Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1403632 Posts in 68266 Topics- by 61926 Members - Latest Member: Uchida

November 26, 2022, 04:30:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit Competition[FINISHED, fixed] STAR CANNON: INVASION FORMATION
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: [FINISHED, fixed] STAR CANNON: INVASION FORMATION  (Read 45367 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 12:05:13 AM »

Pretty fun, bloody hard. My cities are leveled in seconds. Those groups of foot soldiers are brutal to buildings. WTF

Beer!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
compound
Level 0

Help

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »

thanks guys for playing and for your feedback Smiley

it's great to hear positive response about the sound, doing the codes and waveforms themselves was a big and rushed job for us to do, and required a great effort from a ringer who had to get all the codes good and running in just a few days Crazy

the difficulty can be pretty variable initially depending on the random locations of the dropships in the sky. some games might be really easy and others really hard. though in the end they all end up at the same difficulty of pretty damn hard.

now for some good news: in the latest update I have a good feeling that I've improved/fixed compatibility for the majority of people out there. if hasn't been working for you, give it a try now... it didn't turn out to be rectangular textures in the lo-fi filter, it was actually a sillier oversight than that, and it took some work to reverse... its something I'll take with me to the grave Embarrassed

EDIT: uploaded a quick update cause i broke the saucer drawcode, re-download from the link if your saucers look funny
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:54:55 PM by compound » Logged
orl
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 01:06:42 PM »

yeah! that fix finally did it for me.
now all runs fine here.

very cool. i'm especially impressed by how the weapons feel so damn powerful. nice mix of sounds and colors Smiley.

the hordes of aliens are still clearly ruling the game in my impression, though. would be great if one could win (and lose) somehow. would add a good amount of long term fun to the game, i guess.
Fuzz
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 03:13:52 PM »

Wow, this game is awesome, but I am terrible at it.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 10:03:15 PM »

You have the best controls of the all games in this competition I think. It's so much fun just to zoom around and shoot that I almost wish I had more time to do it without getting bothered Smiley

The shooting is also fantastic, the sound effects work perfectly and it's just lots and lots of fun to play.

I think that maybe it is a little too hard to protect the cities sometimes, because it's hard to get across the space fast enough and I would have liked some more of a warning at times. Then again, maybe I just need to play more and get better at it Smiley

Really solid entry overall, my friend.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2009, 06:35:55 AM »

I hate how many entries in this competition don't run for me Cry

When I launch any of the .bat files, I just get a console window for a second which then closes unceremoniously. When I just launch game.exe, I do get to a menu screen with "Begin" and "Exit" options, but when I choose Begin I get an "unknown software exception (0xc000001d) at 0x0040fdbf" Sad This is Win2k with a Radeon 9500.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that both stderr.txt and stdout.txt are empty whatever I do.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:48:26 AM by muku » Logged
KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2009, 09:00:04 AM »

Works for me now too. I really like the different weapon choices (it's pretty fun blowing the aliens up with missiles). The whole game (colours and all) has a sort of stormy ominous feel to it, which I love.

Really great job on this, and I'm so glad I'm actually able to play it now! Thanks so much!

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »

Seeeeexy. Fun game.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
genericuser
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »

Works for me now, very cool and frantic game  Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin Hand Metal Right
Bob le Moche
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2009, 05:18:51 PM »

Yeah, this entry feels really polished, the weapon effects and the way your cockpit moves are perfect. I only wish I could drive around inside the city...
ForTheUSSR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »

Fun game!  The movement was really smooth, and I liked how the player leans when going left or right.  The sound effects were also surprisingly fitting with the nice lo-fi graphics. 
Greender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2009, 10:11:40 PM »

Best game in the compo in my opinion, it was the more enjoyable, great controls and overall just fun fun fun. Nice aliens too.

compound
Level 0

Help

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2009, 03:20:07 AM »

sorry to have been quiet these past weeks, good-for-nothing artmonkey OP here has been MIA for a month, I've been focused on some other stuff in the meantime... but I can confirm at least one of us is really happy to have gotten the 3rd spot Grin

Thanks everybody for playing, posting, and voting Beer!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:00:04 PM by compound » Logged
tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2022, 07:39:15 PM »

https://brackishmeadows.itch.io/star-cannon

someone was asking me about this game because the old box.net download links had expired and you couldnt get it anywhere. and i located a copy and i put it up on itch, so now you can get it. it exist.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 03:29:52 AM by tok » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic