Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:52:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScorn
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Scorn  (Read 50213 times)
ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2016, 05:56:57 PM »

Wow this looks super creepy.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 05:03:57 AM »

Ok, so time for some bit bigger update. We have released a new teaser trailer for the game

Also we have put the game on Steam Greenlight so if you like the video please do give us a vote http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=709630328

Also any comments are more than welcome!

Mr. Virus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »

Oh boy, that trailer is amazing. So glad you guys are seeing the game through :D!

Can't wait to hear what it sounds like as well Smiley.

emptyfortress
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:27 PM »

That trailer is all kinds of sexy, love it!
jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2016, 01:07:07 PM »

Holy Moley. Great artwork and sound design.

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 02:06:46 PM »

That weapon switch animation is so satisfyingly squishy.

Tabook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 10:12:43 PM »

I get more and more excited for this game with each update. The visual aesthetic is disgusting (in a good way) and all of the world's inhabitants give off a feeling of despair or melancholy. Especially that one twisted creature it showed at the end of the trailer, it looked as though it was in a constant state of suffering. You guys did a good job on that.

Also, what games would you say Scorn's gameplay is similar to?
michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 04:30:43 AM »

Wow this is so deliciously dark and gorgeous. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this! Follow you on twitter!

Judicator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2016, 12:12:06 AM »

Your game looks stunning.
Do you plan on releasing the game on other platform rather then Steam, IE GOG?
Thanks, wish you the best of luck.
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2016, 04:11:29 AM »

Hello, yes we will probably release the game on other distribution platforms for PC like GOG.

Judicator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2016, 10:26:40 AM »

I'm looking forward to it then, will surely buy it.
Thanks.
maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2016, 09:15:55 AM »

The worst thing about it is that people that feel like you are actually the best audience for horror.

Just saw the teaser, I think I'll be able to handle it! Just voted on greenlight! :D

Nathan
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2016, 12:31:29 PM »

Needs more tortured bodies lining the walls, Prey style.

Looking good so far!  Hand Clap
Dir3
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2016, 10:43:15 PM »

zomg.. its like Darkseed on steroids!! cant wait for this.

How do we make a contribution??
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2016, 10:46:53 PM »

At the moment it is not possible to make a contribution, but you will probably be able to preorder the game immediately before the release next year. We will definitely keep you updated on that. Thanks for the support!

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2016, 01:32:25 AM »

This game looks great! I'm a big fan of atmospheric, eerie exploration games, especially with bizarre, strange themes and worlds. Will definitely be playing this one.

The game seems to have a very strong fleshy-red color identity. Has there been difficulties in making various places stand out and feel fresh in the game, within what seems to be a very tight palette of colors, and a tight visual design?

Haha, I do like this line in the first post: "puzzles and characters that are integral in creating a cohesive lived in world"
What does the expression "a lived-in world" even mean in the context of a game like this, with its fleshy hellscape world and presumably unspeakable horror inhabitants?
You can really imagine the day-to-day life of the Scorn denizens...

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2016, 02:15:51 AM »

You will actually have a bit different palettes in different areas of the game and slightly different design, we are now playing around with that to make different parts unique. If you look at the teaser itself not areas are redish only, there are blue or green or brown areas too (take a look at our first trailer we did for Kickstarter). So we definitely don't want to make it visually boring, like you have just flesh.

As for the day to day life of the denizens of Scorn you will just have to wait a bit longer until we finish some actual gameplay footage. The idea of a lived in world is that we didn't just put some alien creatures and machinery randomly in the game, they are part of that world and have a purpose in it.

punkonjunk
Level 0

hey, eat this snail quick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »

This looks absolutely brilliant. Only thing I'd really like to see is actual combat!

So, your lead art guy, or your design guy, does he dream in this? I saw The Thing and a couple other body horror movies when I was very young, and meat and bone and flesh stuff just took root for me, I am wondering how other people start doing body horror and ambient horror stuff, where that inspiration comes from.
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2016, 02:06:17 AM »

Actually I'm more like a community/marketing guy Smiley just helping out the team with that stuff. If you are interested in how these ideas came about you can read this interview with the game designer Ljubomir Peklar on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, I think it will shed some light on how the ideas came to be.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:02:43 AM by zwerko » Logged

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2016, 11:53:00 AM »

This is so wild Who, Me? Hand Thumbs Up Right
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic