Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:50:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHALT - Run’N’Gun Action Platforming - HERE WE GO AGAIN
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: HALT - Run’N’Gun Action Platforming - HERE WE GO AGAIN  (Read 15541 times)
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »

Thanks! Soon enough I'll be posting information about the characters in here. Also as for the explosions, I actually think that's a good idea, I'll check it out!

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 06:48:57 PM »

Progress lookin' good. I love the poison/water/fire mechanics ^_^

RollingRock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 04:01:27 PM »

The characters and animations for them look amazing. Diggin it.
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 08:23:25 AM »

Finished a new city background!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:49:39 PM by Vaaasm » Logged

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 04:09:50 AM »

Some officer NPC's

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 01:07:28 PM »

Sorry about the inactivity lately everyone. I've been busy with a lot of schoolwork and I haven't been able to properly publish updates and info. However, from now on I'll be releasing devlog videos for HALT, starting today

You can click the picture to watch it on Youtube. In the video I talk about the 4th level, and I discuss some of the enemies and game mechanics that I used.

The video also features the game's amazing music by Plastiware. If you wanna catch up, you can subscribe the my channel and follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

In later videos I will discuss more stuff about the game's lore and other content and mechanics that I have planned!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 01:16:00 AM »

Wowwww... this is gorgeous, the visuals are throwing me back to my days of Megaman X at some points, which makes me very happy. Love your style. Enjoyed the devlog video as well  Beer!

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 09:26:21 AM »

Thank you! Glad you watched it. I'm gonna be making a few more videos like that showcasing some other levels and features soon enough.

Here's some other stuff I've been up to

Updated lemon level background

Started work on the fifth level! Another new background as well!

I've also been working on some story related things which I'll be able to share very soon. I'll also be discussing more gameplay things on this thread such as different weapons, ammo types, and upgrades.

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 01:48:22 PM »

School's finally out for me, so that means HALT is finally back! Finally I'll be getting around to posting a lot more often these days. I'll probably release another devlog video in a few days as well.

Even the HALT department needs advertisement!

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 01:55:11 PM »

wow, this looks incredible! the art style's very charming, and the gameplay looks really punchy and tight. kind of reminds me of some of the better indie titles from the mid-late 2000s
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »

YEUT! Tired of saying huzzah so going with yeut. Welcome back!

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2016, 06:19:12 PM »

Thanks! Yeut sounds sick btw

Now making cool doors, with a neat peace-out animation for Chris

Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2016, 09:27:16 PM »

At least the development wasn't HALTed for too long.
Sorry not sorry.

The peace-out seemed a bit fast to me? Might just be me. Seems like the character is going from 0 to 100 instantly with not enough easing before the final keyframe.

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »

I think I can try to make the peace sign stay for a bit longer

New eyeball cannons that eat you up and let you shoot yourself across the level!

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 11:54:24 AM »

That's super silly, haha. Does it actually take damage, or no? And if not, maybe those spikes wouldn't seem so dangerous (because getting stabbed by teeth is basically the same as spikes). Maybe the cannons could suck the Player in, or maybe the spikes could be lava or something.

It probably doesn't matter, though.

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »

Actually it doesn't damage the player, though i was thinking it could. I'm not entirely sure if i should do that though. I think I might just leave it this way

By the way guys, I've decided to let go the guy who was doing the music for HALT for work reasons. I'm going to be doing the soundtrack from now on! Expect me to upload a few new music things for HALT soon!

For now, check out this screenshot of the last level:

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2016, 05:29:30 AM »

Who could this huge dude be??

I made a track for the game! It's the theme for level 3, the red and cyan level.

Go ahead and tell me what you think, I could use some feedback since I'm gonna be doing the soundtrack by myself now.

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 12:08:56 PM »

I added a new enemy to the water level, the tentacle guy. He has a bubble gun with bubbles that work like mines. They stay in the same place and explode after a while or after you touch them. They follow you around and can also swim when they land in water.

I figured I'd add them since most of the other enemies were underwater, making parts with just land kinda empty and without any challenge or enemies.

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2016, 05:28:50 AM »

Dialogue is working like a charm now!

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2016, 11:50:21 PM »

Implemented the MACHINE GUN!! Along with a preview of the Water Level's Boss??

It works as a power-up with the default ammo, where you get a limited amount of bullets for your machine gun.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic