Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:32:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSuper Sportmatchen - released on Nintendo Switch & Steam!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Super Sportmatchen - released on Nintendo Switch & Steam!  (Read 11482 times)
bauer
Level 1

Codes games & makes music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 04:37:59 AM »

I cannot wait to get my hands on this. What platforms do you guys plan to release S.S.M. on?

Edit: I have more than one hand.

Hey M4uesviecr, thanks a lot! Beer!

Nothing has really been decided yet, but we will do our best to get it out to as many platforms as we see fit (the obvious ones being Steam, PS4, Xbox One and Switch). The engine is made by myself and I'm currently restructuring the "let's see where this goes"-version of it into a more future proof engine with a multi-platform support plan from the start.

So far the work on the new engine has been going really great (I should write a post about it soon) and we're currently at like 80% of the feature set in the old engine but in a much much nicer and cleaner way. The compile time for example has gone from ~3-5 minutes down to 1-2 seconds for a full rebuild (compiled as a single translation unit and careful planning of includes!). Our plan is to start porting this to our initial (yet undecided) platform in approximately a month or so. There's still some chunks of gameplay coding left to do, some additional playable characters, music, etc but the plan is to get started on porting while those things are falling into place.

bauer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 01:56:00 AM »

Back from GDC! It was a sweet week filled with inspirational talks and meeting with other developers, both indies and others alike. Just being in that bubble and atmosphere felt like an injection of new energy and I'm thrilled to be back to work on the game now! Though it was almost too packed with interesting stuff, a bunch of talks I wanted to go to ended up being scheduled on the same time which was a bummer and there was so much interesting stuff on the various expos (TrainJam, Day of the Devs, Indie megabooth, etc) that it just felt impossible to have time to take it all in. Could easily be expanded to two weeks. In the end though I can't complain, a week with awesome and like-minded people and great weather (haven't seen sunshine before in like 4 months) has filled my mind and soul with new gamedev energy! Beer!

On the development side of things, it's been moving forwards nicely! We've been able to finalize Climbing and also add a bunch of improvements and minor additions here and there, it's really starting to feel like a polished game more and more. The new engine is 100% functionable though I have to go through and modify some of the old Lua gameplay code and some assets, because I did some "improvements". Smiley The music however has been stagnant for a while, I haven't found the inspiration to come up with some cool tunes yet. Hopefully it will loosen up soon now that the engine work is getting completed.

That's it for today, should be back soon with another update! Beer!

bauer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 10:34:33 AM »

As of today, the game has finally been released on Nintendo Switch and Steam! Woooooho!

We've made a release trailer that you can check out here:

It has surely been an uphill battle the last 6-9 months with a lot of IRL obstacles coming in our part-time way but now it's such an incredible feeling to be able to say that it is released! During the last year, babies have been born, apartments have been moved out of and into, daytime jobs have been switched.. making a game in your spare time is a pretty daunting task but it's also so rewarding when you have time to tinker with it and seeing it slowly come to life.

Please check out www.sportmatchen.com for more info about the game and please let me know if you have any questions! I will now go and lay down for a couple of days! Beer!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 10:55:36 AM »

That trailer definitely got me interested. Definitely up for a quick and easy local multiplayer game on my Switch, so I think I'll be checking it out!

Is it on the store right now?

bauer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 05:52:35 AM »

Thank you so much and, means a lot! Beer!

It's available on Nintendo Switch in the American and Japanese stores, the European / Australian version is coming out next Friday (June 1st).

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 07:21:34 AM »

Aww I have to wait Sad

Never mind I'll be getting it on the 1st! Hope the launch goes well for you  Beer!

bauer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 01:22:11 AM »

Sorry! The initial plan was for a simultaneous release across the globe but we encountered some slight trouble with the EU eShop which caused the delay. Thank you so much for the support, I really hope you'll enjoy it! Beer!

bauer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 02:41:21 AM »

The European release for Nintendo Switch is incoming! Beer!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 02:51:13 AM »

Good luck with launch!

bauer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 02:33:57 AM »

Thank you so much! <3

bauer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 03:23:27 AM »

A small update, about a week after the game was released:
- Sales are very slow, but somewhat steady day-to-day.
- Switch sales are currently at 95% of total sales, the Steam release has barely been noticed. Makes sense though since the game is a couch experience.

The game is performing very well stability wise which feels great, there's no panic to get crash fixes out asap.

We're however currently preparing a small patch that will tackle a couple of smaller issues:
- Font/text handling for player names with weird unicode characters that don't exist in the font.
- Some menu layout fixes.
- A few small localization fixes.
- AI improvements, both in terms of how they behave but also adding difficulty settings.

We've received a few reviews:
https://www.bonusstage.co.uk/2018/06/02/super-sportmatchen-review/
http://pixelbedlam.co.uk/super-sportmatchen-nintendo-switch-review/
https://www.geekyhobbies.com/super-sportmatchen-indie-game-review/
https://www.gamenchickgaming.com/blog/super-sportmatchen-review-switch

All of the feedback we've received indicates that people seem to be enjoying the game a lot and the game is stable and performing well, but as expected our main issue is visibility, there's no surprise that getting it in front of people takes a lot of work. Since we've worked on the game during our spare time we haven't had time (or mostly the energy I guess) to do that prior to release, we're doing what we can now but I think we've all come to realize just how important it is to have a following prior to release. It's definitely something we'll be focusing on more for the future! Beer!

bauer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 11:44:55 AM »

Got a really fun and informative Let's play video from the cool people at GameXplain! By far the biggest notice we've received yet! Beer!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic