a fancy menu with information about the lore, but it's more refined than a video or a wall of text. You'll be able to talk to characters, discover documents and see some exclusive content. This small-project will only be available for backers and for people who visit our booth at EGX.

We have a few pretty busy days ahead if we want to have everything ready for the show.

Since the campaign ended we had a few quick meetings with Ángel, the writer who will take care of a huge part of the narrative in the game. He just joined the development team, so we need to unite writing styles, work on a common dialogue system and some other misc tasks. This small side-project will be a good opportunity to get the whole team working together.

Once we're back from our short trip to London we will have a meeting in which, among other things, we'll discuss an official update calendar. Before the Kickstarter campaign we did updates about every 2 weeks, but we want to set a more defined schedule. We will also start working on the private devlog for backers who pledged 65€ or more, you'll know more details once we are back from London, but it's going to be pretty cool, it's probably going to be a video-log :-)

Paypal donations are now enabled, though right now only digital rewards are available. Pledges made through paypal will take a bit longer to process since we need to check each of them individually.

Thank you for your patience and for your support, specially during the denied payment crisis, sometimes we need a bit of time to answer all of your messages, we get tons of them and we also need to work on the game and everything related to it.

Drop us a comment with anything you want! We might take a while, but we read each one of them :-)

adrimoreno
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2016, 10:04:09 AM »

Hey Ludipe! I'm Adrián from Team Gotham It's nice to read you here. I hope you do well at EGX! (of course you'll do guys)

Just a question, how will we the backers get access to that "menu demo"?

Hugs!

@adriwicked - Programmer & Game Designer at @TeamGotham_
Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2016, 02:33:00 AM »

Hey Ludipe! I'm Adrián from Team Gotham It's nice to read you here. I hope you do well at EGX! (of course you'll do guys)

Just a question, how will we the backers get access to that "menu demo"?

Hugs!

Hey Adrian!:-D

Yes, as we said on our last update, backers will receive the small "thing" we are preparing for EGX. Here's a sneak peek!

Pseudavid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2016, 07:28:22 AM »

I'm glad to see that the problem with the KS funds was solved. Congratulations! This game seems right up my alley!

My interactive fiction is at pseudavid.itch.io

The Master of the Land, 6th in IFcomp 2018. It creates a seemingly dynamic world, gives the player complete agency within that world and then says ‘go
Bakuda
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2016, 08:04:29 AM »

Beautiful looking game. Congrats on getting funded!  That's always exciting.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2016, 08:28:35 AM »

Awesome stuff for the backers Smiley.

Congratulations, once again! Thank goodness the KS situation was resolved. I was reading about that all over the place.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2016, 07:42:24 AM »

Here's a new gif of what we're preparing for EGX (with some upgrades). Backers will get it once we're back from London. If you're at EGX Rezzed come and say hi! :-)

Quote from: Pseudavid
I'm glad to see that the problem with the KS funds was solved. Congratulations! This game seems right up my alley!

Glad you liked the project! :-D

Quote from: Bakuda
Beautiful looking game. Congrats on getting funded!  That's always exciting.

Thanks!

Quote from: amanfr01
Awesome stuff for the backers Smiley.

Congratulations, once again! Thank goodness the KS situation was resolved. I was reading about that all over the place.

Thanks, once again! ;-)

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2016, 10:31:12 AM »

Hey it was awesome to meet you at Rezzed! I loved what you had to show off, really set up the atmosphere brilliantly. Also, my poster is really cool - thanks!

Ludipe
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2016, 01:47:21 AM »

Hey it was awesome to meet you at Rezzed! I loved what you had to show off, really set up the atmosphere brilliantly. Also, my poster is really cool - thanks!

Yay! It was awesome meeting you, and glad you liked the poster ;-)

Hey guys! New update is coming up probably on Friday (99% sure about this). We have an important team meeting on Thursday and hopefully we'll have many news to share :-)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic