Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:27:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsROGGLE [Roguelike RPG]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: ROGGLE [Roguelike RPG]  (Read 15219 times)
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2016, 04:10:13 AM »

Your slumber is ending. Welcome to The Fracture...

Roggle is a traditional roguelike focusing on diverse builds, quick play, and intuitive controls.

In Roggle you will explore The Fracture, a ruined world held together by tenuous magic. Severed chunks of land drift through space, a hollow dystopia far removed from its former glory. The Fracture is a fearsome place filled with warring factions, ferocious creatures, and perilous ledges. The path you walk is up to you, but danger waits in every direction.

Those who still inhabit The Fracture are locked in a vicious struggle, vying for control over the fate of the planet. At the center of the conflict are The Harmonic and The Entropic; once united, a bitter feud has passed the point of no return, and the fate of The Fracture is now at stake. Which side of this desperate struggle will you find yourself on? Will you walk your own path, or pledge allegiance to a cause? Perhaps you will make enemies of them all, and join the ranks of The Exiled...

• Dive Deeper - Discover thirty depths of tactical dungeon crawling, ledge jumping, and treasure.
  • Fail Faster - Permadeath doesn’t mean the early game has to be a slog. Control your build from the start and find the perfect strategy.
  • Total Control - Roggle supports mouse, keyboard, and gamepad controls, or any combination you prefer.
  • Arms & Armor - Upgrade your gear until it outlives its usefulness, then fuse it into powerful new creations.
  • Get Classy - Over 10 different classes, each with unique passive abilities, with even more to unlock as you play.
  • Pick a Side - Forge alliances with other adventurers and align yourself with one of the three factions, or go solo and blaze your own trail.
  • Sweet Sounds - Enjoy a full soundtrack inspired by great OSTs like Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda.

Roggle uses the DawnLike tileset by DragonDePlatino and is in development for Desktop and Android. I plan on launching a Greenlight campaign in the coming months, with a targeted release of late 2016.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:35:59 PM by DangerMomentum » Logged

lobstersteve
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 04:44:48 AM »

Promo art and gameplay art look both cool. And the fact that it's a traditional rogue-like is a nice break from the action based once Smiley
I also like that this will be for mobile. The best mobile games rely on touch controls only Smiley
Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 04:56:08 AM »

It's finally here! Been following this for a while before it got its own full devlog, and I can say to whoever here is interested in awesome roguelikes, this is one to watch! ...and eventually  Hand Money Left Hand Money Right

chiguireitor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 05:01:20 AM »

Nice to see you here....

Hope there's an NPC called "Butts"

<devlog> Ganymede Gate - Sci-fi roguelike "Dance like it's 1999 on Ganymede Gate"
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 08:48:59 AM »

If Kyzrati is enthusiastic about a Roguelike, it must be worth following Tongue
Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 09:08:39 AM »

Haha, Mr. Danger knows what he's doing--the gifs mostly speak for themselves Kiss. But I'm happy to help him along by spreading the word Wink

enrickla
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 11:14:08 AM »

Really cool!!!  Beer!

Clumsy Moose Season is a funny and silly game that allows you to draw entire maps with your friends. <br /><br />http://clumsymooseseason.com
dancing_dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 12:23:52 PM »

this looks sexy Hand Thumbs Up Left Kiss Hand Thumbs Up Right
kcbanner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 10:50:21 AM »

This looks awesome, looking forward to more updates!

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 05:33:02 PM »

This looks great. Following.

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!

I did a lot of polish this weekend- fog of war now gets a blur effect and smooth transitions, while objects gained an outline to differentiate them from their surroundings. I optimized the drawing code in the process, so it's running a lot nicer all around.

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 03:04:47 PM »

I just found this cow stranded on an island. I could have moved him with Wormhole, but I left him there.

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:30 AM »

Looks great!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 03:58:45 AM »

I just found this cow stranded on an island. I could have moved him with Wormhole, but I left him there.
You heartless psycho
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 04:16:49 AM »

Looking very nice. Smiley Look forward to playing it. Smiley

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 06:59:31 AM »

Oh yes. Yes, yes, yes. This looks really engaging already. Super following, can't wait to check this out Smiley

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 06:11:41 AM »

Aw yeah, time for video two! These will get more polished as I get more practice making videos, but I intend to do fairly regular runs from start to death to show off the current state of Roggle. In this video, we get to see the new outline effect, the new fog of war effect, The Verge, and why the Buried status is currently in dire need of rebalancing.

nadia911
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 08:10:51 AM »

Looking very good
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »

Here's a big (and somewhat blurry) screen of Roggle running on Android! It's pretty much full speed, only a few hiccups here and there, and that's with no optimization.

On top of that, I'm most of the way through rewriting the AI to take advantage of Dijkstra Maps, so if you have an interest in AI and algorithms definitely give that article a read. This article is a great companion that helps visualize how it works. I'm gearing up for some more technical posts in the coming days, including going over the game's core mechanics in detail, so keep an eye out for that.

Here's a bonus debug screen showing swarming behavior in action, in which I have a sweet eyeball army:

Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 06:24:05 PM »

so keep an eye out for that.
in which I have a sweet eyeball army:

Got it! Glad to hear there will be more detail coming on the mechanics.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic