Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:16:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLong Gone Days - Modern-Day Story-Driven RPG (Launching on March 28th)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Long Gone Days - Modern-Day Story-Driven RPG (Launching on March 28th)  (Read 13353 times)
brantkings
Level 0

I like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2016, 05:35:00 PM »

Saw a random youtuber playing the demo and really liked this game. Didn't know there was actually a tig devlog for, so here am I subscribing.

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »

how the hell have i not subscribed to this. ridiculous! subscribed now!

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2016, 12:40:50 PM »

We have been fully funded on Indiegogo!
There are still 10 hours left before the campaign ends, but we want to thank everyone who has supported us.

Besides that, the demo has been updated and it is now available on Steam. The Mac version is also out and you can get it at itch.io or Game Jolt.

This version of the demo also features the wonderful fanarts we received during the campaign:

(This one was made by Noctilin, be sure to check her amazing gallery!)

Until next time!

Long Gone Days (DEMO) Devlog|Site|Twitter
Sora
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2016, 04:36:17 PM »

Yo! Congrats on reaching your funding goal  Beer! . This game looks unique and I love how it has two different art styles.

Random reminder- Back up your work.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2016, 12:18:03 PM »

Congrats on getting funded! Smiley

Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2016, 12:28:05 PM »

Hi everyone! I hope you have been doing well. A lot of things have happened since the last time I updated this thread, but one of the most important things was that we were able to attend Tokyo Game Show!

We’ve been working really hard on bringing the game with all its features and HD art into Unity. Also, Nikki has been working on a few surprises we hope to be able to show soon!

Besides that, we’ve been polishing the new party members that will join Rourke and Adair on their journey, and soon they will be ready to make their first official appearance! (Here are some GIFs, but since we are working on the scenes that were seen on the demo, it looks pretty similar, except it’s on a widescreen resolution: Dialogue & Particles)

We’re proud to announce we’ll be part of two events in November!

The first one is Day of the Devs (presented by Double Fine and Iam8bit), where we’ll be showing the demo, alongside a bunch of really cool indie games, and it has FREE ADMISSION! The event will be on November 5th in The Midway (San Francisco, CA), so go check it out if you’re near the area.

The other event that we’re gonna be a part of will be GaymerX East, on November 12 and 13 in the Microsoft Technology Center in New York City, where Nikki (our lead developer) will be showing Long Gone Days at our own table at the Indie Space ◝( ′ㅂ`)و ̑̑

Until next time!

Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2017, 08:44:48 AM »

Hi people, it's been a while! I'm not dead, but I've been updating mostly on our devlog on a monthly basis since then.

Some of the things that have happened since our latest update here are that we got into IndieDB's Indie of the Year Top 100, and we were also featured on IGN:

We also released a Simplified Chinese version of the demo on Steam (thanks to the help of Indienova's Project Gutenberg):

And well, in general we have been posting a lot of stuff, from concept art, timelapses, GIFs, etc. I'll try my best not to neglect this thread again Who, Me?

Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »

Hi people! Here's a timelapse of one of the maps getting built in Unity:

Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2017, 10:18:14 AM »

One year ago today, the demo of Long Gone Days was released!

So many things have happened since the release, and it’s been an incredible process. To this date, the demo has been downloaded over 100,000 times, and hundreds of Let’s Plays have been uploaded to YouTube. Thanks for playing, everybody!

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »

The dialogue and font looks like RPG Maker, but the battle doesn't? (I'm using RPG Maker so just curious).

Anyway, congratulations on the downloads and Let's Plays and Indiegogo!

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2017, 11:59:39 AM »

Thank you very much!
The demo was indeed made on RPGMaker MV, but the full game is being developed in Unity. For the battle system I used a couple of plugins made by MogHunter, with some modifications (I highly recommend his plugins!).

Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2017, 09:16:43 AM »

Here's a little preview of the elevator working

Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2017, 10:38:45 PM »

Wow, I haven't updated here in forever, so before the year ends, I want to share some more recent screenshots Gomez

Anyway, enjoy your holidays, everyone!

Bura Mathews
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2018, 07:04:36 AM »

Long Gone Days will finally be launching on Early Access this March 28th and we have a brand new trailer to celebrate:

Here are some screenshots we hadn't posted yet:

Thank you so much for your support during all this time!

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2018, 09:08:06 AM »

The screenshots you posted are too large for the format of the webpage, or maybe it's my browser. I watched the trailer and couldn't help but feel that all I was seeing was just a jumble of gameplay footage and art. It didn't tell me much about the game other than it has clear military influences and aesthetic. Sure, the art, animation, and music are awesome, but if you're not arranging those together to form a clear message, then it's not doing it's job - which is to communicate to the player why they want to play the game.

I've been rewatching some of my favorite game trailers, just this morning, and here's one of my favorites.

The message to the potential player is clear here. These guys land on the moon, they kill some aliens in a spectacular battle, travel to different planets, and go on general adventures. The visuals, music, and art inform me clearly and make me want to play the game.

Later in the day EDIT! - I watched your first trailer and now I feel silly, having said the above. Although, I think it would have been more clear if you marked the second trailer as a "Gameplay Trailer" instead of saying it was a normal trailer like your first one.

Even if I had never heard of Destiny before this, I would know what it was about after watching this trailer. Like I said before, you have great graphics, music, and animation. You just need to arrange them better.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 04:11:19 PM by Pixelologist » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic