Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411277 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:50:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessAnyone has had experience with Gamxin.com?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anyone has had experience with Gamxin.com?  (Read 1866 times)
Diejay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:32:49 AM »

I was approached on twitter by a representative from http://www.gamxin.com/, which is apparently a platform to help indies gain visibility for their games. I didn't find much information about this site, but I signed up anyway for a free account. I assume I'll have to spend money eventually if I want to use their services though. I'd need to know if it's legitimate first.

I've never dealt with these services before, I've only had experience with FGL.com, which is pretty good for selling flash games, but I'm getting in the PC and mobile business now.

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 03:36:39 PM »

Bumping this even though it's old, as I just recently stumbled upon the service. Anyone have any experience in it?

I went ahead and signed up/setup my game on a whim, so I guess we'll see if anything comes of it.

spacetoadsmayhem
Level 0

Time to blast some Space Toads :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 04:09:10 AM »

Any news / feedback regarding Gamxin ?

Thanks,

L.

Arcade flavoured ice cream with laser blast sprinkles Smiley
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 12:35:58 PM »

What do you think the odds of a publicity firm you've never heard of being really good at getting publicity are?

spacetoadsmayhem
Level 0

Time to blast some Space Toads :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 08:59:27 AM »

What do you think the odds of a publicity firm you've never heard of being really good at getting publicity are?

I don't think the odds for good publicity in that case are too brilliant, but marketing is basically: drip... drip... drip... So I don't mind signing up (as one of the "millions" other things I do of course) - unless someone had some bad experience with this etc?

Arcade flavoured ice cream with laser blast sprinkles Smiley
Bahototh
Level 1

Design, Pixels & Art

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 09:32:30 AM »

I also got approached by them. Doesn't seem to be much experience or reports though.
Having a hrad time with big youtu¨bers and journalists going there for news. hmm... Shrug

-----------------------------------------------------
"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one." ~Charles Horton Cooley
---------------------------------------------------
[Thy Sword] https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48380.0
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 12:12:58 PM »

https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=54156.0

Probably a similar scheme as this
CptJoker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 12:14:13 AM »

Rebumping this thread, because I too have recently been contacted by these folks. It looks all right at a glance, I'm just in the process of signing up now, and I guess I get to play the guinea pig for all of us here. Unless someone would care to chime in at this stage and warn me off? I've been chatting to this Athul Raj guy for a bit now, and there's two possibilities: either he's the best-presented scammer I've ever met, or he's legit. I'm currently leaning toward the latter, though. It's hard to shake the feeling of "too good to be true" but maybe that's just the case for a still-small operation like theirs that's trying to gather a lot of steam fast. Would love to hear others' experiences, and I will try to remember to add mine here as well, if anyone is interested. Smiley

(If you're curious as to my page there, it'll be up soon here.)

Thunder Highway
- Fly jets against giants monsters in 1958!
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 06:06:34 AM »

Again, I think it's reasonable to expect that this will have absolutely no positive impact. Marketing & promoting is about having press contacts/relationships, hustling hard to push trailers and press releases, keeping you on message, etc. None of those are likely to be achieves by a 'platform' like they would by an individual, and esp not one with no proven successes.

Maybe it's on the way up, and you'll get to ride that, but there's no reason to expect that. As long as you aren't giving away any money or % it's probably harmless, but don't forget to market yourself too.

CptJoker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 11:11:54 AM »

Believe me, that would have been the very first red flag that went up, and in fact the very first question I asked was, "Is this going to cost at all?" followed by "What's your angle?" It seemed reasonably altruistic, but I didn't press for details on their business model. I assume their aim is to increase traffic as with any website, and perhaps that's their game? Ultimately what decided it on my part was that I didn't see anything fishy and more exposure can't hurt - no more than hauling my media around on IndieDB or itch.io, anyway. Tongue

Thunder Highway
- Fly jets against giants monsters in 1958!
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 08:08:31 PM »

So what do they charge and what is their angle?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic