Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 06:34:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTiny Thor
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Tiny Thor  (Read 26313 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2020, 02:51:13 AM »

For once Tiny is not jumping and throwing things, but instead chills on the lakeside with some new critters Wink

Cute Smiley
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2020, 11:13:46 AM »

Here is a preview of our new Boss Fight against a kraken. He obviously doesn't like it when cheeky boys jumping around on his head.

Still a little bit rough around the edges, but we hope you like it anyway.

The background music is a temporary track that was written by Chris Hülsbeck for his Patreon Project. You should go and check it out here: https://www.patreon.com/chris_huelsbeck

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »

Looks great! Do you have some estimation for release date? And will it run on Intel IGP okay-ish? (I'll have 2C4T Skylake connected to TV in living room with Xbox controller so me and my son can play not demanding games on it).

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2020, 04:39:36 AM »

Nice detail with the proper cephalopod irises! Blink Blink
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2020, 12:26:45 AM »

Looks great! Do you have some estimation for release date? And will it run on Intel IGP okay-ish? (I'll have 2C4T Skylake connected to TV in living room with Xbox controller so me and my son can play not demanding games on it).

Yes, I think the game should run on most low end machines, too. We don't have an exact release date yet. Probably sometimes in Q2 in 2021.

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2020, 12:27:14 AM »

Here is a first look at our latest feature. The basic idea is very simple: Tiny (and also his hammer) can toggle blocks on and off, but this makes up for some pretty interesting puzzles and situations.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2020, 08:50:39 AM »

Nice! Also the box "hovering" on a bouncing hammer is cool!

Just an FYI: that shade of pink is pretty completely camouflaged in the background for my kind of red-green color blindness. I think a simple subtle color-contrasting glow aura could fix that, then you don't have to compromise the palette or worry about any type of color blindness any more.
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2020, 10:56:20 AM »

Good
Just an FYI: that shade of pink is pretty completely camouflaged in the background for my kind of red-green color blindness. I think a simple subtle color-contrasting glow aura could fix that, then you don't have to compromise the palette or worry about any type of color blindness any more.

Good point. I've just added a task in our trello board Wink

Do you know of any tool, where we can simulate how color blindness people see stuff (a shader would be the best, but a tool where it converts images would also be good enough) - so we can go through all graphics and check them?

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2020, 01:37:37 PM »

Nice video as always. Looking forward for more updates. Kiss

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »

This works pretty well for me on websites:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lets-get-color-blind/bkdgdianpkfahpkmphgehigalpighjck

There are also apps on phones you could try, but then you'd have to point them at your screen all the time Wink
fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2020, 07:47:23 AM »

Here is a first look at our latest feature. The basic idea is very simple: Tiny (and also his hammer) can toggle blocks on and off, but this makes up for some pretty interesting puzzles and situations.

Like the box bouncing but wonder how players can be taught/lead to do that.

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »

What are these strange ice vortexes for? Tiny Thor should throw his hammer in to find out.  Cheesy

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2020, 01:36:46 PM »

That is a very cool game mechanic, although I don't think the graphics really give me a hint that I should throw the hammer at it. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how one would communicate that with graphics alone anyway

How do you plan to teach the players this?
vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2020, 04:51:41 PM »

Niceeyy. Yeah, I also think this is cool mechanics. I have impression that despite of childie looking main protagonist, this will be quite hard-core platformer, right?

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2020, 01:33:15 AM »

That is a very cool game mechanic, although I don't think the graphics really give me a hint that I should throw the hammer at it. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how one would communicate that with graphics alone anyway

How do you plan to teach the players this?

We have not playtested it yet, but the idea is to introduce it with a very very simple situation. Because the hammer is the main mechanic of the game, and it's introduced very late in the game I think the player will do it intentionally.

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2020, 01:34:56 AM »

Niceeyy. Yeah, I also think this is cool mechanics. I have impression that despite of childie looking main protagonist, this will be quite hard-core platformer, right?

Thanks. It's probably not as challenging as for example Celeste, but there will be some challenging situations and we have optional levels who are very, very hardcore. Asides from that, we often post videos of the hardest parts because they just look good in videos Smiley

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2020, 07:17:51 AM »

A new spooky enemy  Shocked

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2020, 10:32:35 AM »

Uuuuuuu, seems like Soma + Resident Evil + Outlast level of spooky-ness. Grin Great animation as always! Gentleman

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2021, 03:57:57 AM »

Uuuuuuu, seems like Soma + Resident Evil + Outlast level of spooky-ness. Grin Great animation as always! Gentleman

Thanks again Smiley

Here is a new feature. The Jelly Crate. It's a little bit wobbly but could be of some good usage for our hero. We don't have any situations designed yet, so this video just shows how the feature works. Now we have to come up with some interesting level design situation.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2021, 07:57:41 AM »

So many game mechanic ideas! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic