Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:49:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScorn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Scorn  (Read 50172 times)
Anton Qvarfordt
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »

This looks absolutely brilliant. Only thing I'd really like to see is actual combat!

So, your lead art guy, or your design guy, does he dream in this? I saw The Thing and a couple other body horror movies when I was very young, and meat and bone and flesh stuff just took root for me, I am wondering how other people start doing body horror and ambient horror stuff, where that inspiration comes from.

I'm not part of thet team or anything. But tt seems to me the art is clearly very derivative of H.R. Giger stuff (google him). As well as David Rosenberg films. In the material I've seen from the game I can trace pretty much every asset to a Cronenberg flick or Giger painting. Here is a gun from Cronenbergs eXistenZ:

Anyways all art is derivative, so I don't want to be like "you stole it!". And these influences, imo, are good ones to have... Although I would enjoy seeing something that made me go "what is that!", when clearly very strong talent is involved. Smiley
AstrA
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2016, 12:48:01 PM »

I read the Rock, Paper Shotgun interview; I'm SOOOOO stoked for this game! Gomez Gomez Gomez

Will we be able to talk to Ljubomir Peklar or the artist Filip Acovic? I'd love to know their processes and ideas for how the game came about! Also, I'm interested in the writing process for the story.  Smiley
icedmanuel
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2017, 01:22:03 PM »

How about gore? will there be enemies melting alive, exploding, bleeding strange substances, die like the mr. gray alien in the Dreamcatcher movie? mutating in strange forms before going totally deformed and splattered around like enemies hit by Hokuto no Ken?

Will there be permament wounds and/or mutilations in Soldier of Fortune style? 

I will Definitely buy your game! i'm in total hype! :D
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2017, 06:56:31 AM »

For the past two years, our team has been working hard on the development of Scorn. Our studio has grown to over 20 people and we have entered the financial partnership with Humble Bundle, which helped us immensely at the time.

Despite all the struggles we’ve been through since we began working on the Scorn, we are still determined to keep the project alive. We have never compromised on the quality of the game, and we’re not planning to do so now.

We are getting close to completion of Part 1, but we’re not really satisfied with all the aspects of the game. After much internal deliberation, we decided that it would be the best to try and acquire additional resources, taking more time to polish the game, rather than releasing something we’re not entirely happy with.

With all that said, we are pushing the release date for 2018. More development time would give us an opportunity to expand the scope and polish the game the way we really want to. And in order to make all this happen, we decided to organize a Kickstarter campaign to acquire the necessary resources.

There is a new video focusing on the gameplay and the level of quality we are striving for the release which will be sometime next year.

Also if you would like to support us check out the Kickstarter campaign.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:10:54 PM by zwerko » Logged

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2017, 10:26:52 AM »

This is a really interesting project, and I'm glad to see some extended gameplay! ^_^

I did notice one thing in your description of the game that gives me pause: You mention that "Inventory and ammo management" is "defined and limited". Does the player then have a very limited inventory (as I gather that the original Resident Evil had), calling for backtracking to swap out items? And how is this handled with regards to ammunition--is the player expected to push forward, picking their fights, or once again to go back to resupply?

I'll confess that I dislike very limited inventories; if that is what you intend, then this game might not be for me. :/ (Well, unless it can be easily disabled, perhaps toggled in the options menu, of course.)

By the way, I think that your Kickstarter link is broken--it seems that you have the actual link in inverted commas, and after an additional "http://".

Squire Grooktook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »

Whenever I look at H.R Giger or Zdzislaw Beksinski's works, I always imagine how many stories could be created from those haunting worlds. I look forward to seeing how your organic world unfolds.

zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2017, 09:16:34 PM »

This is a really interesting project, and I'm glad to see some extended gameplay! ^_^

I did notice one thing in your description of the game that gives me pause: You mention that "Inventory and ammo management" is "defined and limited". Does the player then have a very limited inventory (as I gather that the original Resident Evil had), calling for backtracking to swap out items? And how is this handled with regards to ammunition--is the player expected to push forward, picking their fights, or once again to go back to resupply?

I'll confess that I dislike very limited inventories; if that is what you intend, then this game might not be for me. :/ (Well, unless it can be easily disabled, perhaps toggled in the options menu, of course.)

By the way, I think that your Kickstarter link is broken--it seems that you have the actual link in inverted commas, and after an additional "http://".

Thanks for the link comment, fixed it now.

As for the ammo and inventory the Resident Evil is maybe the best reference. We understand that it may be a turn-off for some players but the idea is that the player has to pick his fights. You can see it in the trailer when he walks in to a room with 5-6 creatures and he has just a few bullets left he closes the door and turns back. We believe it intensifies the horror atmosphere where your are not a godlike creature that can kill everything else with run and gun tactics but you have to be genuinely scared of the world both visually and by gameplay. So to answer your question - no, you won't be able to go back and resupply nor will you be able to turn off the limited ammo, it is part of the game's core mechanic. You will be able to find more ammo and stuff if you explore more which should make dealing with enemies easier.

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »

holy shit

The production values, the environmental/sound design, the art direction

I like this a lot
KPas
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2017, 11:44:19 PM »

We believe it intensifies the horror atmosphere where your are not a godlike creature that can kill everything else with run and gun tactics but you have to be genuinely scared of the world both visually and by gameplay.

I agree, nodding!

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2017, 10:40:52 AM »

Thanks for the link comment, fixed it now.

My pleasure; I'm glad to have been of help. ^_^

As for the ammo and inventory the Resident Evil is maybe the best reference.
 So to answer your question - no, you won't be able to go back and resupply nor will you be able to turn off the limited ammo, it is part of the game's core mechanic. You will be able to find more ammo and stuff if you explore more which should make dealing with enemies easier.

Hmmm, hold on: you only speak of ammunition above. Does the game have an inventory (in the sense of items carried for puzzle purposes--think of Resident Evil's crests, etc.)? (For the purposes of this conversation, let's exclude items that are acquired, but that don't take up space, such as the key-cards in Doom.) Or is it just a matter of limited ammunition? The latter I might be okay with, perhaps even enjoy; it's the former that really bothers me.

(At the least I gather that you don't intend that players go back and forth to storage chests or the like!)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic