Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:44:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHALT - Run’N’Gun Action Platforming - HERE WE GO AGAIN
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: HALT - Run’N’Gun Action Platforming - HERE WE GO AGAIN  (Read 15528 times)
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2017, 04:41:56 PM »

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the very long hiatus. I was very busy this year since it was my last year of highschool, and my schedule was completely filled up with school, applying and planning for college, and other important things.

I'm truly sorry for having such an inactive presence though. The year was sort of hectic so I wasn't really able to post, update, or catch you guys up.

However, I'm making a post right now explaining everything that I've worked on, what is changing, and what is being added/improved upon.

I've been adding a lot of content. From a large variety of inventory items like food and weapons that the player will be able to use in-game. The player will also be able to find items such as evidence, documents, or other miscellaneous items that they can sell, trade for other rewards, or view to get more info on the HALT world.

Like shown before, the inventory system provides plenty of food combinations through the different condiments that can be applied to food items. They affect how much the item will heal, and if the condiment has secondary effects, they will carry on through the new food item.

I've also been working on implementing the many ammo upgrades. The player will be able to find them either by secrets in levels, or by trading collectible items to NPC's in the department. After upgrading your ammo, the player will stick to it for the rest of the game.

And aside from that...

there's a whole lot more.

Including CO-OP

So I'd like to thank everyone for being patient, and once again sorry for the hiatus.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:28:32 PM by Vaaasm » Logged

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2017, 04:48:14 PM »

also: https://soundcloud.com/spellmynamewithabang/total-overkill-wip

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »

Animation of Chris on her phone

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2018, 11:32:38 AM »

Two giant bee robots

BEER on the right, and BEEP on the left

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2018, 01:08:15 PM »

that was a smooth ass year gap

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2018, 11:05:27 AM »

I've finally decided to make a new teaser, 2 years after the greenlight campaign trailer.

It's been so long since I've been able to consistently post about HALT online, and I feel like it's finally time to do it. These past two years have been a rollercoaster for me; at many times I wasn't able to work on HALT due to many roadblocks. I was required to take some time off to focus on my first year of college (now a life that I feel like I've adjusted to), my PC recently got damaged and I had to get money to fix it, but more importantly, the project had to be restarted due to Game Maker Studio's update to Game Maker Studio 2. The previous version of the game was rendered obsolete due to the new update.

However, this summer I was able to cram some work and take my PC with me to college, and I want to get back into the grind.

Thank you all so much for the support with the greenlight campaign, and I'm sorry for being inactive for so long. I'm excited to share with you all the new things I've done and the things I plan to add. I can't wait to see your reactions.

Oh and by the way, this is only the first teaser among many. Stay tuned!

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2018, 11:20:31 AM »

among the many new things being added to the game, the most significant ones are probably the new levels and enemies!

here's a clip of the new vegetable level! its all about these gmo veggies, which have taken an alien-like appearance

here u can see a big mushroom man. he's slow and unresponsive, until you shoot him too much and he goes into a frenzy

QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2018, 04:41:19 PM »

Looking pretty sweet! I dream of one day getting back into the grind myself.
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2018, 11:40:40 AM »

thanks! and yeah it's hard. but all in due time; i'm feeling hopeful, and maybe you can get back into the grind sooner than you think!

on another note, here's a gif i from about a month ago. was doing some stuff for an npc and dialogue system!

a shady man with existential thoughts!~

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2018, 12:19:18 PM »

Been a long couple of weeks but still going strong! I've been taking care of midterms at my school (which had me royally fucked) as well as some personal stuff

Lately I've done some boss stage-related work but I don't wanna show too much until get a few more stuff done. Here's some animations and sprite work I have done in respect to those though!

the eggplant boss! more deets on the new levels/bosses soon!

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2018, 06:28:47 AM »

decided i'd share some work i've done on a hub world map! shows you the locations, where things are in the world, and ur position on the map

also its got some purty icons and starry bg

any suggestions on what else I could add to the map?

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »

Gif of last week's screenshotsaturday I forgot to post! Re-working and re-designing the eyecipede (eyeball centipede haha) boss

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2018, 12:15:06 PM »

haven't been able to work on much stuff these past few days due to schoolwork, but here's another gif I recorded of the eyecipede boss

also here are some character drawings I've been doing lately!

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2018, 02:06:42 PM »

yesterday's screenshotsaturday! a brief clip showing some of the reworked parts of the Mr. Mouth boss fight. he now has more complex bullet patterns and his bombs have been switched to a giant green projectile charge.

the player must shoot at it with their ice ammo as it's charging in order to freeze the boss, or else the laser will be hurled at them!

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2019, 03:35:39 PM »

finally finished up all the attack patterns and movement for the eyecipede boss

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2019, 12:32:34 PM »

POO?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print