Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:51:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDevlog Gold of 2015
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Devlog Gold of 2015  (Read 13581 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 01:58:34 AM »

Actually, I changed my mind; I do have favourite projects:

Akiro - because it perfectly captures that innocent "I'm making my first game and am just having some fun, I hope you will too" feeling.
Tidepool - because it's a passion project of a father who wants to make a programmable playground for kids. You can read that he's really struggling with it but he still keeps going. I respect that.
cxsquared
Level 0

Game Dev in Progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 08:21:08 AM »

Mostly a lurker but there's a few devlogs that have stood out for me this past year.

Best:
Rain World - Everything about this game looks awesome and I can't wait to finally get to play it.

Favorite:
Even the Ocean - The write ups that have been done on the technical side are great and I loved Anodyne.

Check me out at CodyClaborn.me
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 05:15:23 AM »

im going to vote masochisia for best. not only was it an excellent devblog before the release, but jons consistent, data-driven post-release updates about his experiences with steam, sales, etc and all the nuances around that has been totally fantastic.

for my favorite im going to go Vatnsmyrkr. Princessa has always been consistent and her posts go deep into all aspects of dev, art, design, programming, etc. but shes really hit a stride recently and the past few months of progress have been especially good. i have a strong feeling this is going to be one to watch this coming year.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:28:14 AM by jamesprimate » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 05:25:44 AM »

Can you link them? Search turns up nothing for me.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 05:28:27 AM »

ah yes, duh. fixed!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 02:23:19 PM »

stuff
Ooooh, my. ;--; I've never been nominated to anything before in my life, I think! Thank. <'3

And hey, 2016 seems to be a year with plenty of submarines! Perhaps many games enough that we may have a separate submarine devlog gold of 2016. Wink Three games here on TIGSource so far, because I just found another one today!

--

And if people are wondering why I ain't never voting... It's just so difficult. I'm not the kind of person to just have one favourite when it comes to anything, be it games, movies, music, food or whatever... It's so incredibly hard to pick something, because I'd like to pick many. I might return. When's the deadline?

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 09:56:16 PM »

stuff
Ooooh, my. ;--; I've never been nominated to anything before in my life, I think! Thank. <'3

And hey, 2016 seems to be a year with plenty of submarines! Perhaps many games enough that we may have a separate submarine devlog gold of 2016. Wink Three games here on TIGSource so far, because I just found another one today!

--

And if people are wondering why I ain't never voting... It's just so difficult. I'm not the kind of person to just have one favourite when it comes to anything, be it games, movies, music, food or whatever... It's so incredibly hard to pick something, because I'd like to pick many. I might return. When's the deadline?
Last year the post went up after Thanksgiving, and ended the first week of February. This year, well, I dunno how we're doing it.

You can vote for as many projects as you want for both Best and Favorite btw Smiley

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 11:41:43 PM »

(No one's taken over this, so I will I guess)

48 hours after this post, voting ends!

Get your votes in for you Best and Favorite Devlogs of 2015!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 02:04:24 AM »

Uuuuughhhhh all right but it's soooo difficulllllttttttt

I dunno, some I enjoy reading (which would be favourites then I guess) or whose games I'm exited about haven't had that many updates, like Quill and Clive 'N' Wrench.

Moonman and Obra Dinn are great, but I dunno if it's fair to vote for the same ones multiple years in a row..?

Rain World won last year, so definitely not fair to vote again — still one of the best, but I want to give new people a chance, so that's the only reason I'm not giving you any votes, OK? Tongue No hard feelings pls!!

But I honestly cannot pick anybody for the best category. I am horrible at this...

Might be back again...

Three months into 2016 I'm also already getting confused as to what I read this year rather than last year. My track of time is horrible too.

EDIT:
I think I'll have to go with Leonard and add Tidepool as a favourite as well, for similar reasons... I've been really bad at responding to that thread lately,  so it's the least I can do...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:40:38 PM by Prinsessa » Logged

Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 07:10:18 AM »

What will TIGSource do when Rain World is finally released  Crazy

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 04:45:41 PM »

Collapse on itself obviously.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 07:36:03 AM »

What will TIGSource do when Rain World is finally released  Crazy
TIG survived Minecraft and FEZ

It will survive Rain World  Cry

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 01:57:55 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Kerfuffle and Spirit Ball, because the world doesn't have enough couch multiplayer games.

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2016, 02:49:02 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Kerfuffle and Spirit Ball, because the world doesn't have enough couch multiplayer games.
Ok cool. That's the end of the voting then! There are awkwardly too many ties (with 1 vote as third place) but I'll write up the Result post later.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2016, 02:50:19 PM »

wait wait, 1 more vote for Masochisia in both
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »

Tidepool because I wish such a thing existed

Grront
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2016, 12:35:26 PM »

Going to cast my vote for "Favourite DevLog Project" on Remnants of Naezith (https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=50838.160) (Sorry don't know how to make the name link to the devlog Tongue )

It's a really cool project with beautiful art and a lot of particles (Who doesn't love particles?) It looks great and not only that, it fills a genre that isn't super popular, fast-paced platformer.

-@- Grront
ENDESGA
Level 2

Located on the first galaxy in the Heptaverse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2016, 04:03:40 AM »

Woah I just realised a lot of people nominated my game! :D <3

TWITTER    |    NYKRA DEVLOG
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic