Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:41:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe PAX South 2016 thread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The PAX South 2016 thread  (Read 524 times)
Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: January 27, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread about this. FYI, Penny Arcade Expo: South is a new branch of the PAX events happening in San Antonio THIS WEEKEND ZOMG. It's more generally-geeky expo with a good amount of tabletop & board gaming, comics, and other nerdy ontop of just games. Here's the website, I think you can still register.

I'm flying there tomorrow to showcase our game Karaski: What Goes Up..." at booth 17062 (here's a map!), an open-ended & story-driven adventure uncovering the secrets of passengers onboard a doomed airship. There's a few panels that actually seem pretty interesting. Overall it's a good mix of educational-lite, entertainment/comedy and competitions/tournaments going through the whole day, plus of course the main Expo floor. Will probably mostly be stuck to our booth but hope to make a few rounds too and check out other offerings. Been to few expos now but never PAX.

One odd (and bit discouraging) thing I noticed is that whenever I ask any people in real life (even geeks and devs) about going, they mostly reply with "What's PAX?" I always thought it was a pretty well known in the geek-spheres, especially after some controversies last few years.

So anyone here going? Anyone went before? Excitement? Impressions?

(p.s. I didnt want to post in the Events/Jams since I wanted to open it to non-dev gamers too!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic