Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:06:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for Programmer for Narrative Poke'mon Style RPG about Life and Game Dev
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Programmer for Narrative Poke'mon Style RPG about Life and Game Dev  (Read 1068 times)
thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:00:34 PM »

4/6/2016 Update:
I started working with a programmer, however he disappeared after about a week which has been my biggest concern about collaborating with someone remotely, but I've finished a lot more work on the game and ready to start working on the coding side of things again! The biggest addition to the game is the Dream World, it's a place where bizarre and fun things will happen at the end of each day of the game, including having the protagonist fight giant manifestations of his fears and doubts! Right now there is more than enough art and writing done to get a demo made! Please get in touch if you're serious about working on this project!

Hi everyone! I'm Tristan, and I've been working on my 5th project, a semi-fictional narrative about a failed indie game dev who finds out he only has 7 days left to live! The focus here is going to be story telling and world exploration so there isn't going to be any fancy combat or HUGE technical hurdles. I've been doing all of the art myself and plan on continuing to do so! At this point there's enough or close to enough artwork already done for a demo and I'd like to continue working on the next sections if I can find someone to help me put it together!

You can find the dev log here:  https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=51459.msg1198556#msg1198556

I'd like this game to become a hit but I'm not in this for money, so I'll gladly share any proceeds with my partner. If interested drop me a line here or always at [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you! :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:56:34 PM by thefoolishbrave » Logged

thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 06:51:30 PM »

Hey guys! I just updated some of the art so you can see where the direction of the style is going a little bit more! I've been testing out the waters, but now I am actually ready to collaborate and put together the intro scene of the game!

The intro scene will take place at a fancy pool party in which the main character attends, only to find out his doctor is throwing the party and morphs into a demon before evily telling him he's going to die and that there's nothing he can do about it. To make things worse- all the other guests morph into the doctor and begin laughing at the hero in a circle. Of course this is all just a dream, but I think it's a good way to show the whacky and original premise and plot development for a 2D poke'mon style game Smiley

thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:56:04 PM »

4/6/2016 Update:

I started working with a programmer, however he disappeared after about a week which has been my biggest concern about collaborating with someone remotely, but I've finished a lot more work on the game and ready to start working on the coding side of things again! The biggest addition to the game is the Dream World, it's a place where bizarre and fun things will happen at the end of each day of the game, including having the protagonist fight giant manifestations of his fears and doubts! Right now there is more than enough art and writing done to get a demo made! Please get in touch if you're serious about working on this project!

oab
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 07:13:03 PM »

Sound interesting. Do you have more detail?

I am making a shmup game called. Devlog here : USG

I released 'Flesh' and 'miniStrike' on Steam. steam page
djpaul1963
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 03:36:03 AM »

Check your email plz

Everything can be done but I don't know how
djpaul1963
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 10:47:56 AM »

"I started working with a programmer, however he disappeared after about a week which has been my biggest concern about collaborating with someone remotely, but I've finished a lot more work on the game and ready to start working on the coding side of things again!"

Well, you shouldn't complain when you are the one who ignores people here and you never reply to emails as well.

It seems you are not taking very seriously your own work or you are just too selfish to find 5 minutes to answer a polite 'no thank you'.

Good luck..

Everything can be done but I don't know how
Beyond
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 11:00:16 AM »

What language are you using? I have not yet been involved in any programming projects but if you're using C (or lisp Tongue) I might be of help.

- You're a short one, but there's a strong look to you
Joeb Rogers
Level 0

Professional Gameplay and Tools Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 10:21:56 AM »

"I started working with a programmer, however he disappeared after about a week which has been my biggest concern about collaborating with someone remotely, but I've finished a lot more work on the game and ready to start working on the coding side of things again!"

Well, you shouldn't complain when you are the one who ignores people here and you never reply to emails as well.

It seems you are not taking very seriously your own work or you are just too selfish to find 5 minutes to answer a polite 'no thank you'.

Good luck..

Seconded. Sent multiple messages, tried email and pm on here. Simply got a response eventually saying they don't check their email very often so to relay the message again on here. No response. When they're ready to at least be courteous and respectful others in their field looking to help with what they have specifically asked for, they might have some better luck in actually working on this project.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic