Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 09:19:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessNew Indie Studio - How to generate awareness?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Indie Studio - How to generate awareness?  (Read 576 times)
InfinitudeStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2016, 04:11:04 PM »

Hi There,

My team and I have been working on a project for a few months now and are starting to prepare for the marketing aspect of game development. One thing I've been doing a lot of research on recently is how to generate awareness for our studio and project. Are there any specific methods you have used that worked well? The main goal of this post is to generate a discussion regarding studio and game marketing including the successful ways of getting noticed by fans and other indie studios.

Some of the common techniques I have found consist of Facebook and Twitter, forums, dev logs, etc. Any recommendations on how to utilize those channels effectively? Any recommendations outside of those channels?

Appreciate any advice on this subject as we continue to grow and become one step closer to our goal.
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:50:12 PM »

you ask for advice, but you don't even link to any of your social media accounts or website or devlog in your post. no link in your profile or signature either on these forums.

1. it leads me to believe you don't have a strong sense for marketing in the first place.

2. it prevents me from giving useful advice because i can't gauge where your abilities or projects are currently at.

you need to make it as easy as possible for people to find more info if they want it. i could search "InfinitudeStudios" on google, but that's work that you shouldn't be putting on the end user. it could be the difference between someone following you on social media and them giving up and never paying attention again.

InfinitudeStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 05:27:26 PM »

Closing this.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic