Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:55:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsInflux, Couch Multiplayer Top Down Shooter (F4F)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Influx, Couch Multiplayer Top Down Shooter (F4F)  (Read 4882 times)
kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2015, 07:12:06 AM »

Influx

Let's bring back those fun times of calling your friends over and proceeding to beat the crap out of each other.

Team:
Richard Montes- Concept Art, Design
Héctor López- Concept Art
Kevin Montes- Programming, In-Game Art, Music

Current stage: Prototyping, preliminary assets.

---
Holiday project of my brother and I. Started from an improvisational programming run in which a box spawned bullets that bounced. A bit of tweaking and messing around brought us to this.

There are great things to come. Still at an early stage but have interesting features planned.

-Implemented so far:
2 Player Local Splitscreen
Basic 8 Directional Movement
Base for shooting mechanics
  Charged Shots (currently working on it)
Life and Ammo

----
What's F4F you may ask? It stands for Feedback for Feedback, a thing i grabbed from music production forums.
Everyone who feedback and critics the thread will also get feedback on their own thread.  Smiley The community needs more interaction and good intentions for all of us to grow.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:04:16 AM by kraed » Logged

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 01:54:38 PM »

Gameplay Plans
The current goal with gameplay is to go back to the splitscreen/local fun from back in the day. To put our headsets down and get people to share fun moments face to face. There is nothing better than laughing, shouting and having a blast while bringing friends together. For this reason we have considered for no online (for now).

The difference from today's generation is the great advancements in technology...tablets, smartphones, ec. So we intend to use this to our advantage and figure out a way to offer multiple options for controllers. A local splitscreen game in which your friends just connect to your home's wifi with their smartphone as gamepad and off they go, not having to go back to their house...look for a controller, bring their laptops or worse, having to buying a controller. You might have your laptop with you already, so why not use the keyboard and your own screen! Of course, gamepads will hopefully be implemented as well.

The idea with this is to bring friends together easier, faster, and more fun than ever before. What are your thoughts, TIG?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:50:57 AM by kraed » Logged

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 06:00:05 AM »

Art

My brother and I have always wanted to finish up a game. We all know it's tough. But after a good deal of 3-4 year of dev hobby I feel i've grown enough to give it more with this project. Learned a nice amount of Blender, Sculptris and Photoshop...will put it all to the test. A high school friend of mine will be tagging along as well. Both him and my brother come from a traditional approach to art: sketching, pencils, cartoon, watercolor...and i'm completely in the other spectrum: Blender, Flash, PS, Inkscape, etc. So let's see what comes out, hu? We envision a somewhat chunky and stylized look, take a peek at some design sketches.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:27:04 PM by kraed » Logged

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »

Sneak peek of tomorrow's Screenshot Saturday.

GIF of current movement

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »

Update with short "gameplay" vid. Basic splitscreen, movement and shooting mechanics implemented.
It has been a fun and steady process, will continue to iterate and add the other mechanics.

Will be working on charged shots next, the longer the shooting button is pressed the larger/more powerful the bullet will be. This will affect the way bullets interact with each other, walls and players.

Plenty of ideas have come up for stages, game modes and even modding, level editor/game mode editor but will continue to finish a basic, playable prototype before tackling those, Also will be working on using smartphones as controllers.

Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:39:09 PM by kraed » Logged

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 03:39:36 AM »

Implemented basic gamepad controls.

Last night had the first playtest session. Even as a prototype, it is starting to feel like a game. Had a good amount of fun and the crap kicked out of in my own game, 10-2.

Need to balance and add other mechanics since the gameplay can drift from what is intended with playing styles.

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 06:06:20 AM »

Currently reworking the bot models. A work in progress, final art style still undecided.

Some concept sketches below.

Kornel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 11:21:25 PM »

It's looking good, love the progress you made on it. Hope you are still working on it - don't give up!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic