Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:29:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessLooking for user registration system suggestions
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for user registration system suggestions  (Read 503 times)
Squishymonster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2016, 09:13:05 AM »

I'm looking for suggestions for some web-based user registration system that gates downloads of a free-for-now in-development game. Eventually the game may be sold, but for now I am interested in building a community by releasing early builds for free so that people can watch the development process and I can get feedback early.

I'm not sure what kind of system might be available. I don't want to use anything like a Steam front-end. I want people to go to my development page, which is a Word Press site, register, log-in, and then be able to access the latest builds. It's also important that I be able to see which versions of the game each user has downloaded over the course of their account so that I can see who my key users are and how many.

At least on the user-facing side of things, Mojang's system seems similar to what I'd like. It would be even better if folks that register for my word Press Blog or bbPress forum can re-use that account information, but that's not super important.

I have someone that could develop a custom solution as long as I can set them in the right direction, but even better would be something that already exists.

In the past I've used Digital River to sell, but I've never put a free game on their service.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic