Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:32:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioNew Game Audio Blog
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Game Audio Blog  (Read 634 times)
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2015, 07:08:26 PM »

Hey TIGgers, just thought you audio people might be interested in a new audio blog I'm putting together. The main focus is going to be on game audio, though I'll be tying in my prior experience in theatrical sound design as well.

Take a look here, and please feel free to suggest topics you might find interesting! I'm still sort of feeling out what direction I want to take the blog, and I want it to be as useful as possible to the audio community, so I'm open to ideas.

Sound Designer | @phantomfreq | Demo reel
Noyemi K
Level 0

[ * ] - we are all so hapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 02:51:28 PM »

You should collect some "wisdom" on getting contracts and jobs since to outsiders it seems exceptionally difficult. The reality is that it is difficult, but not insurmountable, so I'm interested in what other audio people have to say.
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 04:38:04 PM »

Hey good to see you on TIG, Noyemi!

Yeah finding work is always a tough subject to crack, and definitely one I want to explore. If I'm honest, I'm stalling since I've hardly got it figured out myself! But it's my hope that I'll be able to pick the brains of some more experienced freelancers to see what wisdom they can offer.

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »

Good stuff Topher; will take a read through your posts later tonight man.

Noyemi K
Level 0

[ * ] - we are all so hapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 04:48:44 PM »

Do hit me up if you intend on doing that post. Might have to be a multi-parter or multi-pather because there's more than one way to do it!
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 07:30:57 PM »

Do hit me up if you intend on doing that post. Might have to be a multi-parter or multi-pather because there's more than one way to do it!

Oh absolutely, finding work is exceptionally personal and there's no single way to land a gig (obviously, otherwise we'd all be doing that).

I'm thinking the next post or two will probably be on workflow, though. If I can sort out my bizarro workflow before writing it, that is.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic