Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:16:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTraffic Race 3D 2 out on Android, Windows Phone & Windows Store
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Traffic Race 3D 2 out on Android, Windows Phone & Windows Store  (Read 741 times)
Dweebster
« on: January 05, 2016, 01:37:58 PM »

Hey everyone!

Wow been years since I last posted here but everything looks the same Smiley

I've been busy working on Traffic Race 3D 2 with improved graphics and gameplay.

I'd like to get some general feedback what you think about the game and how it can be improved further, don't be shy let me know what you really think!

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.casualgames.nu.TrafficRace3D2&referrer=utm_source%3Dtigforum%26utm_campaign%3Dtigforum

Windows Phone & Windows store
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/traffic-race-3d-2/9wzdncrfj3fc?cid=tigforums

GameJolt
http://gamejolt.com/games/traffic-race-3d-2/106559

Or just have a look at youtube

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:40:21 AM by Dweebster » Logged
Dweebster
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 03:31:31 PM »

Happy Friday!

We've updated Traffic Race 3D 2 with an Endless racing mode inspired by Traffic Race 3D 1.

Its not your ordinary Endless Racer because you won't die when you crash, you can just keep going and cause mayham.
Your car will however take damage but you will be able to sustain a number of crashes.

Try it out!

This is also new:
v1.5.4
* New Feature: Endless game mode Smiley
* New Feature: damage system
* Improved: Better audio when passing checkpoints
* Improved: Performance improvement = Better FPS on mobile devices, especially on Windows Phone
* Improved: AI tweeked, AI cars can now reverse if they are stuck
* Improved: Mobile touch input = Easier to steer cars with touch
* Improved: Cars have better grip on grass and sand
* Fixed bug: AI spawned to low causing them to flip over on City level
Dweebster
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 04:15:46 PM »

Join the fun, this is why you should try Traffic Race 3D 2 Online

Dweebster
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:04:10 PM »

I'm happy to let you know that Traffic Race 3D 2 has received a new major update with support for 4 players online Smiley If all goes well we can even push it to 6 in the future. All cars has been tweaked for better performance and controls. Check it out and take it for a spin!

monsterfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 02:04:36 AM »

Good to see a true racer instead of simply more endless road style games.
monsterfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 04:32:06 AM »

Wanted to give you some feedback about the game.

Firstly its a pretty cool game and it doesn't have too much advertising which is awesome. Graphically it looks ok although it would be nice if you could get a little sheen on the cars maybe.

The handling is fun, engine sounds are ok, although I found it a little annoying because when I was in top down view it made the sound of my car much lower than normal. The endless traffic level gets boring pretty quickly as there is not much going on, I like how the traffic keep crashing in front, although I think its a shame that you just added walls in the middle of the road.

All levels apart from the endless highway one are great fun to play. I have ran out of levels now as completed all of them, but looking forward to more as I have only unlocked the mini so far.

A couple of odd bugs, I was so sure I saw brake lights on the first car, but then oddly I only ever saw them on my first try, on my LG G3 I went into the setting while driving and went to alter the quality, the game just showed a blue screen and it was some time before it kicked back out of it and into the game.

That's it so far, but good game and looking forward to some updates.
Dweebster
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 11:33:59 AM »

Good to see a true racer instead of simply more endless road style games.

Hey thanks Smiley
Dweebster
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 11:36:16 AM »

Yes this game is still alive Smiley

Sorry about the lack of updates and posts, been busy working on this update.

In this update I’ve added support for up to 6 players online which is enough to cause proper mayhem which is the goal!

A new endless level with traffic in 2 directions is included and I’m working on a single lane endless level too.

Take the new car for a ride while you’re at it!

Here is the rest of the news in this update:
v1.6.1
* New Feature: Added support for 6 simultaneous players in online races
* New Feature: Added new Endless Free way level with 2 lanes and two way traffic.
* New Feature: Added push notifications.
* Improved: Car damage is active on regular races too now.
* Improved: New AI cars.
* Improved: Increased AI speed on Endless levels.
* Improved: Made the game harder to complete = more stars are required for levels after level #4.
* Bug: Fixed Resize issue on larger screens on other games screen.
Dweebster
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 11:40:02 AM »

Wanted to give you some feedback about the game.

Firstly its a pretty cool game and it doesn't have too much advertising which is awesome. Graphically it looks ok although it would be nice if you could get a little sheen on the cars maybe.

The handling is fun, engine sounds are ok, although I found it a little annoying because when I was in top down view it made the sound of my car much lower than normal. The endless traffic level gets boring pretty quickly as there is not much going on, I like how the traffic keep crashing in front, although I think its a shame that you just added walls in the middle of the road.

All levels apart from the endless highway one are great fun to play. I have ran out of levels now as completed all of them, but looking forward to more as I have only unlocked the mini so far.

A couple of odd bugs, I was so sure I saw brake lights on the first car, but then oddly I only ever saw them on my first try, on my LG G3 I went into the setting while driving and went to alter the quality, the game just showed a blue screen and it was some time before it kicked back out of it and into the game.

That's it so far, but good game and looking forward to some updates.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm happy you liked it but on the latest update I had to add some more ads but I'm still trying to keep it to a minimal. Let me know what you think once you update.

I've added a new Endless level which is a bit more busy but I will also work on adding more content to the endless levels to make it more exciting, right now I agree with you it does get a bit boring after a while.

The blue screen issue is a Unity bug which I'm hoping they will fix. The workaround is to restart the level if it happens. In the new update High and Full quality setting has break lights on the cars.
olegwebs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 01:43:07 AM »

Cars are looked as plastic, you need to add glitter or stylize toy cars
dishmoth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 02:09:02 PM »

A technical point to start with:  I tried playing around in the settings menu during the game, and when I changed the Graphics mode, the screen went blank.  I quit the race (the menus all still worked) and tried to start a new one, but that seemed to just hang the game.  Everything was fine after quitting the app and restarting though.

I didn't have any technical problems aside from that.

I only played single-player (on Android) but had a decent bit of fun with that.

Personally I preferred the endless highway to the race tracks, although a lot seems to depend on which way you end up pointing after a crash.  One thing that spoilt the fun a little was getting into a jam immediately after a checkpoint and knowing that there's no chance of reaching the next checkpoint in time, despite still having 20+ seconds on the clock.  It's a pity there's no way to recover in that sort of situation.

The physics of cars bouncing around is good entertainment.  Any chance you could knock around the trees (and the buildings?!) in a similar way?
Dweebster
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 10:21:15 AM »

Hi!

Sorry for the very late reply, just noticed this :/

There is a bug in the software that I use causing this glitch, until Unity resolves it I've disabled that option.

Bouncing is fun and I'll see what I can do about your request. Check out the update released today with a new endless level Shocked)
Dweebster
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 10:24:15 AM »

Wohoo!

New update available with new endless level.

Give it a try!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.casualgames.nu.TrafficRace3D2
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic