Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:47:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNew "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games" - Strategic Butt Coverings
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Author Topic: New "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games" - Strategic Butt Coverings  (Read 10861 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2016, 02:48:41 AM »

"This one game did something bad therefore all games are bad."

thats 100% correct
try to name me one game that isnt bad.
Bet you cant

quod erat demonstrandum mother fuckre

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2016, 02:58:04 AM »

I suppose she forgot to say that patronizing disclaimer this time around, the one she says on like every other video in that series, where she assures the viewer that its still okay to like video games even if you recognize they might have some problems. Dont worry everybody, its okay!!!

I guess she figured that gamers' fragile feelings didn't need to be placated that way on EVERY video, and that most people watching her videos would have the emotional maturity to realize this on their own. Surely they know this by now, she said it like twenty times, and it didn't even need to be said in the first place!
WRONG

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2016, 05:04:08 PM »

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2016, 02:03:11 PM »

Okay so I suppose this topic is half-dead now and this is stretching the bounds of its subject matter but someone showed me this window into the paranoid mind of a gamergater and I just needed to share it somewhere, and it seems too embarrassing of an image / cruel to make a whole topic about.

Man this sounds like this was written by an indie game developer too...

oh no what if they're a member of this forum

oooooh noooooooooooooo

(I made a post about a month ago here that joked about what the worst case scenario of SJWS WINNING would be and I am glad to see I was not that far from the truth)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:24:39 PM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2016, 02:08:22 PM »

replace gamergate with harassment

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2016, 02:21:29 PM »

gamergaters tend to have this idea that gamergate is somehow a Globally Important Movement and the Last Bastion Against The SJW Hordes. ive been following the surrounding debate pretty much since it started (and still occasionally do) and have seen many many posts like this.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2016, 03:04:31 PM »

Gamergate: We do not want to give up a small portion of our privileges for the sake of making the gaming industry and community an immensely more pleasant and safe place to be for people that are not white cis male. Also fuck you for literally no reason at all.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2016, 03:13:56 PM »

I actually go to 8ch sometimes to see what they're up to. Last time I checked they thought that the last episode of South Park was a reference to GamerGate, the infighting they have going on, and how the big corporate business is against them. They could not be more delusional.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2016, 03:41:30 PM »

I actually go to 8ch sometimes to see what they're up to. Last time I checked they thought that the last episode of South Park was a reference to GamerGate, the infighting they have going on, and how the big corporate business is against them. They could not be more delusional.

fun fact: i have irl "hardcore" gamer friends who have probably never heard about gamergate. when ur part of this culture, it's easy to forget that only a minority of gamers actually follows videogame journalism and the related drama.

but hey at least that rant post doesn't use the usual cringey war rhetoric but instead sounds like it was written by someone who took fallout a little too seriously. as far as paranoid ramblings go, it's refreshing!
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2016, 07:18:16 PM »

tldr

Was it basically just Helter Skelter only with feminists replacing blacks?
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2016, 11:05:32 PM »

It's someones telling us of their bizarre nightmare about what would happen to the world if Gamergate had never happened and the evil SJWs had won.

Its a post-cyberpocalypse where SJWs are tearing down all culture and businesses fall one by one, but the writer of the post is building and leading a small rebellion of heroic indie game developers fighting back and boldly making games even though games are probably illegal now. He also says that Islam took over the world, a truly beautiful addition to any paranoid wall of text in my humble opinion, like a beautiful cherry on top.

He ends re-iterating that he is truly glad Gamergate was around to prevent this nightmare from ever coming true.

(in other no-doubt related news, I keep seeing people talk about how Twitter is dead because someone apparently was banned on it for "critiquing" feministfrequency. I am seeing a video about this in my youtube recommendations and I am afraid clicking on this could summon theAmazingAtheist in my recommendations list again)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:22:07 PM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2016, 12:27:46 AM »

So basically Helter Skelter.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »

(in other no-doubt related news, I keep seeing people talk about how Twitter is dead because someone apparently was banned on it for "critiquing" feministfrequency. I am seeing a video about this in my youtube recommendations and I am afraid clicking on this could summon theAmazingAtheist in my recommendations list again)

Some handy YouTube tips if you decide you're curious enough to watch it: A Chrome incognito window/Safari's private browsing/whatever browser's don't-identify-me mode will stop YouTube from remembering what you've watched. If you watch it on your main account, you can also delete that video from your watch history (https://www.youtube.com/feed/history) and it will stop affecting recommendations. There's also a "Pause watch history" button on that page which probably works, but I haven't used it myself.

Still, I usually prefer not to give these sorts of videos an extra view, particularly if they're running ads and might get some money from it.

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2016, 03:15:22 PM »

Apparently, twitter has started some new initiative to stop bullying campaigns
and ban twitter people who participate in them. Feministfrequency is part of that committee.

One of the first people to get banned from twitter was someone critical of Feministfrequency (in all those usual boring ways I dont need to go over, "blah blah she stole money with kickstarter blah blah ethics in journalism blah zoe quinn is literally the Whore of Babylon")

Obviously, gamergaters threw a fit over this, and I guess its understandable if you think those criticisms are reasonable and not just part of that bigger, nastier, paranoid misogynist movement. All the dude talked about in the video was that the twitter guy was critical of Feministfrequency, but a very quick looksy around quickly revealed he was an asshole in general, and the tweet officially mentioned as a reason for his banning was calling someone a retard. I'm gonna go on a limb and say he probably was exactly the kind of twitter account that committee was made for, and him tweeting at feminist frequency merely put him on the committee's radar.

Apparently some other youtube smug atheist MRA guy, thunderfoot, was also suspended from twitter last year, which spawned its own bunch of reaction videos from people calling it the death of twitter as a bastion of freedom of speech

zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2016, 06:35:00 AM »

Apparently some other youtube smug atheist MRA guy, thunderfoot, was also suspended from twitter last year, which spawned its own bunch of reaction videos from people calling it the death of twitter as a bastion of freedom of speech

I don't understand whether this is supposed to be an example for or against the censorship claims.

@zilluss | Devlog  Hand Point Right
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2016, 10:04:23 AM »

For those who think that woman are either "fat ugly and don't care to be sexy" OR "skinny pretty and sexy"  Shrug

I hope they don' get offended

walpap
http://abload.de/img/rainbowryu1080pdzohe.png
http://abload.de/img/kenryu1fyoie.png
http://abload.de/img/kenryu2vrrev.png

edit source
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188176&page=188
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:43:38 AM by Jimym GIMBERT » Logged

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »

those are so good.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #197 on: February 29, 2016, 08:51:10 AM »

We need video games that will sublimate male face pinching. There will never be enough faces to pinch.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 29, 2016, 10:13:52 AM »

i'm glad hideo kojima found some funding so i can live out my army style rough gay sex fantasies in youtube videos of games i will never play
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic