Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:07:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHALT - Run’N’Gun Action Platforming - HERE WE GO AGAIN
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: HALT - Run’N’Gun Action Platforming - HERE WE GO AGAIN  (Read 14936 times)
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »

Thanks for the vote homie! We're on 45% now!

also have some more of The Man

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2016, 03:34:40 PM »

btw i'm gonna say this with all the games i'm involved with but Tear This To Shreds, if you have any criticisms. we want to make Good Things

edit: god we're so close to the big five oh. since it got paged here's the steam greenlight link and the trailer again:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737088662

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2016, 08:25:43 AM »

Implementing boss deaths!

Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2016, 08:53:09 AM »

Hey, maybe others already said that, but your trailer starts with more than 10 seconds of logos, doesn't show gameplay until 30s and is very long (imo). I think you may loose quite a bit of audience because of those reason (unless there's another shorter trailer). Looks great otherwise Smiley

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »

you are the first person to say that but it's deffo something to consider. we're at 56% at current, if we don't make 75% by tonight maybe we'll shake it up a bit???

idk

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2016, 12:15:27 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! I did show the trailer to some people beforehand and they never told me anything about that, though I wish I had considered it before.

I don't think it really matters because it's not like people can't skip the 30 seconds of non-gameplay and watch at least a fraction of the rest 1 min and 30 seconds of gameplay.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »

we've been stuck at 58% all day so i'mma try and figure out what we can do to push through and get this sucker on steam sooner than later

Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2016, 12:02:55 AM »

Well I was just regurgitating things I've read on various places ^^' Anyway I voted, good luck!

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2016, 09:04:09 AM »

Thanks!

Also, here's a GIF of Diablo's punching animation that I never posted

Shnurbs
Level 0

heyo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »

One thing I noticed from the greenlight trailer is that, at least for me, it's somewhat difficult to distinguish what everything is at a glance. It's most likely that it's just youtube compression being real bad, but it could also be that the player, the enemies, and the background are all highly saturated. I dunno tho, and I love the expressive animation regardless.

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2016, 07:34:15 AM »

Thanks! Yeah we've already had a few people tell us that there should be more contrast between the player and the background.

I'm willing to do that but I'm not sure how I want to approach it, because the thing is I've laid out a very restricted color palette when working with HALT's art. It's what makes the art style look so consistent, and I always just strategically pick the colors from the scales to make darker colors or things that are farther away.

I guess I just gotta experiment with the desaturation and hope that it doesn't make the game look inconsistent/weird.

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2016, 01:10:39 PM »

In the meantime, i'll be doing some more stuff for the super cynical inventory

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2016, 09:07:40 PM »

gotta have that grass pizza.

i'm happy to report that HALT is currently #71 on greenlight after a week! we're getting up there. we need a few thousand more votes to hit the top ten, but you know how it goes.

currently i'm trying to reach out to the Gaming News Websites about HALT and we...will see............what happens.. .. .. . .. . ... . ... .

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2016, 08:51:34 AM »

THE HALT MOBILE UNIT - which is actually just a refurbished ice cream truck.

Also I wanna point out that HALT is #61 on steam greenlight! Thanks to everyone who voted, you've really helped us a lot.

HALT also got a cool article on IndieGames.com

Check it out here!

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2016, 12:17:12 PM »

The ammo menu in HALT can be used to switch from your default ammo to any ammo type that you've collected in the game so far. Today I'll be discussing the incendiary ammo.

The turret ammo will be obtained in level 5, the second to last level in the game. It is one of the most powerful weapons in the game, with the most expensive ammo.

The turret ammo allows you to shoot levitating turret bots that after being shot, wake up and shoot in 4 directions: up, down, left, and right.

The turrets self destruct after a few seconds, and allows for a max of 3 turrets being used at once. Once another turret is shot, the oldest one will self-destruct, to allow for the same balance every time.

I should also mention that your weapons don't have friendly fire. I will go more in-depth on friendly fire in another post about another feature.

The turret shoots bullets from your regular ammo type in all 4 directions, shooting up to about 20 bullets in each direction for a single turret's lifetime.

Soon I will cover more about the turret ammo in one of its many powerful upgrades.

That's all for today!! Stay tuned to see more devlog action!

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2016, 02:09:34 PM »

WE'VE BEEN GREENLIT DUDES!!!

Thanks so much for supporting us on steam greenlight! You guys are the best.

Hopefully I'll be able to get HALT out around December. It's only missing some cutscenes, refinement, and inventory items and secrets.

Also lately i've been working on the inventory. It's very applicable and has got a bunch of working items. I'm working on some sort of almost "crafting" system, which really just involves making really neat snacks in ur inventory with condiments

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2016, 10:28:54 AM »

Congrats on getting Greenlit! Smiley

Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2016, 11:03:04 AM »

gz on greenlight!
i will admit i hlapped voting Ninja

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2016, 06:45:21 AM »

Since we haven't posted in a while, I thought I might as well make a megapost about everything that's been going on lately

So after HALT got greenlit, I started thinking of other things that I might as well add to this game. I've decided to expand on the game's inventory system

Aside from cool snacks and condiments that you can collect in your inventory, there will also be documents. Things like evidence from crimes, letters, and all that stuff can be found throughout the game. They'll have a significant impact on the game's narrative, as they reveal details of the plot and characters' secrets!

There will be a room in the HUB that will allow you to store all your documents, as well as tools to research DNA and devices that can run tapes like VHS and cassettes.

I'm adding an extra background layer to all levels!

It makes the world look bigger and HALT's elaborate environment during the levels has always been one of the game's aims.

I've also improved the money!

I'm also doing plenty of work on cutscenes . These are the only sneak peaks I can give though

My babies lay...

Anyway, keep tuning in to see more and more progress, updates, features, and other cool stuff

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2016, 08:28:49 AM »

i can confirm that on my end the boss music is being worked on and it is both not what you're expecting and completely bananas

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic