Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:35:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTiny Thor
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Tiny Thor  (Read 26330 times)
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2020, 01:12:49 PM »

Yikessss! Spikes!!!

Watch a more challenging gameplay situation in this video, where Tiny has to avoid lots of Spikes while falling into the deep. What will await him at the bottom?

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »

Here is a brand new section of our game Tiny Thor where our hero encounters a mysterious cube: A place which unveils quite a few secrets... Wink

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2020, 03:41:10 AM »

Nice!

(Did you change the camera behavior? Looks much more calm than before)
fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2020, 10:27:56 PM »

Here is a brand new section of our game Tiny Thor where our hero encounters a mysterious cube: A place which unveils quite a few secrets... Wink

The water probably needs to be transparent and layered above the crate/switches. It's fine on its own, but the crate bobbing up and down without seeing any water seems a bit weird.

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2020, 09:41:07 AM »

The water probably needs to be transparent and layered above the crate/switches. It's fine on its own, but the crate bobbing up and down without seeing any water seems a bit weird.

Yeah, you're right. We still have lots of small visual issues in the game and at some time we need to take the time to take care of it...

Anyway, here is a new feature we're currently working on. Wind Zones. Have already played around with it a little and also have some nice ideas we want to try with them (combats inside wind zones, puzzles with crates/wind zones involved, crates you can spawn wind zones etc.)

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2020, 08:36:02 AM »

Well, that's what early feedback from people like us is for: to help you spot those things Wink

Love the new preview!
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2020, 12:37:14 PM »

Wishlisted! Cute game which I can play with my son on TV with controller. Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Right

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2020, 03:33:04 AM »

Thanks!

Here is a new a first preview of the new high speed sliding passages we're currently working on:

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2020, 04:02:00 AM »

Nice! The spikes do leave me wondering though: what is the dying/retry loop like? Because so far the gameplay looks quite brutal, requiring quick reflexes to unexpected level layout, so if that dying/restarting loop isn't smooth and not-too-frustrating you'll lose a lot of players quickly I think
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2020, 04:27:42 AM »

To be honest, I'm usually showing off the most difficult parts of the levels (because they just look more interessting in videos) - most of the time it's just more relaxed.

However, we try to put lots of checkpoints in the game especially before the hard parts. And dying/respawning is nearly instantaneous.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2020, 07:10:56 AM »

Ah, that makes sense! Smiley Does have the side effect of making the game look like a constant challenge though Wink
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »

Cool vid! Cool Looking forward for more.

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2020, 05:29:37 AM »

This is the start of Level 19. It seems that the bats have agreed with the statues to defeat our hero Tiny Thor.

We also have now a discord. Feel free to join: https://discord.gg/bXHrrwZ
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:13:44 AM by JoeManaco » Logged

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2020, 04:09:27 PM »

Looking great as always! I really like the rising stone things. Very cool enemy-entity thing.

About the difficulty. I'm on 'team easy'! I grew up with hard games and my preference right now is for easy games I can enjoy with little to no repetition. But I disagree you would lose too many players with a hard game; there is great demand for hard games lately! My suggestion is to go for the game you would want to play yourself, because there's an audience either way.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2020, 04:07:36 AM »

I agree, make the game you'd like to play! But I think it is reasonable to discuss whether the game feels "fair" or "unfair" on the high difficulty levels, you know? Insta-death that you cannot not see ahead of time can become a source or unfair-feeling difficulty. Super Meat Boy or Celeste on the other hand are quite fair in their high difficulty levels
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2020, 12:20:21 PM »

I agree, make the game you'd like to play! But I think it is reasonable to discuss whether the game feels "fair" or "unfair" on the high difficulty levels, you know? Insta-death that you cannot not see ahead of time can become a source or unfair-feeling difficulty. Super Meat Boy or Celeste on the other hand are quite fair in their high difficulty levels

I think this is a good point, it's ok to be challenging but I do occasionally get that unfair feeling from watching the gameplay videos. The most obvious recent example I can find is in this video where the gems seem to be placed above spikes to bait the player into landing on them, which comes across as a bit mean.

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2020, 11:35:04 PM »

Have a peek behind the brand new Ice Fortress Tileset for our game Tiny Thor!

ChaoticEdge
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2020, 11:12:11 PM »

Looks fantastic! I can't wait to play this

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2020, 04:27:54 AM »

That loos appropriately frosty. I guess we're going to see Ice Giants too? Wink
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2020, 12:50:49 AM »

For once Tiny is not jumping and throwing things, but instead chills on the lakeside with some new critters Wink

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic