Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:53:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsBusiness Cards
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Author Topic: Business Cards  (Read 61193 times)
Alexander Bruce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2010, 01:09:02 AM »

That logo makes a sweet image but is very hard to read. Took me a while to work out that it said "We are Colin", but confirmed it after looking at the email. Was very visually popping, but just difficult to read once you were caught.

CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2010, 02:11:14 AM »

Hey Colin! There isn't a single Colin in your team :D

John_wallFour
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2010, 12:30:18 AM »

Hey Colin! There isn't a single Colin in your team :D

Yeah - it started off as a weird Blackadder reference and kinda just stuck Smiley  We wanted a typically unusual name for what we do.  We nearly became Kevin instead!

That logo makes a sweet image but is very hard to read. Took me a while to work out that it said "We are Colin", but confirmed it after looking at the email. Was very visually popping, but just difficult to read once you were caught.

Thanks for the feedback.  I see your point.  I think because we've been looking at the logo for quite some time now - we've forgotten originally it was a bit awkward to read.  Wish I'd posted these up sooner.  Not sure they're going to make it in time anyhow - so will be my day-job business cards instead.

Cheers

wallFour.co.uk
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2010, 12:17:12 PM »

I decided to cut blank cards and do live shows drawing them. yo

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2010, 01:56:58 PM »

Got my new set of cards from overnightprints.com yesterday, they didnt butcher them this time:

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2010, 04:39:03 PM »

Yay, my business cards from overnightprints.com came today... that's a relief ^_^  They turned out really nicely.

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Crackerblocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2010, 09:18:13 PM »

on the fence about this one. I really like jwaap's idea.
Alexander Bruce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2010, 12:29:41 AM »

Are you sure you want to do live shows drawing business cards for people who just want to exchange their card?

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »

Just arrived today! I feel much more prepared for GDC now.

twitter: @docky
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: March 05, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »

That's awesome.  I want one. Smiley

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
bigpants
Level 1

hi there, i'm happy mister bigpants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2010, 06:37:02 PM »

Front

Back

Last year, the tagline read "We wear pants" which wasn't accurate.
This year, I'm attending with main gal. Changes were made.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:40:19 PM by bigpants » Logged

Twitter   B-Game   Demake  
one of us wears pants
increpare
« Reply #251 on: March 05, 2010, 06:52:33 PM »

Dock I like your card, as do my housemates : )
Cagey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: March 07, 2010, 03:54:36 AM »

awesome

Last year, the tagline read "We wear pants" which wasn't accurate.
This year, I'm attending with main gal. Changes were made.[/center]

I love that fact your title is "main guy". Nice card!

RichVreeland
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2010, 09:40:20 AM »

two years running! kinda wanting to throw the twitter on there though, and perhaps make it seem less ... mercenary

also, last year I brought way too many cards. like 500. this year i brought about 30 and one day in im almost out. Sad
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »

So I might have gone a little overboard, but I made a set of 49 drawings in a style I invented (I think) about 10 years back or so. I then taped a cheapy Staples printed card to the back of each, and I was handing them out at the con. Here's the entire set:

Figured they would be more memorable if each had its own unique little pic like that.  Cool

EDIT: In case the first three are hard to see, here's a link to the photobucket album
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:56:33 PM by Destral » Logged

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Fauxfox
Level 0

Never knows best!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2010, 03:33:58 AM »

Destral very cool cards, yea my brother used to draw the same kinda things accept he didn't do images he'd just fill an entire page of randomness ;p

RichVreeland
« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2010, 09:39:09 PM »

So I might have gone a little overboard, but I made a set of 49 drawings in a style I invented (I think) about 10 years back or so. I then taped a cheapy Staples printed card to the back of each, and I was handing them out at the con. Here's the entire set:

Figured they would be more memorable if each had its own unique little pic like that.  Cool

EDIT: In case the first three are hard to see, here's a link to the photobucket album

I was lucky enough to get one of these <3

So very cool! I'm inspired to put this kind of effort into something for next year.
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2010, 12:44:23 AM »

These were my cards. I got them through Vistaprint which does not round corners.  Had to punch out the corners by hand and thankfully aeiowu wanted to do all of them  Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right  I also made some laser monster figurines out of sculpey.

My post GDC biz card collection.  Each one = 1 new friend  Kiss

PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2010, 02:36:39 AM »

Cool, what did you use to punch the round corners?

More cards.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
UOK Games
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »

The best business cards our plain. Shocking? Well the reason I say this is because you want something uniformed. Easy to read and easy to understand. A easy way to make business cards if your cheap is resume paper. Not the cheap paper you use for printing docs. Resume paper is fairly thick. Or you can go down to your local printing shop. Normal charge 50 bucks for a couple hundred cards. An to answer the question how many do you need? You can never have to many. When I first started my business. I sent mine out with xmas cards to family.

Now family of course is going to support you. However, they will take the cards to work and hand them out. For exsample. When I started this company. I did PC repair. Then I moved into online only tech support. Now I make games. Kinda a far step from where I started. But opertunity cane a knocking. So I hope that helps.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic