Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:16:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWhat would Counter-Strike look like in 1980's
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What would Counter-Strike look like in 1980's  (Read 1642 times)
mdzikowski
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2009, 03:22:00 AM »

hi everyone,
my name is Mat and I would like to share my very first game with you.
I'm just a quarter-nerd since I saw "New Hope" 21 times and C64 was my first toy. But my programming skills haven't evolved much since:

10 PRINT "hi"
20 GOTO 10
Durr...?

And after my friend have shown me the Tigsource I discovered that there's much more about gaming than what you can find on the book-shelf. So I started to wonder what would Counter-Strike look like in 1980's and in few days I made RETRO STRIKE using Game Maker. But then again I haven't read any tutorial.. just using my intuition and some basic logics.

Now I know I could have done it better. But after all it's rather a joke.

Although I would like to hear from you, what you think about this "game", this idea, and the video I made for it. You think it's worth developing?

It's all on http://www.retrostrike.com

P.S. forgive me using AdSense on the site, I'm just checking how it works, and how to manage it.
genericuser
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 03:58:26 AM »

Sounds like a pretty neat idea, actually.

I haven't tried the game, but the trailer looked pretty nice to me  Smiley

EDIT: Even though it's probably really hard to do, having Retro Strike in 3D would be awesome. You'd stay closer to the original Counter-Strike, and you could keep

theme.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:06:55 AM by genericuser » Logged
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:10:53 AM »

If it was done in the 80s the terrorists would be ninjas and the counter-terrorists shirtless dudes with huge guns and sunglasses
Hand Metal Left Tiger Hand Metal Right
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:18:09 AM »

I think your game sums up the essance of CS pretty good actually :D
mdzikowski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:22:35 PM »

wow. thanks for your posts.

@JLJac : I tried to describe CS to my dad. And he said: if it consists just in shooting at your opponents why is it so popular? well I don't know, I replied ...but the main rule is the same in Retro-Strike :D

@Andreas Kämper : Maybe this is what I should do. Retro-Strike 2.0 will have ninjas, Sly Stallone and real guns from the 80's. After all that's a bit what "Contra" was. except from the guns and the ninjas maybe Smiley

@genericuser : I don't know if 3D would do the thing. But if I ever do this... dude, I'd no longer be just a quarter-nerd but a full-time 100% approved nerd Smiley
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »

How do I bunny hop in this?  Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic