Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:30:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Animated tile artist for JRPG game, 64x64 tiles
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Animated tile artist for JRPG game, 64x64 tiles  (Read 833 times)
dragonslumber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2016, 09:36:46 PM »

Please read this ad in full before applying, in order to ensure that you are able to do the work.
Hi.  My name is Kevin Giguère and I'm the founder of Dragon Slumber, an indie game development company.  I have over 10 years of programming experience, 3 of those years being spent in a small game development company as a programmer which I had to leave due to downsizing.

For the past 3 years, I have been working on Arelite Core, a commercial JRPG styled game for Windows, which mixes traditional design with a modern presentation.  The game was developed from the ground up and aims to take the best of old games, like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger, and mix it with modern day design sensibilities.  You can discover more about the game at www.arelitecore.com.

Who I'm looking for
I am looking for an artist to create animated pixel art tiles for various sections of the game. The elements include fog, water, and may also include solid objects with rotations such as gears seen in perspective. Note that the game uses 64x64 tiles and characters are 64x128. The artist will have guidelines for some elements, but will also be required to bring his own creativity to the table. Additionally, since some tiles have already been produced, the artist will be required to match that style. Examples of what has been produced can be found at http://www.arelitecore.com.

Relevant examples of your work will be required.

More about the game
For this JRPG, I am aiming for about 8-10 hours of story-driven gameplay.  There are 6 playable characters, with an animation range around similar to Final Fantasy VI (ie, 3rd person fights with sprites and emotion animations during story).  We have a vast world with different cultures and races, as well as over 100 unique monsters planned.  Stylistically, we're aiming towards Final Fantasy VI, with a slightly gritty style and mature themes.  It's also our baseline for general quality, visuals, battle presentation and so forth.

And finally
When you present your offer, please provide your fees and examples of your work.  Fees should be presented per tile animation frame (one 64x64 block). This job offer will be open until January 16th, please don't apply after that date.  You may contact me at any time by e-mail at [email protected], or by Skype at ds_kevingiguere.  Those two methods will be the only methods of communcation accepted for the job.

I look forward to hearing from you.

E-Mail: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DragonSlumberGames
Twitter: @dragon_slumber

Arelite Core, coming to a PC near you (hopefully yours) in 2015, www.arelitecore.com
sodap
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:54:39 AM »

I am a bit confused, you ask for animated pixelart tiles, but the samples I've seen on the website are not really what I'd call pixel art. Do you just mean animated 2d tiles?

dragonslumber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 11:01:09 AM »

I'm not an artist, and I thought that style would be considered pixel art, but really what I'm looking for is to have an animated version of tiles which I would provide, which follow the examples on arelitecore.com, and in some cases produce new tiles in that same style which would also need to be animated.

Arelite Core, coming to a PC near you (hopefully yours) in 2015, www.arelitecore.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic