Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:22:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[RTS] Art of Guile
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [RTS] Art of Guile  (Read 727 times)
unphy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »

Art of Guile is work-in-progress RTS game with some unique features. It's current state is alpha and some visuals definitely will be changed.

Game Mechanics:
Mineral Points:
There are three type of minerals named DFT, U2, Cellandium. Mineral point that has green circle on it is DFT, has red circle is U2, has blue circle is Cellandium. You can capture these points by placing units near it. The progress will be displayed on the mineral position as percentage. When you capture the mineral position "Point Captured!" text will appear on the mineral position.

Producing Units:
You can adjust levels of three type minerals. The specific mineral tier that you put to units cannot exceed "Max Tier" research and the sum of the three mineral level cannot exceed "Max Total Tier" research. When you bring your mouse cursor on the unit that you want to produce, the cursor will change into green,red or blue scroll icon. When this icon appeared you can scroll to adjust mineral level. DFT (green one) will specify the unit's armor and health, U2 (red one) will specify damage and penetration point, Cellandium (blue one) will specify the speed of the unit. Every level of DFT and U2 will decrease the unit's speed.

Battle system:
Every shot and explosion has penetration point. That point is decreasing with distance from explosion point or distance from shot fired. When the unit's armor is enough, shots or explosions will not damage the unit. Every unit (except infantry) has its weak sides (Side and Rear). If you cannot penetrate a unit's armor you can try to hit with these sides. With alpha 1.7 critical hit system added. Units' can take damages from its tracks and engine. These damages will reduce the top speed of the unit.

I will answer all questions about the game.

You can join alpha tester steam group to follow news about the game.

Steam group Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/aogalpha#
Indiedb Link: http://www.indiedb.com/games/art-of-guile
Download Link (Alpha 1.7): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Xy7KvV1OJuSFBHRDJFNmhZSlk

AceOfAces_Mod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:02:21 AM »

OK, I haven't played much of it but here's some feedback:
-Why changing the debugger? I have Visual Studio installed and the change is alarming. I don't want conflicts on my laptop. It's also pointless, since the players don't have a debugging tool (except crackers or developers).
-Pretty few settings on the game settings, but lot's of them at the Engine Settings? I got confused.
-No music? I know that it's an alpha build, but a bit of music would make it more tolerable.
-Pathfinding works but for some reason, I have to double right click in order for the soldiers move.
-Captured a point, now  I get more resources? It doesn't make any sense. If it was say a mine it would make more sense.
-No save option? I was expecting that at least availiable.
-Return to Menu doesn't work. Why? Make sure that it works before releasing.
-Auto Engage may be useful, but I think it should be disabled by default (or have it as a global option).
unphy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:16:52 AM »

@AceOfAces_Mod Thank you for your feedback. Here is the answer:
1- Debugger changing is for bug reporting.  It can be very helpful for us to solve the bugs, if testers send the debug report.
2- There will be more options at the options menu soon.
3- We have not any musician. But, I think in the next release there will be a menu theme.
4- I will investigate your pathfinding issue.
5- Company of Heroes is using the same system. Why is it so weird? (Resource income issue)
6- Save option will be there. But now you can only play with one AI, and the games will not last too long. So we thought at this point, the save option is not prior.
7- We know it is not working. It is also written on the changelog. Yes you are right it can be removed. (Exit to main menu)
8- In general players want to auto engage their units to enemy by default. In other RTS games' units are auto engaging by default too. But global option is an interesting suggestion, we will consider about that.
unphy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 05:29:15 AM »

AoG Alpha 2.0 Released!

Alpha 2.0 (Previous version is 1.7)

Changes:
- All firing ranges and view ranges are reduced.
- Units' tier differences have reduced.
- Rank system added. (When you ranking up your units there is not any total or max tier restriction.)
- Powerplant can now be built in the others' power radius.
- Tier 2 is now usable without any researches.
- "Bloom" effect added.
- Fog of war is now darker.
- Main server system implemented. Players can find & join hosted games with using Join menu.
- AI support for multiplayer.
- Map selection system for both skirmish and multiplayer.
- Information about loading progress have been added to loading screen.
- Minimap improved.
- Maps have been updated.
- New particle effect system implemented.

You can submit your crash reports via this page:
bitbucket.org/aPieceOfCode/ogengine/issues

To download the game follow this link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Xy7KvV1OJuSDU0akoxWm4weW8
unphy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 10:44:53 AM »

Alpha 2.5 (Previous version is 2.0):

Changes:
- Overdrive, HEAT and rapidfire abilities added.
- Maps have updated. Nature environment visuals improved.

Fixes:
- A lot of chronic technical bugs fixed.

-> This version's improvements are mostly about technical issues of the game..
-> Our server is currently offline. It will be online again in 1-2 days. When the server is online there will be an announcement on the group page.

You can submit your crash reports via this page:
bitbucket.org/aPieceOfCode/ogengine/issues

To download the game follow this link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Xy7KvV1OJuYnBpa19maXpDc1E

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX_FEqpDwru8mgZOVosq1yg

Download NOTES:
1- If you are using "Edge" as explorer, it will prevent you to download this file. You have to use different explorers.
2- If you are using Windows 10 or 8 SmartScreen will prevent you to run the installer. When SmartScreen notification has appeared you have to click on the "More Info" and click the "Run Anyway" button.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic