Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:45:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Cabadath
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Cabadath  (Read 45940 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »

I want him to be a real character. Sad
I really just wish I was there when it was decided so I could of voted.
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2009, 10:50:25 PM »

Why bother making a new idle pose when the one we have is already adequate? Why not work on making a different animation for him? It'd be a waste of time and effort to re-animate the new idle you made to make it look as dynamic as the previous one. Not to sound horribly mean, and it's great that you're interested in the project but we should focus on making new sprites rather re-doing ones that suffice.
I thought it wasn't adequate enough. About reanimating it really wouldn't take that much time, and it wouldn't be a waste of time because I'd enjoy to do it. Also, I made the positioning of cabadath's weapon on the previous stance if you remember, and I think I should have done a better job back then.

I want him to be a real character. Sad
I really just wish I was there when it was decided so I could of voted.
I second that.

shig
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »

So what exactly is he going to do in game?

I think he should stay around for some time looking awsome and then teleport and hit someone out of nowhere. He could also just teleport and disappear without attacking anyone. But I think the most important thing would be to make him stand around for random amounts of time. You never really know when or if he is going to attack anyone.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2009, 02:13:59 PM »

Hey, I was thinking the exact same thing! Great minds...

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2009, 03:46:02 PM »

i was thinking he would walk around slowly while his theme plays and anyone who gets near would get grabbed and attacked. if left alone for a few seconds he starts teleporting and attacking more

Lo
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2009, 08:13:47 AM »

Maybe he should appear on some point of the stage, standing there for 10-20 seconds, and if one of the players would go too close to his surrounding area, then he would teleport in front of the player, and strike him down with his staff.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2009, 08:05:14 PM »

honestly i just really want to get a walking animation in there, it looks so badass

Lo
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »

He'll probably eventually be a character anyways, don't worry about using all his animations.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »

Well, I guess there's nothing stopping you from doing animations for Cabadath if you really want to, but it would be much more helpful to the project to work on a character who's already confirmed.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2009, 05:16:57 AM »

Old topic is old, but I just read this and figured he should attack the person with the least damage/most health and let them "know the name of the King", that would be a fitting game reference as people with a high damage/low health already "know the name of the King".
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2009, 09:13:43 AM »

That's a good idea. It's better than choosing the target randomly.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic