Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:21:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCircle Empires - You are a leader
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Circle Empires - You are a leader  (Read 15215 times)
mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2016, 07:13:35 AM »

Improvements and fixes
+ Fixed an issue with traits that sometimes created a series of issues after saving and loading the game (thanks to gibbled0 and thelostlegend15)
+ Less lagg on large maps.
+ Mystery box now says what it contained.
+ Things look a lot sharper when zooming in. Graphics quality can be lowered to previous level in settings.
+ Fixed an issue where poisoned units were lit on fire after saving and loading the game.
+ Fixed some visual alignment issues in connections between circles.
+ Fixed an issue that caused creatures to overcrowd the connections between circles.
+ Fixed an issue that allowed the right-most creature training button to go under the Menu button on some screen sizes.

Download on Gamejolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/circle-empires/121625
indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »

i loved the game, i think the path finding should be better, like the npcs try to avoid invading enemy zones if the destination is not in said zone. also could you please add some dynamics or mechanics about the circle lands, like changing them or something, also i would love if the next game was like... after 100 years of peaceful reign, chaos came back to the land. and then it began again(same map with small changes, but different starting area and different enemy placements, something like broken chalice(though i didnt play it ;p) or like hero generations

mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 02:39:30 PM »

Thanks for playing! The idea of playing the same map with different starting point sounds cool. Improving AI to avoid accidentally walking through your circles is also a good idea!
mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2016, 06:21:37 AM »

Visual Update, Balancing and Fixes
+ Visual improvements.
+ All circles are at least reasonably rich now. Removed the possibility of getting circles that have almost no resources.
+ Attack notifications go away more intelligently now based on what part of the world is visible and how far zoomed out the view is.
+ Upgrading walls no longer de-selects the wall if there are more upgrades available for that wall.
+ AI no longer tries to attack you with the harvestable fishes.
+ Frog Witch can no longer attack units one-by-one without aggroing everyone else in the circle.
 + Fixed an issue that allowed burning effect to be sometimes behind the burning object.
+ Fixed an issue that re-filled farms to 100% when they leveled up.
+ Currently active thing to buy is now reset when starting a new game. (This avoids exploit where it was possible to build things that are not accessible through tech tree in new game).
+ Drop Extra Lives ability has improved description.

mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2016, 04:05:38 AM »

Update: Research technologies to boost unit stats!
+ Added upgrades! They can be researched from storehouse. Once researched, they make your units and buildings better.
+ Added armor. Knights and some other units start with a few armor points. Their hitpoints were reduced slightly to compensate for this change.
+ Dragon level 1 got +200 hitpoints. Level 2 and 3 got +100 hitpoints.
+ Added some initial smoke effect to burning things.
+ Workers show what they are carrying (literally).
+ Damage from spawners has been pretty much neutralized to reduce sudden losses when dealing with them. The arrows that Barracks, Archery range and Stables shoot deal about 70% less damage. Necro Tower and Dark Tower deal about 50% less damage.
+ Level 3 Undead spawner Sinister Tower damage reduced from 140 to 60 and hitpoints from 8000 to 4000.
+ Launcher does splash damage. Reduced damage from 50 to 20.
+ New workers now prefer harvesting food 2x more often than earlier. Creating a bunch of workers and not giving them specific tasks will result in more food and less wood harvested, which is usually good at game start.
+ Added tool-tips to new game settings.
+ Fixed a glitch that caused player's ranged units to sometimes run towards target instead of shooting at it when right clicking.
+ Fixed a glitch that sometimes caused freezing or burning effect to be behind the unit.
+ Changed default map size to XS with 9 circles. It used to be 16 circles, which is probably too long for first time experience for most people.
+ Playing vs computer opponents has less settings now. The environment difficulty is always Normal. Choosing computer player's strength is more clear.
+ Fixed some background visual glitches that could happen on narrow devices.
+ Fixed some minor menu issues that could show incorrect selected options after loading a game and going back to menu.
+ Fixed an issue that caused arrow flying sounds from undiscovered circles to be played.
+ Fixed an issue that allowed boss circle to spawn next to player's start circle on 3x3 map on classic mode (no computer opponents)
+ Added scrollbar to end game stats.
+ Added green arrow pointing to build the first storehouse.

DeRoquefeuille
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2016, 07:04:34 AM »

I played through a game against 2 normal AI opponents on a Small (S) Map.

I really like the concept of the game. The directional defense walls lead to interesting choices of where to attack next and in which direction to bolster you defenses.

Some things I noted:

• Sometimes grey rectangles appear to the top-right of a unit. I think it has something to do with the XP they have gained, but I was a bit confused as it does not fill up like an XP-bar but it is either there or not.
  • Some units need Diamonds to build them. I didn't see any diamons to harvest anywhere and I have no idea where I could get them
  • It took a while for me to notice, that the workers can suddenly build stuff once they level up. I tried bulding something with them at the start by selecting them, but at that point no build menu pops-up which led me to believe that they cant build anything. Maybe showing the build menu with the buildings greyed out would be a solution? Especially as it is likely that a worker is not in view when he levels up, which might prompt you to check again if they can build something now.
  • The amount of resources you have at your disposal snowballs fast as basically every circle is a resource tile. Once a quarter or so of tiles is conquered, the map feels basically won as you can quickly fill all your circles with workers and build huge armies.
  • On the case of armies: To me it felt like the range of the ranged units is a little to big. My Strategy of massing up on ranged units with just 2 or 3 meat shields in front made it possible to kill all units and building in a neighbouring circle by focus fireing at them with my ranged units without my ranged units beeing in danger at all.
  • Maybe its worth considering to not have a storage house/tower build for you as soon as you conquer a circle. Making it more costly to expand vs just clearing the tile of enemies to be safe would add another interesting decision.

Keep up the great work! I'm excited to see where this project is going.
mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »

Thanks, DeRoquefeuille!
mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 01:45:54 PM »

Friendly Update!
+ Reduced worker food cost from 200 to 150. Happy working!
+ Your ranged units are now much more helpful towards their own troops in nearby circles. They will rush to help if their own circle is secure and there's a battle in any connected circle.
+ Increased starting circle minimum berry bush count from 3 to 4.
+ Attacks are less frequent, especially on lower difficulties.
+ Ghosts are now somewhat resistant to being knocked back which makes them a lot more dangerous if you are relying mostly on archers.
+ You can now see the base damage and all the bonuses separately. Like damage: 9 + 20. So it's easier to understand how much is gained from upgrades and personal traits.
+ If you have a small number of workers then new workers will always prefer harvesting food, to allow increasing worker population faster and avoid awkward situations where you have lots of workers but almost everyone is harvesting only wood.
+ The minimum difficulty a circle can have is a little bit higher to avoid lots of unguarded circles on low difficulties. Unguarded circles are still very possible though.
+ Fixed a visual glitch that could happen with background.

mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2016, 09:21:20 AM »

Christmas Update: Don't Mess With Santa!
+ Added Santa! He wanders from circle to circle and brings presents. Presents give you a nice boost, a rare unit or some rubbish. Like in real life! You may decide to pick a fight with Santa but this can have dire consequences.
+ Fixed an issue that caused idle workers and melee units to rush to other circle to help out with battle. This behavior is meant only for ranged units as they have a low chance of getting killed while doing this.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2017, 07:19:02 PM »

Fun.
In vs AI I think the AIs should attack you sooner!
I don't understand the Strength ratings - I attacked enemies with nearly double strength and won. Maybe it's counting all 4 of their walls?

I like the new units. Mushroom mechanics are :/ but I like the direction!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:46:19 PM by quantumpotato » Logged

mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2017, 01:47:14 AM »

Thanks for playing! Did you play vs hardest AI? The AI is assessing your strength and only attacks if it thinks that it can win. If you hoard up units in one circle then AI will prefer attacking other circles for a (very) long time. This is useful because otherwise AI would do suicide missions which cause him to lose very very quickly.

The strength ratings are approximate yes :D It is very common that you can beat circles with much higher rating. The thing is that each unit has a certain amount of strength. But it doesn't consider the synergy that units create. It's just a head count basically. So if you make useful combos, like 1 Apprentice + Archers + 1 Dragon, your actual power will be waaay higher than your strength rating says.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2017, 08:15:20 PM »

Thanks for playing! Did you play vs hardest AI? The AI is assessing your strength and only attacks if it thinks that it can win. If you hoard up units in one circle then AI will prefer attacking other circles for a (very) long time. This is useful because otherwise AI would do suicide missions which cause him to lose very very quickly.

The strength ratings are approximate yes :D It is very common that you can beat circles with much higher rating. The thing is that each unit has a certain amount of strength. But it doesn't consider the synergy that units create. It's just a head count basically. So if you make useful combos, like 1 Apprentice + Archers + 1 Dragon, your actual power will be waaay higher than your strength rating says.

Ok cool, thanks! Nah I just went with the default on a small map. Btw I like how the units sort of box up now when you move them together. But how they spread out is still pretty funny looking but gives the game some charm. Curious about PvP..

mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2017, 07:01:29 AM »

Multiplayer is in active development. It will take a long time before it becomes publicly available. Stay tuned Smiley (follow us on gamejolt and circleempires.com)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic