Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:15:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessIndiegala Store, is it worth it?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indiegala Store, is it worth it?  (Read 985 times)
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2016, 11:54:51 AM »

What do you think about putting a game on the Indiegala Store (you sell steam keys on there) in addition to Steam, is it beneficial or are there also possible cons involved? Share your experience or opinions.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Falsen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:45:29 PM »

This is just my experience selling one game but the only stores outside of Steam that have been worth it for us are Humble Store, Green Man Gaming, and IndieGameStand. Most stores have a minimum payment threshold so you gotta hit that before you get any money. A couple stores like Amazon and MacGameStore don't seem to have one so they may still be worth looking at.

Honestly, for our next game we may end up using a service like this: http://bigger-boat.com/what-we-do/

Probably worth noting that GOG is also good. We don't have a game on their service but from everything I've read they are a distant second to Steam. Seems like the most difficult store to get on though.

star-pie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 04:54:55 AM »

Is there a downside?
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 05:49:26 AM »

I am thinking about a psychological effect:

Once a potential customer sees the game on the Indiegala Store he might wait for it to be bundled. So when you make a weeklong deal on Steam, those people who already saw it on the Indiegala Store might skip a buy. But here I am assuming that the intersection between weeklong deals surfers and the Indiegala Store surfers is significant, and that they control their "impulsive-buyer syndrom". Intuition, on the other hand, might tell you that Indiegala Store just broadens the audience. So I am not really sure and would like to know what others think about it.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
RockyKev
Level 0

Marketer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 07:48:07 PM »

I am thinking about a psychological effect:
Once a potential customer sees the game on the Indiegala Store he might wait for it to be bundled.

This is a very interesting perspective.

As a buyer: I don't really make that connection. I buy based on the description, if it hits a emotional nerve and the price feels right for the experience I want.

With traditional advertisements, it takes 11-14 impressions before you decide to actually look into it. From my point of view, the more opportunities you have to appear in front of buyers, the more likely they will pay attention.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic