Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412067 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58483 Members - Latest Member: Exye

June 24, 2024, 09:35:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations2D Artist/Animator Needed (Paid)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D Artist/Animator Needed (Paid)  (Read 525 times)
Nogbit
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:40:15 PM »

I'm looking for an artist who has a great command of color theory, illustration and animation...all 2D.  This game is a top down 2D Sci-Fi PDL, similar to Binding of Isaac but only in the context of it being a top down PDL.  There is more character work to be done than there is environment art, so you should have no problem there and be able to animate (moving colors is probably more important than just moving sprites depending on the art style…see below).  The character art should lean way more towards the organic than the industrial/mechanical, and, should lean more towards the grotesque and zany than the realistic.  You will have a lot of creative freedom with this project.  The animations should not be generic and should be just as unique as your art style, aliens come in all shapes and sizes!

A little about me.  I've made 4 mobile games (two of which have done me very well) for WP7 when it first came out http://cheesezombiegames.com.  I've been a programmer for about 15 years and currently lead/manage a team of them at work.  I've used Unity3D as a hobby for some time and have a ton of experience with C# and FOSS.

Next steps (send me a message with the following if you are interested)
  • Let me know your rates, I want to budget out the entire project, you can exchange a percentage of pay for revenue share...but that is an option for you...as the subject line says, this is a paid gig regardless if you don't want revenue share.
  • Send me some of your work or where I can find it
  • Let me know if you prefer a lot of direction or creative freedom to come up with your own characters, I have a lot of ideas to get you rolling.
  • Let me know your availability and how many hrs you can do per week

A little more info about the game.  It will have about 5 themed chapters.  These chapters are the environment that the player is playing in, so the characters should have a consistent aesthetic within the chapter, but not necessarily full cohesiveness between chapters (Mountains/Forest, Barrens, Swamps, Artic, Elemental).  The main player is a spaceman/woman (gender will never be known) in a spacesuit.  I'm leaning towards a little more zoomed out like these bottom two from Tiny Wizard vs. Binding of Isaac's zoom level.  This will enable more characters on the screen at once and a dynamic environment/obstacles with very intense action, so keep that in mind as your characters will be smaller.   The goal is to first build a community here on Tig Forums and then take it to Steam, and if I'm lucky one day to consoles and beyond so you should be comfortable having your art visible in early stages of gameplay.

Some art that I like and have in mind for this game

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic