Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:52:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScorn
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Scorn  (Read 50183 times)
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2016, 10:59:10 AM »

Greetings good people of the Tigs forum! I am a part of an indie team called Ebb software and we are here to present and promote our game Scorn . I will try to update this devblog at least every two weeks, showing you different things from our game (from concept art to screenshots and animated gifs and some technical stuff if you are interested).

Scorn is an atmospheric first-person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry. It is designed around the idea of "being thrown into the world". Isolated and lost inside this dream-like world, you will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion. The unsettling environment is a character itself. Every location contains its own theme (story), puzzles and characters that are integral in creating a cohesive lived-in world. Throughout the game you will open up new areas, acquire different skill sets, weapons, various items and try to comprehend the sights presented to you.

2017 Scorn gameplay trailer

2016 Scorn teaser trailer

2014 pre alpha video

Some info from our FAQ page

- Scorn part 1 of 2? Is the game split into parts?

Yes. Scorn was designed with certain concepts and ideas that we are very fond of. Changing these concepts would mess with the whole structure of the game. As we really don't want to do that and considering the budget and time frame available to us we decide to split it into two parts.

These two parts represent everything that will ever be done. There will be no DLC, expansions or sequels. Ever.

- Release date?
First part of the game is scheduled for Q1 2017 release
Second part is TBD.

- What platforms will Scorn be realeased on?
Windows PC

-What engine are you using?
Unreal 4

If you have any additional questions please ask away!

Update 01: New screenshots
Update 02: Weapons from Scorn
Update 03: A very important contraption in the world of Scorn.
Update 04: Capturing all the intricate details of the world in low-poly assets
Update 05: A sneak preview of the upcoming trailer
Update 06: New video trailer and Steam Greenlight campaign
Update 07: Gameplay trailer and Kickstarter campaign

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:00:11 AM by zwerko » Logged

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 12:59:27 PM »

Oh wow, I thought this had been cancelled. What's the state of the game now?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 11:57:40 PM »

Really digging the art (very Giger'esque) . Does your artist have a deviantart account or some place else where I could check out more of his work?

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 12:08:22 AM »

Oh wow, I thought this had been cancelled. What's the state of the game now?

Just finished a lot of level building(rebuilding) and internal gameplay testing. We are currently putting all our efforts in to asset creation and animations that we need for the second round of testing. The game will go through quite a few passes before it is as polished as it should be.

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 12:09:27 AM »

Really digging the art (very Giger'esque) . Does your artist have a deviantart account or some place else where I could check out more of his work?

Yes, you can check his profile http://spinebender.deviantart.com/gallery/

Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 01:18:10 AM »

Yes, you can check his profile http://spinebender.deviantart.com/gallery/

Awesome! Thank you Smiley!

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

zaywolfe
Level 0

Don't let the little fuckers generation gap you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 01:42:10 AM »

The art is amazing like other people are saying. Some of it kinda gives me a Luis Royo vibe. If you haven't already you should check out the tragic polish artist Zdzislaw Beksinski, who has made a huge boy of work depicting hell or hellish locations. He died tragically by a stabbing.

I could definitely see some of his influence here, but in case you didn't know of him, I think his body work could serve as a huge creative inspiration for your game. Definitely forward this to your artist and check it out yourself.

http://imgur.com/a/eiNBs

NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 09:26:23 AM »

Awe sweet, I remember seeing this on kickstarter long ago...it sticks to mind for obvious reasons.  I'm really glad to know this is still alive and it's going to be a treat to get a bit of an inside view as this takes shape.

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 01:08:05 PM »

This reminds me Alien series, quality work. Beer!

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 12:58:29 AM »

The art is amazing like other people are saying. Some of it kinda gives me a Luis Royo vibe. If you haven't already you should check out the tragic polish artist Zdzislaw Beksinski, who has made a huge boy of work depicting hell or hellish locations. He died tragically by a stabbing.

I could definitely see some of his influence here, but in case you didn't know of him, I think his body work could serve as a huge creative inspiration for your game. Definitely forward this to your artist and check it out yourself.

http://imgur.com/a/eiNBs

Yes, of course Beksinski is a great inspiration.

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 05:22:12 AM »

Hi, today we have two new in-game screenshots since it is a #screenshotsaturday Smiley It has been a while since we were able to show something in-game because we were working mainly on concepts and rough placeholders, but some environments are starting to shape up already. Feel free to give us any thoughts.

Fullres images:
Screenshot1
Screenshot2

Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 07:40:27 AM »

Wow wow wow this looks amazing! I'm really curious what the gameplay is about though. Is there combat? Is this a closet simulator like Alien: Isolation?
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 08:44:24 AM »

Wow wow wow this looks amazing! I'm really curious what the gameplay is about though. Is there combat? Is this a closet simulator like Alien: Isolation?
From the first post
Throughout the game you will open up new areas of the game, acquire different skill sets, weapons, various items and try to comprehend the sights presented to you.
So definitely seems like there will be combat. I can't wait to see what the enemies and weapons look like

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 01:41:53 PM »

Combat is similar to old survival horror games like Resident Evil (think Remake) in a sense that you have limited ammo and supplies and you have to choose your battles.It has nothing to do with this new trend of hide and seek horror games.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »

What kind of weapons are there going to be? Given the grotesque Giger aesthetic, I'm betting they won't just be the basic gun types

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 04:23:15 AM »

We'll show some of the weapons soon but only as many needed to tingle your imagination. You will discover the rest on your first play through. We want players to ask themselves the same thing you did.

dnk_one
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 02:03:50 AM »

This looks great, I really love Giger visuals! Can't wait to see more.
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 06:46:05 AM »

We've been talking about weapons so here are some previews. Keep in mind that they are still work in progress.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 03:25:17 PM »

The weapon designs look sweet. Smiley

Almost like like some kind of hover bikes.  Grin

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 06:56:34 AM »

A very important contraption in the world of Scorn.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic