Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:25:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTiny Thor
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Author Topic: Tiny Thor  (Read 26336 times)
Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2021, 03:45:42 PM »

Surprised I haven't seen this before? Looks polished and fun.

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2021, 06:28:57 AM »

Thank you

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2021, 03:05:25 AM »

Welcome to the queen's quarters. Many honey collectors seem to be humming around over here. Can Tiny fight his way through to the last encounter with the glamorous queen bee lady?

xegnma
Level 0

Nelf

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2021, 05:18:38 PM »

Can we expect a teleport upgrade (throws hammer in a given direction and teleport to the hammer's position after a delay)? Or is that too OP?
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2021, 12:45:53 AM »

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEEEEEEES!!!

I mean ehm, nice update!
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2021, 11:59:43 PM »

This is the progress map for Tiny Thor. This part shows the first world, Midgard, with two more zones to come.

BTW: Next week we're dropping the first public demo at the Steam Next Festival.

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2021, 12:02:25 AM »

Can we expect a teleport upgrade (throws hammer in a given direction and teleport to the hammer's position after a delay)? Or is that too OP?

We've played around with it a little bit some time ago, as well as with flying with the hammer. But couldn't nail it down to something interesting. Would love to explore those ideas further (but probably not before Tiny Thor 2 Cheesy)

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2021, 07:12:27 AM »

That world map looks amazing
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2021, 10:50:52 PM »

Cool, I love that map too Smiley Good luck for the Steam festival!

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2021, 12:29:36 PM »

Cool, I love that map too Smiley Good luck for the Steam festival!

Thanks. The last days were pretty exhausting (Why do all the bugs sleep in the code fore years just to pop up two days before you want to release a public demo)Huh?Mock Anger

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2021, 09:31:36 PM »

Thanks. The last days were pretty exhausting (Why do all the bugs sleep in the code fore years just to pop up two days before you want to release a public demo)Huh?Mock Anger

Hahaha, I feel you. "I implemented it and tested it in the one situation I implemented it for. I'm sure everything is fine." Wink

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2021, 02:06:09 AM »

Congrats on the demo! I do feel like it shows too little of the more interesting mechanics of the game. I have to show my viewers a few devlog videos after streaming the demo to convince them that the game isn't just a run-of-the-mill SNES/mid-90 action game with a ricocheting hammer. If that's going to be the first few levels of the game (which I expect it to be, since there aren't any new mechanics introduced), I wonder if it might feel too slow for the whole game, or if the whole game will feel super long.

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2021, 02:51:04 AM »

Why do all the bugs sleep in the code fore years just to pop up two days before you want to release a public demo
Getting a little too real there
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2021, 03:38:24 PM »

Congrats on the demo! I do feel like it shows too little of the more interesting mechanics of the game. I have to show my viewers a few devlog videos after streaming the demo to convince them that the game isn't just a run-of-the-mill SNES/mid-90 action game with a ricocheting hammer. If that's going to be the first few levels of the game (which I expect it to be, since there aren't any new mechanics introduced), I wonder if it might feel too slow for the whole game, or if the whole game will feel super long.

We were really unsure on how much we want to put in the demo. In the end we've decided to make it short and show the beginning because we're were a little bit afraid of people don't getting it, and we also wanted to do fast updates if feedback/suggestions popped up, and that would be harder if there's more content to it. But we will keep the demo after the festival and expand it step by step.

Yes, you're right that this is basically the beginning of the game like it is right now. You might be right, that it feels like a SNES Game but with a richocheting hammer, and to a given extent this is intended. Indeed we aimed for that feeling like "Okay, it's a retro platformer but with a hammer". And as the player progresses through the game he feels like "oh.... i can also do this with the hammer" ... "... and this ...." and so on.

BTW: What's your channel? I've watched lots of lets plays and streams and took lots of notes of what I think could be improved after observing those videos, so that always helps....

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2021, 07:57:35 PM »

We were really unsure on how much we want to put in the demo. In the end we've decided to make it short and show the beginning because we're were a little bit afraid of people don't getting it, and we also wanted to do fast updates if feedback/suggestions popped up, and that would be harder if there's more content to it. But we will keep the demo after the festival and expand it step by step.

Yes, you're right that this is basically the beginning of the game like it is right now. You might be right, that it feels like a SNES Game but with a richocheting hammer, and to a given extent this is intended. Indeed we aimed for that feeling like "Okay, it's a retro platformer but with a hammer". And as the player progresses through the game he feels like "oh.... i can also do this with the hammer" ... "... and this ...." and so on.

BTW: What's your channel? I've watched lots of lets plays and streams and took lots of notes of what I think could be improved after observing those videos, so that always helps....

I think there's always the risk that players might lose interest without seeing more interesting stuff early on, since there's lots of retro games in the scene right now. To be fair the first trailer did do a good job at showcasing more stuff, so the issue will mostly only affect viewers of a playthrough (or anyone who play the demo blind - unlikely but hey).
I stream in Chinese so there's probably not much to gain from without knowing the language. You can check the link and watch 126:30 - 154:30 if you want: https://live.bilibili.com/record/R1Ex411F7be

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »

These are a few impression of another boss fight of our upcoming game Tiny Thor: Welcome, queen bee lady. You shouldn't be fooled by her cute appearance.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2021, 07:35:42 AM »

The bee formations make me wonder if there will be break-out/arkanoid style bonus levels Tongue
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2021, 12:41:33 PM »

The bee formations make me wonder if there will be break-out/arkanoid style bonus levels Tongue

We have both some break-out-ish elements in the levels as well as a (secret) arkanoid bonus level Smiley

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2021, 03:56:12 PM »

That's a really clever use of the hammer mechanic!

JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2022, 11:42:56 AM »

Here is a short preview of the overworld map (showing the first world Midgard).

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic