Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:00:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCyber Shadow - NES style ninja platformer
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Author Topic: Cyber Shadow - NES style ninja platformer  (Read 150867 times)
Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2018, 06:42:38 PM »

Love the art style, this looks really good.  Grin

EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: July 22, 2018, 11:24:47 AM »

Just saw a post on twitter about this. The game is looking fantastic!

Out of curiosity, have you already found someone(or people) to make the music to your game?

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
MekaSkull
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 02, 2018, 02:43:18 PM »

I have decided to move into a new direction with this game  Ninja

Twitter @MekaSkull
Cyber Shadow Devlog
indieDB
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: August 02, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »

Some are lovers, others are fighters.  If there's a dialogue system, there needs to be a "Say nothing" option.  That way Shadow-kun might have a change at being the Strong Silent type. Grin

MekaSkull
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 02, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »

Strong Silent type. Grin

That's a genius idea! You'd get the secret best ending by staying in character, which is always choosing the dialog option "..." or "throw shuriken"

Twitter @MekaSkull
Cyber Shadow Devlog
indieDB
Shoehead
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 09, 2018, 08:20:03 AM »

I have decided to move into a new direction with this game  Ninja

Kiss
hoyoyo80
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 13, 2018, 10:09:08 PM »

TBH, Ive registered to comment here but i suprised that community betten than FB GameDev Group.

To OP, if u dont mind telling me the character sprite size, level tile size and what engine this game is made?

Thanks
Caravaggio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2018, 05:03:31 PM »

Uh.  So that's at the very least a real mini-game, right?

Right?
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: September 30, 2018, 07:50:04 AM »

This is looking awesome. My favorite arcade game is Shinobi.

Bitmojo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2019, 05:21:21 AM »

I've been following the progress of this game for more than a year. I'm a NES junkie and really think that this game has potential, perhaps even more than Shovel Knight.

However, there hasn't been any news for months. Is the developer still working on this game? I really hope so.

On a side note, i'm a game developer myself and specialize on mobile games, so if you want to port this game for Android and iOS i could be of help

i've made my own NES game for Android for those who want to check it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitmojo.games.mineescape. It's completely free and without ads.

Regards.
Bitmojo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 28, 2019, 03:51:32 AM »

Great News people!

Cyber Shadow is gonna be published by Yacht Club Games (yes, the same people that developed Shovel Knight) and it's soon gonna be released on Switch, PS4, Xbox ONE and Steam!

https://yachtclubgames.com/cyber-shadow/

I can't wait to play this awesome game!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 28, 2019, 04:17:54 AM »

congratulations on getting a publisher. in this time of great joy for you i would like to reiterate what i said on page 3: this looks cool as hell and the gg shinobi rules.
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: March 28, 2019, 07:16:55 AM »

This looks !@#$ing amazing and getting Yacht as a publisher is HUGE. Congrats!

bacon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2019, 08:12:49 PM »

Congrats on getting picked up by Yacht Club!!!

CANTATA
sfiii3n
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 02, 2019, 02:45:40 PM »

Yacht Club Games said:
We’re very proud to announce Cyber Shadow, the newest project from Yacht Club Games. Developed over the last decade by Aarne Hunziker and over a year being polished under our watchful eye.

What's the deal with Yacht Club "picking" you up? You apparently worked on this game for a decade, then they came in to release it. Why don't you publish the game yourself and get paid more?

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 03, 2019, 03:01:34 AM »

Yacht Club Games said:
We’re very proud to announce Cyber Shadow, the newest project from Yacht Club Games. Developed over the last decade by Aarne Hunziker and over a year being polished under our watchful eye.

What's the deal with Yacht Club "picking" you up? You apparently worked on this game for a decade, then they came in to release it. Why don't you publish the game yourself and get paid more?

i wonder what yacht club games could offer the developer of a long term labour of love project that primarily revolves around nes style platforming. it's a mystery that may never be solved.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 03, 2019, 04:26:45 AM »

sorry that was unnecessarily rude of me. yacht club games have a built in fanbase with a reach and ability to market directly to the target audience of this game, as well as valuable understanding and input into the back end workings of a game like this and experience supporting multiple releases and platforms. for a one man or small team taking some of that load off can be invaluable, and for someone looking to make money, getting more people to potentially give you that money is potentially a better strategy than hoping you get noticed naturally.
qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: April 03, 2019, 10:25:39 AM »

OP probably can’t explain contract details, but I imagine he isn’t getting ripped off Smiley
sfiii3n
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 03, 2019, 12:16:42 PM »

sorry that was unnecessarily rude of me. yacht club games have a built in fanbase with a reach and ability to market directly to the target audience of this game, as well as valuable understanding and input into the back end workings of a game like this and experience supporting multiple releases and platforms. for a one man or small team taking some of that load off can be invaluable, and for someone looking to make money, getting more people to potentially give you that money is potentially a better strategy than hoping you get noticed naturally.

I thought of all of this too, but still, 10 years in the making... I at least hope he got a good deal out of it.

I think the game would have been noticed eventually. Good games get noticed. Cave Story didn't need something like Yacht Club Games to promote itself.
CrimsonGuy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 04, 2019, 06:42:18 AM »

Are there any plans for Linux build in the future? Sorry if this has beeen asked before
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic