Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:10:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Wanted - pixel artist for dark, underground roguelike [CLOSED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Wanted - pixel artist for dark, underground roguelike [CLOSED]  (Read 677 times)
Gore Motel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2016, 10:50:06 AM »

Hello!

I am seeking an experienced pixel artist to help me with a game I'm working on, see details below.

Individual offering employment:
Hi, my name is Andrei. I make video games in my spare time. I'm only good at coding and not much else, unfortunately.

Project title:
Alhaalla.

Description of project:
Alhaalla will be a simple roguelike for the web and mobile devices, meant to be played in short bursts. The action will take place exclusively in underground environments: dungeons and caves. It will feature characters that are common to the genre: warriors with swords and shields, goblins, undead, giant spiders, etc.

Position requirements:
A pixel artist capable of drawing dark, poorly lit tiles (dungeon and cave environments: floors, walls, stairs, doors, etc.), items (armor, weapons), objects (wooden barrels, chests, potions, etc.), decoration (bones, grates, pools of blood, etc.) and fantasy characters (non-animated - warrior, goblin, giant spider, etc.). All graphics must be drawn using orthographic projection.

Also interested in a pixel artist that can create a lo-res, pixelated logo for the game from scratch, or make a lo-res adaptation of an existing high-res logo.

More info regarding the requirements will be provided via private messages.

Payment:
30$+/hour or paying per asset, whatever you prefer. Payments done through PayPal, bank transfer, or other means.

Contact information:
You can send me a private message here, or an email to: goremotel [AT] yahoo [DOT] com. I would like it if you'd include samples of your previous work or a link to an online portfolio.

I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:44:13 AM by Gore Motel » Logged
Karaki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 11:24:57 AM »

Hello, Mr. Motel! I am excited to hear about such an interesting concept, as a dark mood can really change a person during a spooky game. I am interested in your post, and will gladly direct you to my e-portfolio:
https://mville.digication.com/art_portfolio8/Welcome/
I rely heavily on contrasting colors, lighting, and effects.
If you have any questions/comments/agree/disagree, you can e-mail me at [email protected].
Gore Motel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:43:20 AM »

Big thanks to everyone that applied! I received many messages, and I now have to contact lots of people.

Please consider the topic closed for now.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic