Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 10:43:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Critique and Feedback on some pixelart
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Critique and Feedback on some pixelart  (Read 780 times)
MikeSal
Level 0

Yo

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:06:14 PM »

Hey!

I've been trying to get into composing music for games but I was having doubts about being able to find a project to make music for so I decided I should try to broaden my usefulness and get into some art and animation and it seems to be coming along better than I expected so I've decided to take it a step further and try my hand at making an entire game. Its a sci-fi point and click adventure. That's all I'm gonna say. Secrets!

So here's A shot from A planet I'm working on. Its not finished yet but I'd like to make sure its headed in the right direction. Thanks for your help guys!  Smiley

Senior-X
Level 0

am not a pervert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »

can't say much for now since its not finished, but it looks already pretty good for someone who's begining!
just be careful, since that the sun is the source of light in your scene, it should be brighter than the sky color.

to know more on how it work and how to check values in your work:

http://www.artofscholes.com/checkingvalues/

also, jpeg ruin pixelArt with his compression, try png or gif.

MikeSal
Level 0

Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:30:50 AM »

can't say much for now since its not finished, but it looks already pretty good for someone who's begining!
just be careful, since that the sun is the source of light in your scene, it should be brighter than the sky color.

Oh yeah good point. Thanks for the reply!
monsterfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:10:33 AM »

Looks good to me, I agree with the point about the Sun.

I think the dinosaur on the right could do with some improvement, make the next less straight as it's looks too exact at the moment, almost like you used a straight line tool.

The art itself looks really nice, I especially like how the sun is shining on the rocks.
MikeSal
Level 0

Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:36:27 PM »

Yeah I've been trying to get that dinosaur figured out. Hes supposed to be in this kinda halfway point between facing sideways and facing the camera but thanks for the help!
monsterfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 02:41:46 AM »

Yeah I've been trying to get that dinosaur figured out. Hes supposed to be in this kinda halfway point between facing sideways and facing the camera but thanks for the help!

I understand, maybe if you are trying to do that try making his head come from both sides of the neck, it should look like its facing the camera then.
maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »

Really digging the perspective on the bridge.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic