Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:43:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDISCO ELYSIUM (we finished it, it's out)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Author Topic: DISCO ELYSIUM (we finished it, it's out)  (Read 150185 times)
Jinx1337
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2019, 11:56:26 AM »

As much as I am absolutely in love with this title, I may have encountered a game breaking bug; I am not awarded any skill points for leveling up.
The message shows up, there's the icon notification, but once I go into stats menu, there is no point being awarded.

Anyone else encoutered the same? It currently made me put my playthrough on hold.

I have uploaded the savegames if anyone is interested.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlpjIRF8_Bb41FgWLeB3C54ejqIj?e=gEd18K

One is with the skill point already awarded (which dissapears after clicking the menu), the other one is just before earning the level (speak to the NPC, choose 8,2,3 and then whatever till the end of the convo).
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2019, 04:17:54 AM »

Thnx for the kind words!

Jinx (and anyone else with juicy squashable bugs) can you fill out a bug report here and add the files and doodads requested so we can get as much info on it as possible? Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13jM0gNPZTh2BmlWFo3y3m89Qv5GXrYfcXXz4T8-9VlU/viewform?edit_requested=true

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2019, 06:52:17 AM »

Hey, great job. Sorry if this has been asked before: how big exactly is your team? ie. How many people were on the project? (I'm always curious about this). Thanks!

Down here, it's our time.
SiENcE
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2019, 05:46:53 AM »

Greta Job guys!

I've been following your development since 2016. I wanted to see if you were able to redefine the role-playing game.

And I have to say, you really did! You did what we were going to do with our game (Aeon of Sands), but didn't completely convince the players.

Only you were much more consistent in all areas than we were! You declared war on the fight, you have a great setting and the dialogues are wonderfully precise!

I hope so much that you have a great success simply because I think the time has come to steer the RPG genre in a new direction!

Can't wait to play it again Grin

respect and cheers

koyima
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: November 06, 2019, 06:55:06 AM »

So I see Jim Sterling makes a video about a game called Disco Elysium, but there is something familiar about the art... check it out: that's not Disco Elysium... that's the Fur(r)ies game from TIG... go through my bookmarks, click the link, welp I guess you guys changed the name and I haven't checked in

Good work, looks great, might pick it up in the next couple of weeks

kcbanner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 07, 2019, 08:56:59 PM »

Exactly! I knew I recognized this game from TIG when I saw it announced, congrats on the release!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2019, 07:51:31 PM »

okay

Pfotegeist
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2019, 08:04:35 AM »

This is a peek at the merit of a rigorous author(s) and prolific visual artist(s), kind of like other great games. It's also partly voice acted.

Edit: Alright. I grazed devlog a bit so the dialogue appearance is relatively new, maybe the program workflow was tough to design at the start. I appreciate how it looks.

I saw a few reviews that say the game is closer to a DM experience than any CRPG they've played, well that's also a plus.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 04:44:26 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
grui4
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2019, 09:04:43 AM »

the One City Block RPG   
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-outer-worlds-disco-elysium-and-the-rpg-genre   
that concept is awesome. its what i love the most. keeping that Si function tingling with familiarity. 
i so hate moving about ^_^
Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »

Congrats on the well deserved awards  Toast Right

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
ktalkimist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2019, 04:06:57 AM »

Congrats on the awards! What a groundbreaking indie game! Did you do any kind of pre-release marketing or did Humble (via publishing deal) do all that?

ktalkimist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2019, 05:30:58 AM »

Hey, great job. Sorry if this has been asked before: how big exactly is your team? ie. How many people were on the project? (I'm always curious about this). Thanks!

Apparently they were 28 people at some point. I'm curious how a new indie studio could have funded that (though they started with 11).

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-07-20-making-games-under-threat-of-nuclear-war

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic